Interesting Youtube videos

Darkstone

• 2023 Gold Donors

I  thought i'd start a thread to showcase some of the various random clips we come across from time to time.

I'm always coming across interesting videos, but couldn't be bothered starting a new topic for each one. 

Of course,  it doesn't have to be music related. Just anything that tickles your fancy.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I've seen the Richard Cheese vids before. Good stuff.

I think the casting of Steve Vai for this movie was a master stroke. It wouldn't surprise me if he had made a deal sometime in the past.

• 2023 Gold Donors
6 hours ago, heavyharmonies said:

That last one is not available to view in the U.S.

Bummer. It's an official SNL video so i guess i'm not surprised. It's the sexual harassment sketch with Fred Armisen and Tom Brady.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I don't really know who Eddie Trunk is, but i'm subscribed to his youtube channel. Obviously, he has a radio show and i'm guessing our U.S. members will probably know who he is. Anyway,  he has some very interesting old school interviews. This is a snippet from the latest one. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

When I was a kid, the "Jack the Ripper" story frightened the shit out of me. Much scarier than any horror movie I could have watched. Over the years there have been many movies, documentaries and theories about the subject. Many suspects including a Freemasonic plot, a Royal surgeon, a member of the Royal family itself and many others. There's always a new theory, but they're never quite convincing. I saw this latest documentary a couple of years ago and as far as i'm concerned, case closed. This independent researcher has cracked it IMO and if he's right then the irony is that he was right in front of them the whole time. If you're interested in the subject, check it out

BTW, what do "Jack The Ripper" and "Kermit The Frog" have in common??

They both have the same middle name.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8 November 2017 at 6:07 AM, Darkstone said:

When I was a kid, the "Jack the Ripper" story frightened the shit out of me. Much scarier than any horror movie I could have watched. Over the years there have been many movies, documentaries and theories about the subject. Many suspects including a Freemasonic plot, a Royal surgeon, a member of the Royal family itself and many others. There's always a new theory, but they're never quite convincing. I saw this latest documentary a couple of years ago and as far as i'm concerned, case closed. This independent researcher has cracked it IMO and if he's right then the irony is that he was right in front of them the whole time. If you're interested in the subject, check it out

BTW, what do "Jack The Ripper" and "Kermit The Frog" have in common??

They both have the same middle name.

Ah, I'll have a watch of that tomorrow, I've read up a lot on the Ripper history. You're right, ther've been several  suspects identified over the years, some more convincing than others.

I recently read a book about James Berry, a hangman here in the UK who claimed to have hung the Ripper. His memoirs are available online too via this link  https://ia800300.us.archive.org/19/items/MyExperiencesAsAnExecutioner/Berry.pdf 

• 2023 Gold Donors
39 minutes ago, Silverkin said:

Ah, I'll have a watch of that tomorrow, I've read up a lot on the Ripper history. You're right, ther've been several  suspects identified over the years, some more convincing than others.

I recently read a book about James Berry, a hangman here in the UK who claimed to have hung the Ripper. His memoirs are available online too via this link  https://ia800300.us.archive.org/19/items/MyExperiencesAsAnExecutioner/Berry.pdf 

Cool. I'll be interested to know what you think. If you've read a lot about the subject, then I think this will blow your mind. All the pieces fit.

11 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Cool. I'll be interested to know what you think. If you've read a lot about the subject, then I think this will blow your mind. All the pieces fit.

Aaaggghh the video content is blocked in my country. I'll have a hunt on the internet for it. Just in case I can't find it though, what's the name of the suspect?

• 2023 Gold Donors
5 minutes ago, Silverkin said:

Aaaggghh the video content is blocked in my country. I'll have a hunt on the internet for it. Just in case I can't find it though, what's the name of the suspect?

Bummer! The name is Charles Cross/Lechmere.

6 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Bummer! The name is Charles Cross/Lechmere.

Found it. I remember watching that when it was shown on tv here. It's fascinating and certainly plausible. The bit about his job meaning that it wouldn't be unusual for him to have blood on him was interesting.

It's the fact that he lived for a long time after the murders stopped that raises doubts for me though

• 2023 Gold Donors
1 hour ago, Silverkin said:

Found it. I remember watching that when it was shown on tv here. It's fascinating and certainly plausible. The bit about his job meaning that it wouldn't be unusual for him to have blood on him was interesting.

It's the fact that he lived for a long time after the murders stopped that raises doubts for me though

Yes, the Whitechapel murders stopped, but it's possible that other future murders in different locations could  be attributed to him. He may have been one of these serial killers that takes years/decades off before resuming. It's all about triggers. For me, the most compelling evidence was the account of the discovery of the second victim. Being seemingly disturbed with the body while the wounds were merely seconds fresh and the subsequent odd behavior, lies, time discrepancies and reluctance to come forward is very telling. His route and times he left for work fit nicely with all the murders also. As the guy in the video said, with all the evidence, if he wasn't Jack the Ripper, then he was the unluckiest man that ever lived.

3 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yes, the Whitechapel murders stopped, but it's possible that other future murders in different locations could  be attributed to him. He may have been one of these serial killers that takes years/decades off before resuming. It's all about triggers. For me, the most compelling evidence was the account of the discovery of the second victim. Being seemingly disturbed with the body while the wounds were merely seconds fresh and the subsequent odd behavior, lies, time discrepancies and reluctance to come forward is very telling. His route and times he left for work fit nicely with all the murders also. As the guy in the video said, with all the evidence, if he wasn't Jack the Ripper, then he was the unluckiest man that ever lived.

Awful if it was actually him and they could've been so close to catching and stopping him

On 11/6/2017 at 11:28 PM, Darkstone said:

I don't really know who Eddie Trunk is, but i'm subscribed to his youtube channel. Obviously, he has a radio show and i'm guessing our U.S. members will probably know who he is. Anyway,  he has some very interesting old school interviews. This is a snippet from the latest one. 

Oh, we in the US know Trunk very well. He's the absolute worst representation of Hard Rock and Metal as a host. He's the ultimate know-nothing who thinks he knows it all. And the biggest POSER in the US by far.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Oh, we in the US know Trunk very well. He's the absolute worst representation of Hard Rock and Metal as a host. He's the ultimate know-nothing who thinks he knows it all. And the biggest POSER in the US by far.

That was the impression I got.

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, AlphaMale said:

Here's a pretty good article on Mr. Trunk:

http://thegreatsouthernbrainfart.com/?p=1214

Yeah, I can't say i've heard a great deal of his stuff but as interesting as his youtube clips of interviews are, I do find him name dropping constantly. It's the interviewees that attract me to the videos. He may come across as a nob, but he gets the big names. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...