destine - new album

Glen

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously, the album is excellent. 10 perfectly crafted pop/rock songs.

Thank God they made their crowdfunding target and got to release this album.

Yeah, I'm really digging it too. No fillers here. My favourite song on the album at the moment would have to be the stupidly catchy 'Down and out,' which appears to be an official single (so surprise):

It's a little cracker with the only downside being it's slighty stingy 34:48 playing time. I know it's all about the quality of the songs over all and this has them in spades, but I would have liked maybe a couple more.

Yeah, 12 songs would have been great. Same with the new Hit The Lights album - both very quick albums. I like stuff that's nice and quick and to the point, but in these cases a few more songs would definitely have been appreciated.

Perhaps if more people had contributed to the crowdfunding campaign they would have had more cash to record extra songs.

Just saying......

Just be grateful there is an album to listen to.

looks like the physical copy is quite steep at 15 eur and could hike to 20 eur or more with shipping price,

i'll wait for the japanese copy, maybe price is the same but with bonus tracks

got samples yesterday, and first spin impression, the new album is slightly weaker than 'Illuminate' but not sure how it compares to the debut, haven't heard it yet, and I find it's more 'pop/punk' than the prior album which is more 'melodic rock', what do you think ?

Not entirely sure if there will be a Jap version...this was crowdfunded?

Yeah prob leans slightly that way..although punk is harsh...more pop/rock id say.

Both great albums....debut is rockier if you pick that up. Also excellent. 3 very consistent albums

I'd tip my hat to 'Illuminate' as their best album too, but there is definitely not a weak link in this discography... except their debut EP, which I only heard for the first time the other day... it is horrible.

• 3 months later...

Just when I made the decision to grab their latest (because it landed above the 80% mark)... :(

"IN THE END
There is no easy way to say this but we are calling it quits: after our 3 upcoming goodbye shows next autumn, Destine will stop making music and playing shows. This was a mutual decision that we took between the five of us, and we look forward to doing new things, while forever keeping these memories in our hearts.
Since 2006 we put our hearts and souls in this thing, working hard everyday to achieve our dreams. Slowly we saw it grow, and definitely made some dreams come true along the way. Some highlights: recording our first two albums in Florida, two full European tours, Lowlands, Pinkpop, an almost completely sold out 16-show headline tour, touring China, Hong Kong, Japan and Indonesia, radio hits 'Stars' and 'Stay', releasing our documentary 'Footprints' and sharing the stage with bands like Paramore, Green Day, All Time Low, Fall Out Boy, Sum 41, Jimmy Eat World, Mayday Parade and New Found Glory. But we also cherish memories of crappy tours, the long drives, people we had to miss, school/education that we had to sacrifice: it all felt worthwile as long as we were in this thing together. Then in 2013 we felt we needed a break for a while, to get our minds on something else and find some new inspiration. After the 2-year break that we took, crowdfunding, writing, recording and releasing our 3rd album has been extremely exciting and we're really proud that we created a third album that we ourselves love equally as much as our first two albums. We feel that this is the right moment to end our story.
When we look back on everything that we got to do in the last 9 years, all we can say is it fills us with complete gratitude. When it comes to creating music, the tours, recording sessions, making new friends, travelling to new places and the friendship: it's even more than we could ever hope for, and it's been a trip that we're gonna take with us for the rest of our lives.
We want to thank everybody that has supported us, believed in us, and partied with us through the years, you know who you are. We really really hope to see you all at one of our 3 final shows, when we are going to celebrate all the good times we had. Thank you!
Love,
Destine

Yeah, let's be honest. You'd have to be a complete dunce to not have seen this coming from a mile away. Shame, as they are a really great band, but it seems an inevitable fate for every single truly excellent modern rock band. :(

And kourosofsteel3, it's been on my mind all year and I have to ask because you're confusing the shit out of me. You spent 3 years on this forum exclusively posting about obscure black/doom/death... whatever kind of unknown metal bands, and now this year all I've seen in posts about relevant both old and new melodic rock bands and now even a modern pop rock band?? Don't get me wrong, love the change mate, but what the hell happened? Are you the same poster, or is someone new using your sign-in?? It's very confusing... ;)

• My Little Pony

And kourosofsteel3, it's been on my mind all year and I have to ask because you're confusing the shit out of me. You spent 3 years on this forum exclusively posting about obscure black/doom/death... whatever kind of unknown metal bands, and now this year all I've seen in posts about relevant both old and new melodic rock bands and now even a modern pop rock band?? Don't get me wrong, love the change mate, but what the hell happened? Are you the same poster, or is someone new using your sign-in?? It's very confusing... ;)

Right?! Holy shit, I've been wondering the exact thing.