Harem Scarem - Thirteen

Stefan

From melodicrock.com:

Harem Scarem are Launching their new album 'Thirteen' on Pledge Music!
Canadian melodic rock legends Harem Scarem have launched their new album "Thirteen" on Pledge Music, with a campaign cleverly called "Thirteen Weeks to Thirteen"!
"This is our 13th studio album and our first in 6 years, and we're really excited to share the experience with our fans. Over the next 13 weeks, we're going to bring you inside our recording process, rewarding 'Pledgers' with weekly video updates, special sneak peeks, behind the scenes footage and Q&A sessions where we answer your questions about the album.
The campaign has launched now! Check out the limited edition packages like guitar lessons from Pete, a private listening party for 20 fans at Vespa Studios, and even the custom guitar that Pete used on the album!
So why are we doing this? Well, basically we were out on tour last year and we ran into and reconnected with all of our fans and were actually very pleasantly surprised about the level of interest in the band. It’s been 6 years since our last studio album and we’re feeling rejuvenate and couldn’t be more excited about the new tunes!
We’re about to start recording now and we’re going to bring you inside and show you how we do it.
To get started, week #2 is going to be a question-and-answer with us. So leave your questions in the comments section and will be a recording
video answers to the ones we pick and we’ll see you next week!
Head over to www.pledgemusic.com/HaremScarem and watch our video, check out the packages, and be a part of the making of Thirteen!
Thanks for all the support!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• My Little Pony

yeah that's fast but I guess I'll wait for the complete product and hit the Jap version

If it's released independently, don't expect any import versions.

They will sign a separate deal for Japan. It will release there as well.

That's for sure. As far as I know, HS is bigger in Japan than US and Canada

What 80's / early 90's Hard Rock band Isn't bigger in Japan than over here?! lol

• My Little Pony

That's for sure. As far as I know, HS is bigger in Japan than US and Canada

What 80's / early 90's Hard Rock band Isn't bigger in Japan than over here?! lol

Right?!

As much as I adore the first two Harem Scarem albums & am pleased the band's met their pledge target, I haven't felt keen on joining in with any of the offers.

To be honest, I am not so sure the upcoming album will be anything exciting, there'll no doubt be a few good songs, maybe even an absolute gem or two.

But that's been the formula Harem Scarem has utilized the past few albums. I'll no doubt end up getting the Japanese pressing.

• My Little Pony

Yep. They are releasing through a label in Asia, which will have a bonus track, They are also releasing through Frontiers for the European release. No word of a bonus track on that. But, to all Pledgers, we will be getting exclusive tracks, as well. Key word: tracks.

• My Little Pony

Artwork for 'Thirteen':

Byb3oaYCEAAtS9z.jpg

Cool!!

I think it's kinda lame, but the boys seem to love it. All that matters is the tunes on the disc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Man... that fucking slays!!! Love it to death!!!

:headbanger:

Someone on the FaceTubes said they didn't care for the first two tracks, but liked the other two. After listening to them, I thought, "Is he outta his damn mind?! This sounds like a mix of Mood Swings and Voice of Reason." And I'm loving it.

Someone on the FaceTubes said they didn't care for the first two tracks, but liked the other two. After listening to them, I thought, "Is he outta his damn mind?! This sounds like a mix of Mood Swings and Voice of Reason." And I'm loving it.

Exactly! Has that classic vibe down pat. Those harmonies.... those guitars.... them addictive backing vocals..... I can't fucking wait for this!!

This is going to be THE disc of 2014.

• My Little Pony

Exactly! Has that classic vibe down pat. Those harmonies.... those guitars.... them addictive backing vocals..... I can't fucking wait for this!!

I think you may be right. The only thing contending with Age Sten Nilsen's Ammunition.

I think you may be right. The only thing contending with Age Sten Nilsen's Ammunition.

I'd put Crazy Lixx up there also.