Hardline - Human Nature

Stefan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't even remember any keys in it. I think if I had my choice I'd want more keys than less. I don't know. Only spun it once and I found it dull as horseshit. And I guess that horseshit is more grotesque than it is dull, so it's actually probably more dull than horseshit.

I don't think it was awful, but just doesn't sound like Hardline, or that last good album they did. I remember a lot of the time thinking it had the same blandness I'd get from an Axel Rudy Pell album.

One of the best Melodic Rock cds this year. For sure it isn't as "Hard Rock" as Double Eclipse, but we need to embrace the fact that the debut is epic. It is hard as hell to beat that. But this one is far better than Danger Zone, which I believe has 3 or 4 very weak slow-paced songs.

If you give this one a go, be sure to listen to "Running on Empty", "Nobody's Fool", "Where the North Wind Blows" and "In the Dead of the Night". These are BY FAR one of the best hard/melodic rock music this year.

• 1 month later...

I was really harsh on this, because it's a shit album. 62% from me... just didn't enjoy it at all. So many weak, overly safe songs... some even sounding like Axel Rudy Pell out-takes. They really missed the mark on this one for me. The only song I liked at all was the closer, 'Fighting the battle.'

• 2 years later...

Big Hardline fan here and loved their first album when it came out in the early 90s. Shame the music industry changed over night and the band broke up before a truly follow up album came out.  

I listened to Human Nature again this weekend and while I was pretty enthusiastic about the album after hearing it the first time when it first came out, I now find it to be pretty safe just like many other albums released by Frontiers. The only song that really caught my attention was Trapped in Muddy Waters. Less keys and more guitars that way it should be for a Hardline song.  

Hardline is coming out with another album this year and I'm actually looking forward to it. I think the new guitarist Mario Percudani is a fantastic addition to the band.