Shakra - Snakes & Ladders

Stefan

From melodicrock.com:

On November 10th, SHAKRA will release their new studio record "Snakes & Ladders". As in the game with the same title, the goal is to climb to the top. This is what SHAKRA as a band also have in mind. It’s been almost 2 years since "High Noon" was released, the comeback album with former leadsinger Mark Fox back on the microphone. "High Noon" made it to #2 in the swiss album charts and also entered the german charts.
The haunting melodies, the distinctive voice of Mark Fox, the striking guitar riffs from Thomas Muster, the emotional solos from lead guitarist Thom Blunier and the irrestistible grooves from Drummer Roger Tanner and bass player Dominik Pfister are all typical SHAKRA trademarks, which can be found again on "Snakes & Ladders". The opener "Cassandra‘s Curse", which lyrically is about the current world affairs, is a perfect example of all the trademarks mentioned above. Heavy riffs, an atmospheric verse and a powerful refrain.
The kickass rock song "Friday Nightmare" is followed by the title track "Snakes & Ladders": Up & down and the game’s going on. Sometimes you win, sometimes you fall. Sometimes everything just goes smoothly, but there are times when you gotta try again and again to reach your goal. Just roll the dice at some point you will be where you wanna be!
"Together with ‚Cassandra’s Curse‘, ‚Something You Don’t Understand‘ is one of the best songs I’ve ever written", says a very proud Thomas Muster. The song is a great 80s inspired powerballad with an enthralling melodie and simple grooves that will stick in your head for sure.
All in all there are 12 brandnew SHAKRA tracks on "Snakes & Ladders", Shout out some singalongs to "The Seeds", feel the blues in "Rollin", listen to the straight Rock‘n’Roll song "Medicine Man" or just rock out to "I Will Rise Again" and "Fire In My Veins". We are sure every SHAKRA fan will be more than happy with the album.
So SHAKRA are definitely back on track! And by the way, "Snakes & Ladders", their 11th album so far, includes the Snakes & Ladders game on CD and Vinyl.
On November 10th the dices are rollin‘ with SHAKRA and "Snakes & Ladders"!

LINE-UP
• Mark Fox vocals • Thom Blunier guitar • Thomas Muster guitar • Dominik Pfister bass • Roger Tanner drums

21370831_1646843642020045_22458718672363

Tracks:

01 Cassandra’s Curse
02 Friday Nightmare
03 Snakes & Ladders
04 Something You Don’t Understand
05 The Seeds 06 Rollin‘
07 M edicine Man
08 I Will Rise Again
09 Open Water
10 The Race Of My Life
11 Fire In My Veins
12 The End Of Days

Does "Snakes & Ladders" mean something? Weird sounding combo to me.

Have no idea. Could only think of Chutes and Ladders. LOL

Are you 2 winding me up?? Have you never heard of Snakes and Ladders??

???

???

Just looked it up, never heard of it before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been listening to this the last few days and it's pretty typical Shakra. Not amazing by any means but some solid tunes.

My favorites on the new one:

Something You Don't Understand
Medicine Man
I Will Rise Again
Open Water
The End Of Days

• 3 months later...