Gun

CureTheSane

So I'm a latecomer to this band.
Love Swagger, and the first 2 are good, but then I made a huge mistake in picking up the next album, which is a phone number or whatever.
I believe that this was the last album before they split and then reformed.

Is anything after they reformed worth bothering with?

Shame that the INXS dude killed off the good music with the phone number album...

I've enjoyed the last couple of albums, indeed the one from last year (Favourite Pleasures) is pretty good. Nothing comes close to the first three though. 

The River Sessions is worth listening to. 

0141 632 6326 was a real career killer.

5 hours ago, CureTheSane said:
1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

What do the numbers for the album title even mean?

I made a huge mistake in picking up the next album, which is a phone number or whatever.

I did try to warn you about the fourth album being a big disappointment :).  I believe at the time that it was a phone number fans could call and get info about the band.

1 hour ago, Crazysam said:

I did try to warn you about the fourth album being a big disappointment :).  I believe at the time that it was a phone number fans could call and get info about the band.

Yeah, but it's better that I find out for myself...

The phone number thing is pretty stupid. Had I know that I may not have even listened to the album on general principle of stupidity :)

The only albums worth bothering with are the first three. Not that later stuff is bad per se, just that it is not that great either.

The phone number album is fucking terrible though.

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

The phone number album is fucking terrible though.

Yeah,I only remember the single Crazy You,but I think they tried for the whole Brit-pop thing that was going about at the time with both image and sound,which was very disappointing.

• 3 months later...

OK, so it's been a few months, so I decided to give the phone number album another go - going in with the mindset that it's very poppy and average, rather than going in expecting more of Swagger etc

With an open mind it's actually not as bad as I first thought.

Crazy You, All My Love, My Sweet Jane, Came A Long Way, All I Ever Wanted, Always Friends are all decent songs

Came A Long Way has a U2/Robbie Williams feel to it.

I think some people wouldn't mind as much if any of these songs were the 'different' song that bands sometimes put at the end of a CD
Hidden track etc