BRIGHTON ROCK - Creatures Of The Night

zacharyamelie

New Brighton Rock song...not terrible, but why release a ballad of a KISS track that wasn't a ballad in the first place? They should have at least rocked it up like the original.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNdNQXA33qw

Interesting. I'm a huge KISS fan and I like Brighton Rock, but this one is a little odd.

"a little odd" is a good way to put it.

and I agree with zm too, bands need help on the first song they choose to toss out there....rock it up on the first couple to get us cranked, then let us find the ballads and the plodding along songs ourselves when we buy the CD.

I do like the guitar work on the solo here though. Kind thought I was in Cancun Mexico at the end of it.

Had no idea they were even back together. The video is pretty crappy as well. The minute you have a singer sing without a mic, you end up with all those cliched hand movements. Very few singers get away with it.

• My Little Pony

Interesting. I'm a huge KISS fan and I like Brighton Rock, but this one is a little odd.

"a little odd" is a good way to put it.

and I agree with zm too, bands need help on the first song they choose to toss out there....rock it up on the first couple to get us cranked, then let us find the ballads and the plodding along songs ourselves when we buy the CD.

I do like the guitar work on the solo here though. Kind thought I was in Cancun Mexico at the end of it.

This appears to have been done for a KISS tribute album (like they need one) so it's not like it's the first single on an upcoming release.

Had no idea they were even back together. The video is pretty crappy as well. The minute you have a singer sing without a mic, you end up with all those cliched hand movements. Very few singers get away with it.

Yeah, the video's shit. Most of the band doesn't know how to act around the camera. The drummer is looking way too passionate on the djembe. But the guy on keys is amazing! I never knew people still rocked hair like that! That was inspiring.

All criticism aside, I actually enjoyed the cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Terrible video, but nice enough tune. I had no idea they were back together either. I actually really like these guys, all three discs. Would really love to hear a new CD.