Big Time - forthcoming EP

Stefan

Yeah, it needs a bit of work just to get it to all flow a bit better, but the elements are certainly all there. Big production, refined song writing and they'd be onto something. They certainly look the part.

• 4 weeks later...
  • My Little Pony

Public Personality and Big Time are definitely the best of the lot, but I shall be watching these guys with great anticipation, altogether.

• 6 months later...

It's not exactly my sort of thing; I find the vocals pretty dull and the songs are okay, but the guitar solos are jaw-droppingly good! Especially the first one - that is feckin' awesome!

:guitar:

• 3 months later...

Oh man... are these guys the next big thing from Sweden or what!

The song "Julia" (featured on the compilation CD from the recent "Classic Rock AOR Magazine" edition) totally knocked me out when I first heard it. On par with anything produced by H.E.A.T., and believe me I don't say that lightly.
I understand that they turned down Frontiers, because these guys are too good for that label.
Great accent-free vocals, fantastic production and guitars and just the right amount of keys.

Forget Diamond Yawn, Wigelius and the rest of them (not that they are bad bands) but compared to this track these bands sound like 2nd rate bar bands. And as noted above, they look the part too.

Check it out below. (I Don't know how to post these embedded YouTube clips)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuV_rHr9iBs

• 1 month later...

From BANNEDWEBSITE.COM:

BIG TIME is a new group from Sweden ready to impact into the Melodic Hard Rock community.
This four-piece is the latest and more promising band to emerge from the Swedish scene... this week? - well, more like this afternoon at the rate they're emerging...

With a passion for the genre and sonically inspired by the late '80s, singer Michael Palace, drummer Adrian Qvarfordt, bass player Marc Blomberg and aspiring guitar hero Rick Digorio already have gained reputation as a scorching hot live act which got the attention from the likes of Bobby Kimball (ex- Toto), Steve Augeri (ex- Journey) and Classic Rock AOR magazine.
Yes, Big Time was recently chosen as opening act for the 'Legends Of Rock' central Europe tour, the all-star combo featuring Kimball and Augeri, but also Robin Beck, Joe Lynn Turner, Bruce Kulick and more.

This 3-track pre-production demo is an advance from the debut album in the making, songs showcasing Big Time's love for '80s melodic hard rock via strong and wide lead vocals / choruses, sharp guitar work and keyboard swirls.
First track "Julia" is a highly melodic rock gem with a smoking guitar solo, "Public Personality" goes harder and groovy made for the arenas, while title track "Big Time" fuses melody with a hard rock attack with a solid foundation.

The chops, the hooks, the looks... Big Time has it all to make it big.
With the kind of music we all love delivered by highly proficient musicians, a passion for what they do and a hunger to reach out, this brand new act has a sparkling bright future ahead.
If you like '80s classic melodic hard rock, you should take a listen to Big Time now, perhaps the next big thing from Sweden this year.

1 - Julia
2 - Public Personality
3 - Big Time

Mike Palace: Lead Vocals
Rick Digorio: Guitar
Marc Blomberg: Bass, Vocals
Adrian Qvarfordt: Drums, Vocals

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I have this band on my radar with a couple other ones that I check every couple months or so to see what they're up to. Looks like these guys are no more, their guitarist is playing in a different band called midway now which sucks cause I think big time really had potential I mean just listen to public personality you'll see what I mean. Well I guess it's time to look for the new next big thing now

• 1 year later...

I have this band on my radar with a couple other ones that I check every couple months or so to see what they're up to. Looks like these guys are no more, their guitarist is playing in a different band called midway now which sucks cause I think big time really had potential I mean just listen to public personality you'll see what I mean. Well I guess it's time to look for the new next big thing now

Yep. They are no more. Mike Palace and Rick Digorio went on to form the group Palace and released their debut on Frontiers, 'Master of the Universe'.

From FB back in December of 2015:

It is time for all to know that Big Time does not exist anymore.

All people reach certain choices in their lives where they have to choose what feels right for them.

The members of Big Time experienced a lot over the years.

We had the time of our lives, and we were young dreamers.

You will see us in the future constellations, as individuals, not as Big Time .

Our vision was to be the biggest, best, most beautiful, hottest and most musically skilled band from Sweden, and we know the fact that we were during our active years .

Never give up.

We almost made it Big Time.