Covered Call - Impact

Stefan

485144_4284762685744_133788338_n.jpg

Covered Call releases their new work 'Impact' on March 28th through AOR Heaven. Göran Edman handles the vocals.

coveredcall-cover-web.jpg

Tracks:

1. Lorraine

2. When the lights are out

3. Think about all times

4. Look into your mind

5. Hold on

6. Make a wish

7. Nothing lasts forever

8. Wake up

9. When I´m gone

10. Live it up

11. Last goodbye

Sounds very good - much better than the strong but room-to-excel debut. Looking forward to this plenty. I like Gorman fronting a good melodic rock project.

• 2 months later...

Well this comment is based solely on a single spin but I like what I heard so far. As I expected, 'Lorraine' and 'Hold On' are awesome tracks and both probably are the best songs here. The second track, 'When The Lights Are Out', is a bit patchy and I gave a 7.5 for that, I guess it's quite on par with 'Nothing Lasts Forever', and 'Make A Wish' is the worst track here, the rest are quite fine, bouncing between 8 - 8.5. 'Look Into Your Mind' and 'When I'm Gone' are among the gems between those 8/10 tracks.

The very nice production is another plus point, musicianship is around 8/10, but replay value probably around 7/10, yeah some are pretty safe passage and probably nothing's really new on the composition. I guess it shared the same strength with the debut, still not sure which one is better coz I need to give this one another spin, but I think it's a good buy.

80%

I'll take a good listen on Spotify before I part with any cash.

Sounded like run of the mill scandi aor to me, from the samples.

The debut was pretty fresh sounding mhr to me so quite a difference between the 2.

Pretty awesome album this one is, Lorraine I believe is by far the best song on it, but thats only after one spin, it definitely is the catchy one of the bunch, I will get back after a few more spins.

The debut was pretty fresh sounding mhr to me so quite a difference between the 2.

Opposite for me! I liked the first one, but the new one has catchier tunes IMO...

Opposite for me! I liked the first one, but the new one has catchier tunes IMO...

ive yet to listen to it - only got my laptop back today.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...