Million Dollar Reload - A Sinner's Saint

AlphaMale

millionr-asinns-cover-upd1.jpg?w=384&h=382

http://www.metal-temple.com/site/catalogues/entry/reviews/cd_3/m_2/million-dollar-reload.htm

Million Dollar Reload - "A Sinner's Saint"

reviewed by Lior "Steinmetal" Stein at 05 July 2012, 1:43 PM

Mllion Dollar ReloadA Sinner's Saintby Lior "Steinmetal" Stein at 05 July 2012, 1:4

Good, straightforward with no place for bullshit, Rock N’ Roll bombardment. All you need is four, in this case five, rebellious dudes with an aim to be semi-anarchists and semi-just wishing to have some fun and good time with Guinness in their hands backed up in the a street corner with the red light on. Then you will have a million reasons to knock yourself out. Yeah, that is the hard to crack case of the young Hard Rock MILLION DOLLAR RELOAD band from the greyness of the Northern Ireland lands. The thrilling “A Sinner’s Saint”, via Frontiers Records, hails as album number two for these guys and there seems to be nothing that would stop them from rocking, rolling and tasting the good side of life. How can youth be so addictive? The sweet smell of “I don’t owe shit to no one” sometimes makes me think of “what ifs”. As much as it is fun thinking about it, let me invite you to the band and album’s intestines.

Even though “A Sinner’s Saint” didn’t appear to be different or that special kind of crunchy Hard Rock / Rock N’ Roll produced in modern means just to sound old school, it was able to kick my ass hard enough for me to become a fan of these chumps. Other than the production that is the picture of what is perfect in this world especially if you are a Hard Rock fan no matter if 70s, 80s or 90s, it was demonstrated that these guys have the spunk and guts to make it to the top. Hitting the riffing style of AC/DC, GUNS N’ ROSES, old DEF LEPPARD along with the sweet side of MOTLEY CRUE, “A Sinner’s Saint” is a swimming pool of soaring vocals made in the fires of heaven producing hooking and catchy verses and choruses, crispy rhythm guitar chopping similar to the Aussie’s feel, sturdy and classic oriented lead guitar molestations and traditional but convincing rhythm section played in the highest of classes. I know that some of you might say that I am a little exaggerating about all this because in the end of the day the music features the simplest things in Rock N’ Roll and the ordinary cheap thrills that many bands have been tasting since the end of the 70s, especially the AC of DC. However, MILLION DOLLAR RELOAD, with their respect and traditional playing, performed their written material in a way that their offering was an absolute fun to listen. Sure that a little originality could portrayed its effect, but who knows to what end? Some of the traditional music, if played well of course, should stay just as it was invented.

From the rather brutal “I Am The Rature” through the shady looking, sorry, sounding and highly Bon Scott flavored “Smoke N Mirrors” to the anarchism of “Fight The System” and right under the belly that promised more with “It Ain't Over”, MILLION DOLLAR RELOAD convey their respects for Rock N’ Roll and I am glad to be the one that declare that they are on their way to the top because the time is now.

rating8.png

I totally agree. This is one of the best discs in 2012. Anybody else love these guys?? A totally killer band to keep your eye on!

Surprisingly pleasant album for me. I dropped a little review on it, for interest's sake:

01. Fight the System (3:19) - solid but average rocker - 6.00

02. Bullets in the Sky (4:40) - nice commercial styled rocker - 7.50

03. Blow Me Away (3:53) - another good hard rocker with a cool chorus hook - 7.50

04. Can’t Tie Me Down (3:39) - okay rocker - 6.25

05. Broken (5:55) - pretty nice ballad - 7.25

06. I Am the Rapture (4:52) - solid hard rocker - 7.00

07. Wicked (4:12) - another cool, pretty catchy hard rocker - 7.50

08. Smoke ‘N Mirrors (4:27) - cool commercial, almost melodic rocker - 7.75

09. Headrush (3:28) - solid hard rocker - 7.00

10. Pretty People (4:45) - average rocker - 6.00

11. It Ain’t Over (3:49) - another very average rocker - 6.25

12. Protest (Bonus Track) (3:06) - bad end to the disc… another weak track - 6.00

- TOTAL SCORE - 68%

I can't remember if I heard the previous disc, but I think I did and disliked it and did not expect much from this, but it was not bad at all. A few fillers, but some good songs.

Surprisingly pleasant album for me. I dropped a little review on it, for interest's sake:

03. Blow Me Away (3:53) - another good hard rocker with a cool chorus hook - 7.50

04. Can’t Tie Me Down (3:39) - okay rocker - 6.25

08. Smoke ‘N Mirrors (4:27) - cool commercial, almost melodic rocker - 7.75

11. It Ain’t Over (3:49) - another very average rocker - 6.25

12. Protest (Bonus Track) (3:06) - bad end to the disc… another weak track - 6.00

- TOTAL SCORE - 68%

I can't remember if I heard the previous disc, but I think I did and disliked it and did not expect much from this, but it was not bad at all. A few fillers, but some good songs.

The words solid and average appear way too often for my liking....but I will check it out

04. Can't Tie Me Down (3:39) - okay rocker - 6.25

08. Smoke 'N Mirrors (4:27) - cool commercial, almost melodic rocker - 7.75

11. It Ain't Over (3:49) - another very average rocker - 6.25

- TOTAL SCORE - 68%

The words solid and average appear way too often for my liking....but I will check it out

Honestly mate, it won't blow your mind, but if you want good no-frills hard rock it is a good disc with a handful of tunes, at least, worth checking out. I can see you digging at least a few on this one.

04. Can't Tie Me Down (3:39) - okay rocker - 6.25

08. Smoke 'N Mirrors (4:27) - cool commercial, almost melodic rocker - 7.75

11. It Ain't Over (3:49) - another very average rocker - 6.25

- TOTAL SCORE - 68%

Honestly mate, it won't blow your mind, but if you want good no-frills hard rock it is a good disc with a handful of tunes, at least, worth checking out. I can see you digging at least a few on this one.

Well that depends on your tastes. If you love balls out rock similar to Buckcherry and AC/DC then this band is awesome but if you like more melodic and less dirty rough sounding rock then you probably won't like it.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...