Wild Rose - Hit 'N' Run

Stefan

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finished listening to this album, sounds a bit too samey and very similar to the previous two, however it works quite well.

The problem is the drums part sounded hollow and amateur, not sure why they don't improve this part, anyone feels like they been using drum loop or something like that ?

Anyway, most of these songs are enjoyable but getting generic and more generic I guess, found at least 3-4 killers, so probably 75-77% will justify it

Finished listening to this album, sounds a bit too samey and very similar to the previous two, however it works quite well.

The problem is the drums part sounded hollow and amateur, not sure why they don't improve this part, anyone feels like they been using drum loop or something like that ?

Anyway, most of these songs are enjoyable but getting generic and more generic I guess, found at least 3-4 killers, so probably 75-77% will justify it

Yeah mate, agree with a lot of that. I've been an an ambassador for this band as much as I can and have enjoyed all their releases. I like this one too, but totally agree with your comments on piss-weak drums, especially during choruses where higher vocal volumes seem to drain out the drums entirely. The mix is very poor, and these guys need more than ANYTHING to get a decent producer on board.

I'm sure they're a good band, but honestly, it just sounds amateur when you come in with the 4th album still sounding like this. There debut is actually still their finest hour, imo. The other thing I fear most is this happening soon;

"So, Geoff, I like your testicles, but what are your 3 most hated lyrical subject matters?"

"Thanks, man," I say. "Well, my 3 most hated lyrical subjects are:

1. Christian lyrics

2. Inspirational lyrics

3. Wild Rose lyrics"

Seriously, they're on their way to having their own category, because these lyrics are just so terrible, and I'm sure the same phrases appear on each album.

I like these guys and this is a nice disc. But they really need a good producer, and someone else to write the lyrics for the great musical tracks.

always hated their lyrcis..............waaaay too cheesy for me

Cheesy, I can handle. Terribly written, repetitive and completely with a singular subject... I am not so fond of.

Yeah I guess one solution to it all : handle it to Steve Newman !

Sure the production and lyrics will be greatly improved :)

The thing is, I could write better lyrics with my hands tied behind my back. My cat probably could too. I don't need perfection, but at least some kind of imagination and thought put into the lyrics would be nice. As long as they don't use Stan Bush, anyone would do. Maybe try their neighbour or something. Just someone who can write words.

But yeah, a Steve Newman production job would improve these guys tenfold.

• 6 months later...

Why didn't they all just sit on each other's laps? They could have saved on the seats and they'd still be sitting as close to each other as they are in the clip anyway.

It's amazing how good the lyrics sound when you strip it right back. Oh, whoops, sorry. My mistake. They are still awful. ;)

Haha, don't be harsh, guys. I do like these guys. Just wish they got someone else to write their lyrics.