I fucking hate the Jazz

Leykis101

and if anybody watched them blow a 19 pt lead against the clippers tonight, then get absolutely fucked by the refs in the 4th Qrt, you'd understand why, I mean these calls the refs were making were so overly absurd, I do not know how David Sperm couldnt look into it, I mean Chris Paul simply ran past Jazz players and they would call a foul, they were replaying it on tv over and over, there was one play al jefferson didnt even touch chris paul, and was called for a foul, and the jazz were down by 2pts, with 3 seconds, and randy foye kicked up to shoot the 3 and matt barnes tomahawked him clear as day, and the refs called nothing, this has become all to common in the nba, I watched the refs hose Pacers a couple weeks ago, and that made me mad, this was so fucking infuriating, I punched a hole in my wall, now my knuckles are swollen, fuck

I fucking hate Jazz too. Boring, self indulgent, pretentious stuff.

Oh, wait, you're talking about the basketball team... nevermind.

• My Little Pony

I thought he was talking about music, too, but it's just basketball. I love Jazz! Exciting, creative, unpredictable stuff.

I thought he was talking about music, too, but it's just basketball. I love Jazz! Exciting, creative, unpredictable stuff.

Actually, I was just bein' a wise ass. I honestly know next to nothing about jazz (the music, or the basketball team)... just that it ain't my thang. :D

A guy in my office is a major jazz head, tho, and I gotta say he has gotta be one of the most musically-pretentious motherf*ckers I have ever met....this dude will look @ the CDs on my desk and ask "So when are you going to grow up and listen to real music?" or "You still listen to crap like this at your age?" ... he doesn't know how lucky he is that I haven't slapped the f*ck out of him yet.

• My Little Pony

Actually, I was just bein' a wise ass. I honestly know next to nothing about jazz (the music, or the basketball team)... just that it ain't my thang. :D

A guy in my office is a major jazz head, tho, and I gotta say he has gotta be one of the most musically-pretentious motherf*ckers I have ever met....this dude will look @ the CDs on my desk and ask "So when are you going to grow up and listen to real music?" or "You still listen to crap like this at your age?" ... he doesn't know how lucky he is that I haven't slapped the f*ck out of him yet.

Heh! Let me know how that goes down. I do agree, a lot of jazz heads are "musically-pretentious motherf*ckers." That could be said about a lot of genres, but seems more prevalent in Jazz. Me? I'm just the most well-rounded man you'll ever meet. ;}

Im a jazz head, and I know next to nothing about music, all I know is John Scofield is one slick motherfucker, and Pat Metheny aint bad either, and some of the fusion guitarist are mind blowing, Al Diemiola, Alan Holdsworth, guys like that, just glide up and down the guitar, like it was their cock and they were jerking it off!

My fondest memory of the Jazz is from the '90s. They were playing my Pistons. Jerry Sloan and Dennis Rodman were having words all game. Rodman made a free-throw, turned and pointed at Sloan to taunt him. Sloan responded by blowing him a kiss. Rodman tried to apologize after the game with a handshake, and Sloan replied with "I thought Pistons didn't like to shake hands" (a clear reference to the ECF a year before). You can get away with being cocky when you're as good a coach as he was.

I'll never forget Karl Malone's elbow to Isiah Thomas' head in the previous game either, but that's not a memory I define as "fond".

I dont believe most people knew what a dirty player Isiah was, probably because he was on the same team as Rodman, I do know, that when they picked the dream team members, one of the stipulations to Michael Jordon agreeing to be on it, was Isiah Thomas was not to be on it, I think that's a pretty telling story about what the rest of basketball thought of him, I always liked Dumars, and Salley, hell I loved watching Rodman, but no fan of Isiah,

I'm not sure why you still watch the NBA. It's about as real as WWE.

Probably because it's the only Pro team in the area I live, and i certainly don't like pro soccer, thats it, when college football is finished, Utah in Pac-12 and BYU there is no other sport in town, we have a AAA baseball team, but it's not the same as taking a trip to Denver to watch the Rockies play, even though Mike Trout played here 2 years ago, that was fun watching him play before the Angels called him up,

• My Little Pony

I'm a big NBA fan and I'm not sure what makes this any less real than the NFL or MLB.

No, you're right...

...they're all fake.

I'm a big NBA fan and I'm not sure what makes this any less real than the NFL or MLB.

