Tesla new single "Taste My Pain"

AlphaMale

• My Little Pony

Hmm... :unsure:

Yup. My thoughts exactly. :lol:

I don't dislike it; don't get me wrong. But it's not exactly getting me stiff either. Not like that new Reckless Love.

Not bad but not for Tesla. They can do MUCH better.

Agreed. This seams way too modern sounding for my tastes. I know bands nowadays from the 80's tend to try to stay relevant with today's crowd by modernizing their sound. Tesla seemed to get closer to the old Tesla sound which each recent disc... until this song. I'm a tad disappointed.

I don't dislike the song but I don't really love it either.

Tesla is one of the few bands from the eighties that has updated their sound but kept heir roots. This one is no different, sounds like an extension of Forevermore which kicked ass.

I actually like the updated sound. I just think they can do better than this.

Heavy, modern, and sure kicks some asses. I kinda dig it, but agree that they could do much better.

If I have to rate it, probably deserve around 7.25 for now with a potential to reach 7.75 later

I like it and will be buying the release for sure......I know I'm in the minority on this but I prefer their later music to the older stuff....while I liked their music, it wasn't until "Into The Now" that they really got my attention...

I can't say I rate any of their releases above any other. They are one of the few bands that you just can't pick one best cd. They are all so good and one of my top ten favorite bands. I have listed to this clip several times and it's a big time grower. I love the attitude and everything Jeff Keith stands for.

Guest luke.sg

It is just... too contemporary for me. But I like to think that they are teaching all these recent bands how to make a good song regarding what people want to listen to nowadays.

Its just not that great a song, modern style or not. Must admit I am not a mad Tesla fan, but I do own pretty much every studio album bar maybe the last one or two, but this is just not that good a song.

Maybe it will grow on me, but I doubt it. At the moment its certainly not going to make me rush out and buy the albums I am missing when there are so many other great albums I need to get.

I like it and will be buying the release for sure......I know I'm in the minority on this but I prefer their later music to the older stuff....while I liked their music, it wasn't until "Into The Now" that they really got my attention...

I can't say I rate any of their releases above any other. They are one of the few bands that you just can't pick one best cd. They are all so good and one of my top ten favorite bands. I have listed to this clip several times and it's a big time grower. I love the attitude and everything Jeff Keith stands for.

My ranking would be:

1. Psychotic Supper

2. Mechanical Resonance

3. The Great Radio Controversy

4. Bust A Nut

5. Forevermore

6. Into The Now

• My Little Pony

My ranking would be:

1. Psychotic Supper

2. Mechanical Resonance

4. Bust A Nut

5. Forevermore

6. Into The Now

Wow. Forevermore over Into the Now? Forevermore would be last in my list. I like the album, but just don't love it.

My ranking would be:

1. Psychotic Supper

2. Mechanical Resonance

4. Bust A Nut

5. Forevermore

6. Into The Now

Wow. Forevermore over Into the Now? Forevermore would be last in my list. I like the album, but just don't love it.

5 and 6 are interchangeable

• My Little Pony

My ranking would be:

1. Psychotic Supper

2. Mechanical Resonance

4. Bust A Nut

5. Forevermore

6. Into The Now

5 and 6 are interchangeable

Fair enough. Not for me, though. The songwriting on Into the Now is simply too good. It's one of my favourites.

Okay, I will TRY & rank their cd's but this will be a bitch.

1. The Great Radio Controversy

2. Bust A Nut

3. Mechanical Resonance

4. Psychotic Supper

5. Into the Now

6. Forevermore

It's still almost laughable looking at this list & seeing Forevermore at the bottom. Songs like "Fallin' Apart", "Breakin' Free", "All of Me", "Private Ledbetter", the list goes on. I didn't take that cd out of my player for 8 straight months. That should tell you how truly great the other cd's are. Bust a Nut could be #1 for me on a different day as well. The first 3 albums I have listed have ZERO filler. Supper would be ranked higher but the album had a couple of lame songs towards the end. The 2 newer albums only had a couple songs with filler. All in all, this band can do no wrong in my eyes. Great as well but not listed are the Reel to Real albums.

Reel To Real ain't bad, I dig some of the 70s stuffs there. To rank their original studio albums, I'll put Mechanical Resonance at the very top, love every minute of it. Runner up should be The Great Radio Controversy and followed by Psychotic Supper.

Bust A Nut next, then I think Forever More is somehow slightly better than Into The Now, but very close that two.