owe her an apology?

66 mustang

man people just kill me. talk about a bunch of thin skinned people in the world. To her credit she says NO, what woman wouldn't want to be called beautiful and georgious........ people wanting to blow nothing up into something

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPdjX4Kya7o&feature=player_embedded

Webb, when discussing her reaction to Musburger's comments about her as well as AJ McCarron's mother, told Lauer: “I think the media has been real unfair to him. I think that if he would have said something along the lines of we were hot or sexy or made any derogatory statements like that, I think that would have been a little bit different. But the fact that he said we were both beautiful and gorgeous, I don’t see why any woman wouldn’t be flattered by that. So, I think that they’ve been a little bit unfair to him.”

Lauer followed up, asking Webb, “So no reason for ESPN to apologize in your opinion?” Webb doesn't believe so, saying, "You know I don’t think it was needed, honestly. I mean, of course I appreciate it but at the same I don’t think that I needed an apology.”

I was watching the game when Musberger made his comments, and there was NOTHING wrong with what he said. ESPN is a pussy-whipped politically correct bunch of idiots. They probably got a single outraged letter from some lesbo feminazi group that hates all attractive women on principle, and caved to it.

Douchebags.

I guarantee if it had been a black sports announcer who made the comment it would've been a non-issue. Funny how anyone can do or say anything in this country and get away with it as long as they aren't a white straight male.

Part of it is a lot of people have nothing better to do but bitch and complain, try to live off everyone else for little or nothing and try to drum up attention for themselves for something that has nothing to do with them.

Part of it is a lot of people have nothing better to do but bitch and complain, try to live off everyone else for little or nothing and try to drum up attention for themselves for something that has nothing to do with them.

Spot on. These days, there are so many people out there looking to be offended. They want to find things to complain about, which is pathetic.

If you were to tell a joke about black people that is genuinely funny rather than abusive, it would often be a white person that is 'offended'. (I've seen it on training courses - someone makes a comment that, to try to come up with a vague example, maybe alludes to the fact that it might be easier for a black person to hide in the dark, or something stupid like that; possibly funny in context and not said with any malice. The black person/people seemed fine with it, but one or two of the prim-and-proper white folks looked mortally offended.) However, it's okay for a black person to make a joke about black people, or indeed a black person to make a joke about white people. Admittedly, back in the 80s there was a lot of racism about and those jokes probably would have been abusive and cruel. But differences between people can be funny ... we're all the same species, but look completely different from each other - lighten up, people!