SHAKRA - High Noon (2016) Mark Fox returns

AlphaMale

• 2 months later...

Pretty solid disc. I'm digging it a lot.

Yes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Digging up this old post for one reason only...it may have been mentioned before...but...did the guy that did the artwork for this have spare pictures lying around and gave em to the Revolution Saints for Light In The Dark? just noticed the very very similar covers...could be a new thread of album artwork comparisons  :)

REVOLUTIONSAINTS_LITD.jpg.4c012277ee00c713b043b1125cb6285b.jpgSHAKRA_HN.jpg.4ed9a2e9b08fbfcd74b1ccbf2a4122f8.jpg

Edited by lettard
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, lettard said:

Digging up this old post for one reason only...it may have been mentioned before...but...did the guy that did the artwork for this have spare pictures lying around and gave em to the Revolution Saints for Light In The Dark? just noticed the very very similar covers...could be a new thread of album artwork comparisons  :)

REVOLUTIONSAINTS_LITD.jpg.4c012277ee00c713b043b1125cb6285b.jpgSHAKRA_HN.jpg.4ed9a2e9b08fbfcd74b1ccbf2a4122f8.jpg

That is a good observation, quite possible the images were from the same person or collection

1 hour ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Does that owl have a nose ring? I just noticed the glisten effect. 

HaHa!  that might be an even better observation, I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it

6 hours ago, lettard said:

Was definitely mentioned in either of those albums threads. 

1 hour ago, AlphaMale said:

Was the nose ring supposed to be hidden? It's one of the first things I noticed. 

Probably not, but I had lost interest in these guys a few albums back.  So I really hadn't looked at the cover much until the comments today.

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2015 at 7:27 PM, Leykis101 said:

So is like Pete Weidmer dead?? whats there fascination with Fox?? oh not that he's bad, I just havent really enjoyed a full album since Weidmer was the vocalist, sure songs Fox sings on are great, but seems they are here and there, Pete provided something I just got into?? anyways, probably just gonna be just another Shakra disc, I'll buy, listen to, find 1 or 2 songs I like, and shelf, ya know like every Shakra disc since Power Ride!!!

Preach brother. I been saying this all along. Of all the singers they have had, Pete Weidmer was by far the best. He just had a little more polish in his voice of the grumblefest that is Mark Fox. Have the time, I can't understand what the fuck Fox is singing. The first 3 Shakra's are still the best because of the singer. Mark Fox isn't bad and he sounds similar in delivery, but he sings like he's got a mouth full of marbles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1