We Are Harlot - Denial

Mr.AOR

• 9 months later...

WE ARE HARLOT ALBUM PRE-ORDER AVAILABLE NOW

The electrifying self-titled debut album from We Are Harlot will hit stores on March 30th! There are a very limited number of albums that have been exclusively signed by the band which are now available for pre-order in the brand new Roadrunner UK webstore.

You can also head to Amazon to pre-order an exclusive CD + patch bundle, alternatively if you want the digital option, you will get an instant download of the brand new single ‘The One’ as well as ‘Dancing On Nails’ and ‘Denial’ when you pre-order on iTunes.

Prett frickin' cool imho...

This off the previous album is tasty too, yesGeoffrey chix. :) And the guitarist isa dinger for sure, man he shreds!

I've seen these guys on the interweb but foolishly not taken notice. Sounds pretty good. I will take some notice. ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If the above contents of this thread has not convinced you to check these guys out, allow these tunes to basically demand you check this one out:

I definitely won't sit here and say this album is perfect, because it's not. I skipped my way through the first two tracks, until 'Someday' absolutely blew me away. And throughout the album I wasn't often convinced by the verses, but holy shit some of the choruses are just immense.

The band these guys actually ended up reminding me off a bit is Haywire, particularly their second album, 'Buzz.' Like Haywire back in 1992, this album is brilliantly produced. In fact, with a production job this good even someone like Tattoed Love Boys could sound good. It is that good. But they also have that similar style where the verses are questionable often, before leading into a gigantic hooky chorus. It's a shame they're not more well rounded, but even as they are, I ended up being very impressed by this album.

The thing I hate most about bands is meek, safe by-the-numbers stuff. Bands just doing shit for the sake of it. These guys are the opposite - they sound full of confidence, are 100% dedicated to their sound and musically, these guys are fantastic. Like Terry says, the guitarist absolutely fucking shreds, but the whole band just sound amazing; and granted, the production helps that. The album just oozes of a band that knows their shit. I'm not sure where this will rank overall this year, but I sure as fuck know that I'll be playing a good handful of songs from this one well into the future.

• 2 months later...

I checked out this album a while back and I found myself rather enjoying it, but I got turned off when the singer started doing that stupid growling/puking vocal style. I'm listening again, though, and I don't hear that style in a lot of places. Maybe I'll listen to the whole album again and see what I think.

I checked out this album a while back and I found myself rather enjoying it, but I got turned off when the singer started doing that stupid growling/puking vocal style. I'm listening again, though, and I don't hear that style in a lot of places. Maybe I'll listen to the whole album again and see what I think.

Yeah mate, barely any - if any - growling on this album at all. In fact, as I understand it, that's the reason he left Asking Alexandria. To get away from the screaming/growling and concentrate more on hard rock.

• 3 years later...
  • My Little Pony

Anybody still listening to this album? I completely missed this, but I'm seeing Shinedown in a few hours and Asking Alexandria are opening. Doing a little research brought me here, and it looks like I have some catching up to do. 

On 10/17/2019 at 11:19 AM, KarpetRydOFunk said:

Anybody still listening to this album? I completely missed this, but I'm seeing Shinedown in a few hours and Asking Alexandria are opening. Doing a little research brought me here, and it looks like I have some catching up to do. 

Great album. Asking Alexandria are cool too. Always offer up something good. Personally, I think you could go home after Asking Alexandria's set.

Seriously. ;)

• My Little Pony
7 hours ago, Geoff said:

Personally, I think you could go home after Asking Alexandria's set.

Seriously. ;)

You're not wrong. Asking Alexandria were good, and Papa Roach brought some good energy, but I don't give a shit about their music. But after them, Shinedown felt so anticlimactic. Plus the dude's voice wasn't quite there. It was the end of their tour, so perhaps his voice was just tired, but when he's the star of the band--the guitarist isn't phenomenal, the drummer doesn't do anything I can't do, and the backing vocals were lacking--it's real disappointing when he's not hitting the notes. 

17 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

You're not wrong. Asking Alexandria were good, and Papa Roach brought some good energy, but I don't give a shit about their music. But after them, Shinedown felt so anticlimactic. Plus the dude's voice wasn't quite there. It was the end of their tour, so perhaps his voice was just tired, but when he's the star of the band--the guitarist isn't phenomenal, the drummer doesn't do anything I can't do, and the backing vocals were lacking--it's real disappointing when he's not hitting the notes. 

And you forgot to mention that all their songs are shit. 

• My Little Pony
5 hours ago, Geoff said:

And you forgot to mention that all their songs are shit. 

I thought you were a fan of The Sound of Madness and Amaryllis albums? Who am I thinking of?

19 hours ago, KarpetRydOFunk said:

I thought you were a fan of The Sound of Madness and Amaryllis albums? Who am I thinking of?

Yeah, 'Sound of madness' is pretty decent. Not sure about 'Amaryllis' though. I don't think I thought too much of that. I forget. Overall, though, pretty poor discography.