Babylon A.D. - Lost Sessions/Fresno CA 93 EP

Stefan

998571_10151995144734544_1602552101_n.jp

The new EP 'Lost Sessions/Fresno CA 93' out April 1st.

Members:

Derek Davis - vocals

Ron Freschi - guitar

Danny De La Rosa - guitar

Jamey Pacheco - drums

Robb Reid - bass

PER4882.jpg

Tracklist:

Love Blind

While America Sleeps

Love Is A Mystery

Bang Go The Bells

Sweet. Always dug this band.

$10.99 is normal price for an ep I guess. I'm not sweating it.

+ $4.00 shipping. I'm not paying $15 (or $13 on Amazon) for 3 original songs and a redo of a perfectly good song but that's just me. :)

• 11 months later...

So who got this, and how are the 3 songs? Sound quality and song quality too.

I was listening to their discography the other day and, starting with 'In the beginning...' there is a very big question that needs to be asked. What on earth happened to John Mathews? He was the original guitarist with the band, and was there through all their formative years, and was a major part in the band getting signed. For it was John Mathews' and Derek Davis' songs that got them their deal. And quiet honestly, with good production, I think 'In the beginning...' would be my favourite Babylon AD album.

The thing that amazed me, was that Mathews was with the band right up until 1988, when they'd been signed. So they got signed, obviously based on those songs that he co-wrote. YET, when their debut was released in 1989, there is not a single song with a John Mathews co-write on that entire CD. Which means, the entire debut is made up of brand new songs, and NONE of the songs that got them their record deal. What on earth is up with that? Does that kind of stuff even happen?

And by god that guy was handsome too. He would have been raking in the ladies too had he stuck with it. Why did he quit? Do you read between the lines and assume that Jack Ponti was brought into the picture and all of a sudden John Mathews' (better) songs were no longer being used, so he called it quits? And why did he never do anything else, musically? Did he?

And Jack Ponti... is it just me, or is just the worst thing that could happen to an otherwise good band? Thankfully, Babylon AD were able to fend him off due to the quality of Derek Davis as a songwriter / lyricist. But also listening to Baton Rouge in the same week, by god did he butcher 'Lights out in the playground.' I don't like him as a producer, or a song writer.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. One last thing I have to say is 'American Blitzkreig;' I actually believe the production on that album is a hell of a lot worse than the actual songs. Some are absolutely awful, but I think that with a decent production job some of the songs might actually be okay.

So who got this, and how are the 3 songs? Sound quality and song quality too.

I was listening to their discography the other day and, starting with 'In the beginning...' there is a very big question that needs to be asked. What on earth happened to John Mathews? He was the original guitarist with the band, and was there through all their formative years, and was a major part in the band getting signed. For it was John Mathews' and Derek Davis' songs that got them their deal. And quiet honestly, with good production, I think 'In the beginning...' would be my favourite Babylon AD album.

The thing that amazed me, was that Mathews was with the band right up until 1988, when they'd been signed. So they got signed, obviously based on those songs that he co-wrote. YET, when their debut was released in 1989, there is not a single song with a John Mathews co-write on that entire CD. Which means, the entire debut is made up of brand new songs, and NONE of the songs that got them their record deal. What on earth is up with that? Does that kind of stuff even happen?

And by god that guy was handsome too. He would have been raking in the ladies too had he stuck with it. Why did he quit? Do you read between the lines and assume that Jack Ponti was brought into the picture and all of a sudden John Mathews' (better) songs were no longer being used, so he called it quits? And why did he never do anything else, musically? Did he?

And Jack Ponti... is it just me, or is just the worst thing that could happen to an otherwise good band? Thankfully, Babylon AD were able to fend him off due to the quality of Derek Davis as a songwriter / lyricist. But also listening to Baton Rouge in the same week, by god did he butcher 'Lights out in the playground.' I don't like him as a producer, or a song writer.

Anyway, I'm rambling now. One last thing I have to say is 'American Blitzkreig;' I actually believe the production on that album is a hell of a lot worse than the actual songs. Some are absolutely awful, but I think that with a decent production job some of the songs might actually be okay.

Check your PMs mate! The songs are definitely from the "good" Babylon A.D. days. Doesn't sound like "American Blitzkrieg" thank goodness. But I do warn you, they are only demos, quality wise.