Super Monaco EP

Mr.AOR

• 2023 Gold Donors

Super Monaco are Benjamin Moore on all instruments with his brother on vocals. These 2 guys have produced imho 1 AWESOME!!! EP which has a massive Def Leppard influence which is not suprising as Benjamin has a youtube channel performing Def Leppard covers aswell as other bands songs. Now i know some peeps are going to criticise the vocals but for me they are perfect as they add to the whole 80's vibe on this EP.

Bottom line is this is just one AWESOME!! melodic rock/AOR EP and it's refreshing to see Benjamin give an indepth preview instead of a 20 sec snippet. Preview below, enjoy and a mandatory purchase :tumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCEMAmvWCsQ

Super Monaco are Benjamin Moore on all instruments with his brother on vocals. These 2 guys have produced imho 1 AWESOME!!! EP which has a massive Def Leppard influence which is not suprising as Benjamin has a youtube channel performing Def Leppard covers aswell as other bands songs. Now i know some peeps are going to criticise the vocals but for me they are perfect as they add to the whole 80's vibe on this EP.

Bottom line is this is just one AWESOME!! melodic rock/AOR EP and it's refreshing to see Benjamin give an indepth preview instead of a 20 sec snippet. Preview below, enjoy and a mandatory purchase :tumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCEMAmvWCsQ

sounds awesome ! really nailed the classic def leppard sound there

nice find mate

• My Little Pony

Well, then, let me be the first to criticise the vocals. Sounds like a weak Ted Poley, but also sounds like he could easily strengthen his voice with a decent vocal coach. Anyway, it doesn't take away from the awesome music.

Is it only available digitally? I see U.S. Amazon has mp3's, but will wait if will be released on CD.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Yep digitally only, as well as Aazmon.com you can get it from the from the following, well worth $4.95 imo.

Cd Baby link - http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/supermonaco
iTunes link - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/the...
Google Play link - https://play.google.com/store/music/a...
Amazon MP3 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01KYF7A9O

• 1 year later...

Excellent song!!! Wish there was a little bit of guitar solo/riff at the end of the song. Just an opinion. 

One of the best tunes I have heard this year.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The last track is a blinder and something that Graydon and Magness would be proud of

The 5 tracks have a superb guitar tone, great use of harmony chords and brilliant production for an indie release

This is now on repeat in the car - killer stuff!

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I don't mind it but I honestly don't understand covering a song unless you have serious intentions of bettering the original. Like I said, this is nice but a hell of a long way off the original. Shouldn't have bothered. 

Hi there, I’m Ben, the guy behind the Bwm5150 YouTube and also the Super Monaco project. I didn’t expect that my stuff got shared on a site like this so thanks for doing so.

I’m not going to lie, it’s a little hurtful to read some of the comments but I take the good with the bad. I should maybe explain that the recent cover was just a bit of fun and something we wanted to try out. The song was one of my first guitar covers on YouTube so I felt it would be an appropriate one to do. I added in aspects from the demo which featured some Steve Clark guitar work so I thought that would be an interesting way of making it a little different, we also added a key change as well for the hell of it.

Like I said, I did not expect this to be shared anywhere other than on my channel so I appreciate that but maybe that helps explain why some don’t like it or understand the point of it. We have some new material on the way which hopefully will go down better...maybe not 😅.

cheers

Ben

19 hours ago, BWM said:

Hi there, I’m Ben, the guy behind the Bwm5150 YouTube and also the Super Monaco project. I didn’t expect that my stuff got shared on a site like this so thanks for doing so.

I’m not going to lie, it’s a little hurtful to read some of the comments but I take the good with the bad. I should maybe explain that the recent cover was just a bit of fun and something we wanted to try out. The song was one of my first guitar covers on YouTube so I felt it would be an appropriate one to do. I added in aspects from the demo which featured some Steve Clark guitar work so I thought that would be an interesting way of making it a little different, we also added a key change as well for the hell of it.

Like I said, I did not expect this to be shared anywhere other than on my channel so I appreciate that but maybe that helps explain why some don’t like it or understand the point of it. We have some new material on the way which hopefully will go down better...maybe not 😅.

cheers

Ben

Hey Ben, and welcome aboard. As they say in the movies, "Those who can, do. Those who can't review." So keep doing what you love and don't worry too much about what a bunch of muppets on a forum on the internet think. ;) 

For the record, I thought the debut EP was really good and I'd love to hear another one... especially of your original tunes. ;)