Harem Scarem - Thirteen

Stefan

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I would. But yeah, chances are basically 0.

And out of curiosity, I'd be interested if you played Vega and HS back to back. If you identify Vega as poor production, I'd be interested to see what you think when you play it before or after HS. I know the drums and vocals sound 100% better on Vega, at least... :)

If everyone likes it so much I have the 2CD Japanese version with bonus track I will sell you ;)

I'll bite. How much? :D

Seriously though, I wouldn't mind picking it up. I only have the promo digital audio from Frontiers, and I'm curious as to how the fidelity actually stacks up comparisonwise.

I paid $36 + shipping for it but I'd sell it for $24 + shipping if interested. I think it sounds just fine but I have nothing to compare it to. I am usually very picky with production but I hear no issues with it at all. At least on the Japan issue which is a SHMCD.

• My Little Pony

Oh and the bonus live cd is almost all Mood Swing tracks I believe.

It should be. It was recorded during their Mood Swings II Tour.

• My Little Pony

You clearly didn't read his other thread. He's going all digital - just buying, ripping, then re-selling. So he isn't actually getting rid of it.

Yes, what he said :) I will always buy, support the artist but then sell it off. Newer stuff I generally sell $8-$12 cheaper than the purchase price so someone will get a deal. I am doing high quality scans of everything, including the obi's. Also ripping at 320...my car stereo plays off a hard drive usb so it works for me and still sounds perfect :)

• My Little Pony

That is actually illegal, but hey ho ;-)

Maybe in the UK, but copyright laws are not the same in every country. For example, in Canada it is perfectly legal to download media, but it is illegal to upload it. So, we only target the people illegally distributing music and video and other media on the line.

That is actually illegal, but hey ho ;-)

Maybe in the UK, but copyright laws are not the same in every country. For example, in Canada it is perfectly legal to download media, but it is illegal to upload it. So, we only target the people illegally distributing music and video and other media on the line.

I be surprised if it was legal to sell the cd but keep the mp3s in the states, as u say its illegal in the UK.

• My Little Pony

That is really illegal??? Holy shit. This world, hey...

Right?

"Uh, I purchased the disc, I should have the right to sell it. And I acquired these files legally from said disc; why should I delete them after?"

Right?"Uh, I purchased the disc, I should have the right to sell it. And I acquired these files legally from said disc; why should I delete them after?"

Well you no longer own the original recording.

Back on topic, lovin HS. God these guys know how to write a hook.

Right?"Uh, I purchased the disc, I should have the right to sell it. And I acquired these files legally from said disc; why should I delete them after?"

They do know how to write a hook. And the most foolish thing to do would be to judge Harem Scarem's brilliance on the albums carrying that band name alone. This week sent me on a full HS kick, and when you include the 2 Hess discs ('Living In Yesterday,' for all intent and purposes, is a complete HS album), the two Fiore discs ('Today Till Tomorrow' is lethally good) and Dr Rock & The Wild Bunch's 'Stark Raving Mad,' all of which are basically Harem Scarem albums, it truly is an amazing discography.

Brilliant, brilliant band. On a side note, what on earth ever happened to Jon Fiore after those 2 discs in 1998? Horrible singer, but given a golden ticket with Hess & Lesperance on board.

They do know how to write a hook. And the most foolish thing to do would be to judge Harem Scarem's brilliance on the albums carrying that band name alone. This week sent me on a full HS kick, and when you include the 2 Hess discs ('Living In Yesterday,' for all intent and purposes, is a complete HS album), the two Fiore discs ('Today Till Tomorrow' is lethally good) and Dr Rock & The Wild Bunch's 'Stark Raving Mad,' all of which are basically Harem Scarem albums, it truly is an amazing discography.

Brilliant, brilliant band. On a side note, what on earth ever happened to Jon Fiore after those 2 discs in 1998? Horrible singer, but given a golden ticket with Hess & Lesperance on board.

Backed.

I'd also add Lesperance's Down In It album which is excellent.

& of course First Signal.....a massive fav of mine and my fav album in its year of release.

Backed.

& of course First Signal.....a massive fav of mine and my fav album in its year of release.

As much as I do love HS(and I do), my favorite Harry Hess in full is First Signal. I know he did not write any of if, but I love everything about it, his vocals, the guitars, the production and the writing.

Backed.

As much as I do love HS(and I do), my favorite Harry Hess in full is First Signal. I know he did not write any of if, but I love everything about it, his vocals, the guitars, the production and the writing.

It would be up there for me too.

• My Little Pony

Yeah, it's not as simple as that, because you own the disc, and the inserts, and the jewel case, but you don't own the music. Essentially, you only own the vessel that transports the music to you. Same with mp3's. You own the files, but not the music. So, why is it illegal to legally purchase one vessel (CD/Vinyl/Cassette) convert it into a different vessel (mp3/all the other file variants), and then sell the original vessel?

I'm actually gonna ask my friends, again. One is a lawyer - and she studied law in London, so she might actually be familiar with your copyright laws - one other had to learn copyright law as part of his audio recording schooling, and three are in the film industry, so somebody should be able to sort this out.

• My Little Pony

Backed.

It would be up there for me too.

Yep. Amazing album. And I like that it's considered a Canadian band on the main site. ;}

Yeah, I rated the First Signal this week and was surprised by how much I do love it. It's a fantastic disc. I love that and Lesperance's 'Down in it' but didn't include them in my post above because they're associated with Harem Scarem only in personnel rather than style, if you get my meaning. Neither really sound like HS at all, despite being very good. Fiore and Dr Rock sound a lot more like HS than First Signal, lol! :)