Interesting Youtube videos

Darkstone

On 2/26/2018 at 12:38 AM, Darkstone said:

Every now and then you come across a ballad that brings a tear to the eye. Beautiful stuff.

OMG..... that is funny as fuck!!!

• 2023 Gold Donors
On 3/3/2019 at 10:35 AM, CureTheSane said:

god DLR is boring to listen to.
Full of weird anecdotes and pseudo intellectual blabber
Never really answered any questions of presented a point of view.

No problems with him not wanting to dish dirt and get involved in the usual VH drama, but that take away any interest in listening to him.

Give me Bian Wheat telling people to fuck off any day :)

I enjoyed it. The way he speaks about the Van Hagar era shows what a class act he is. You're right though, at times he does get into borderline Grandpa Simpson territory. 

• 2023 Gold Donors

Conan O'Brien is the best talk show host for me by far. Very underrated. Here's a couple of great clips with Nikki Glaser. The term "Costanza wallet" should be in the dictionary IMHO.   #metoo........please.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I stumbled across this random video of some guy's top 30 AOR/Melodic Rock choruses. I have all of the albums in one form or another as i'm sure most of you do, which makes this video even more satisfying. This guy really knows his stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
On 3/25/2018 at 11:23 AM, Darkstone said:

I don't know who came up with the concept for this new YouTube Red series, but it's genius.

THE COBRAS WILL RISE.

Season 2 looks just as good. They're really showing great respect to the original, even down to an updated version of Bananarama's song "Cruel Summer" in the background.

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

"RAMBO - Last Blood". Looks great. I can't really tell from the trailer, but it looks like he's up against Mexican drug cartels this time. I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Interesting doesn't begin to describe these videos. It's completely taboo now, but when I was a kid I had quite the arsenal of toy guns and cap guns. Some very realistic looking. This is next level and so easy to make. I particularly like how he makes the bullets on the mini gun. Very creative and fully functional. Just don't take them to the airport.

• 4 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

Michael Jackson -Moonwalker?

This clip blew my mind when I first saw it several years ago. It's a great old school clip, but skip to the 2:00 minute mark for the mind blowing footage.

• 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I haven't really kept up to date with the whole "deep fake" thing apart from the odd news report. Then this popped up on my youtube feed today. It's getting ridiculously good. Give it about 5 to 10 years and you'll be able to put yourself in your favourite movie. No probs. Which begs the question. What movie would you put yourself in and what character would you play?

Edited by Darkstone

On 2/7/2019 at 6:35 PM, Darkstone said:

There's a youtube channel called "Top 2000 a gogo". They have a lot of great "stories behind the song" videos. This is their latest with Desmond Child. I just wish it was longer.

This is a cool thread - missed some cool shit. I really enjoyed this... but yeah, I agree it's too short. 

On 2/26/2018 at 4:38 PM, Darkstone said:

Every now and then you come across a ballad that brings a tear to the eye. Beautiful stuff.

Absolutely loved this. lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

It's interesting how the "Talk Box" was used by Peter Frampton on one of the most popular songs and live albums ever ("Frampton Comes Alive" was a commercial monster), yet it's rarely ever been done well or even seen since. The only example I can really think of at the moment is "Kickstart My Heart".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

I remember seeing this nearly twenty years ago and it blew my mind. Probably the first time a National Geographic video has been posted here, but it's as interesting as fuck. Think "A Bug's Life" meets "Apocalypse Now" meets "The Last Samurai". The temperature accuracy in the second part is incredible. The title of the video is a great name for a band BTW.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors

This popped up in my youtube recommendations. I'd already seen it, but I was reminded of it's brilliance when I rewatched it. It's mesmerizing. Guys like Roy Clark, Chet Atkins and countless other guitar masters are sadly forgotten today.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I found this one fascinating. A Medieval Latin version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit". There's no reason why this would not have been played back then. Every Era would have had Master musicians playing incredible music. You can imagine how many great melodies have been lost over time. Unfortunately, recording devices weren't around in those days. The relationship we all have with music, I feel was just as strong for people living thousands of years ago. 

Edited by Darkstone

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2023 Gold Donors
On 8/19/2020 at 12:47 PM, Dead Planet said:

Nice of the guy to cushion the cats fall...lol

That thing came down like a fucking brick. The poor old bastard ended up in a neck brace FFS. I've heard :whistle: of being Pussy whipped, but that's ridiculous. 

I think the most disturbing thing about this video was the booties on the dog.

17 hours ago, Darkstone said:

That thing came down like a fucking brick. The poor old bastard ended up in a neck brace FFS. I've heard :whistle: of being Pussy whipped, but that's ridiculous. 

I think the most disturbing thing about this video was the booties on the dog.

lol