What he's talking about is the commissioner of the NBA, David Sperm, has publicly said for many years, in not so many words, that he'd like the calls to go away from the superstars, because the fans go to the games to see the superstars, and they will be getting ripped off if the superstars foul out before half time, Google it for exact way he said it, I was summarizing, but it has never been so blatant then the game I was speaking of, the Jazz don't have any superstars, AL Jefferson is the biggest name on the team, and the Clippers are the hottest team right now, they had won 17 in a row, by a margin of 16pts or more, the Jazz play them down to the last second every time, and these refs made it all to obvious that the Clippers were to win their 18th in a row, only the refs are generally way better at masking the calls, and no calls, Chris Paul honestly ran by Jefferson untouched, and Jefferson was blown for a foul, I watched the Indiana Pacers play I think the Heat, and I could care less about either team, but the Pacers were getting called for fouls against Lebron that were completely not even happening, shit like Wade would steal it from Granger and chop his hand doing it, no call, but Hibbard went up to dunk it, and Bosh literally threw himself a crossed the court, untouched, it's fucking bullshit, and im mad yeah cause the Jazz would've beat the Clippers had it been called fairly, but I guess Im a sucker and will never learn always watching believing something different going to happen, u know what do they call that? INSANITY!! Right.

It's basically what Leykis is saying. They don't even try to hide the fact that they give certain players/teams the advantage. I found it hilarious when the local radio guys were discussing the NBA finals. They couldn't understand all the phantom fouls against OKC. It never crossed their minds that it was Lebrons turn to win so the calls would go the Heats way.

It's basically what Leykis is saying. They don't even try to hide the fact that they give certain players/teams the advantage. I found it hilarious when the local radio guys were discussing the NBA finals. They couldn't understand all the phantom fouls against OKC. It never crossed their minds that it was Lebrons turn to win so the calls would go the Heats way.

Think about it.. Why would the NBA want Utah, OKC, Milwaukee, or Washington to win a championship..? They would much rather a city like Miami, New York, or LA. to win.. It benefits the league for this to happen.

Yeah... I'm a Bullet/Wizzards fan from way back.. I went to every NBA Championship game they played at home. The NBA was fun back then, I haven't been able to watch the NBA for about 4 years or so.. I do still pull for the Wizzards but I watch maybe 5 to 10 games a year.

It is just to easy for officials to determine the outcome of games. The leauge is looking out for it's best interest when it decides which players and teams will get the benefit of fouls called for or against them. Back in the 70's and early 80's when I went to a ton of games it was officiated way differently.. The stars didn't get every call. Guys like Julius Erving, Kareem, George Gervin, and Magic earned every point they got. That's why I believe these records that players are setting now days mean nothing. Of course Kobe and LeBum are going to have higher scoring averages.. they go to the line if someone looks at them funny.

Think about it.. Why would the NBA want Utah, OKC, Milwaukee, or Washington to win a championship..? They would much rather a city like Miami, New York, or LA. to win.. It benefits the league for this to happen.

Yeah... I'm a Bullet/Wizzards fan from way back.. I went to every NBA Championship game they played at home. The NBA was fun back then, I haven't been able to watch the NBA for about 4 years or so.. I do still pull for the Wizzards but I watch maybe 5 to 10 games a year.

It is just to easy for officials to determine the outcome of games. The leauge is looking out for it's best interest when it decides which players and teams will get the benefit of fouls called for or against them. Back in the 70's and early 80's when I went to a ton of games it was officiated way differently.. The stars didn't get every call. Guys like Julius Erving, Kareem, George Gervin, and Magic earned every point they got. That's why I believe these records that players are setting now days mean nothing. Of course Kobe and LeBum are going to have higher scoring averages.. they go to the line if someone looks at them funny.

Well do any of you remember, the EX-NBA ref that got popped a few years ago, and spilled his guts, and among the many despicable underhanded just straight devious illegal acts he snitched himself out for, was betting on the game he was officiating in, and taking money to stack foul calls towards one specific player, and also taking money to make sure specific teams fouls were kept withing a specific limit, I cant think of that chumps name, but he was just about the most shady dishonest looking twerp you'd ever see, just looking at him you got the immediate vibe that he had some snake like features, and the fact he inadvertently outed the entire NBA Ref system, by coming completely clean to the feds concerning everything illegal he had taken apart in, was almost comparable to Jose Canseco writing a huge book in which he not only ratted out himself for using steroids, and not only confirmed MLB was basically using steroids as a complete league wide training substance, he point blank put up each and every pro baseball player by name, and in some cases described scene for scene the entire scenario that unfolded while Jose and the other player would inject each other in the ass with the juice, so this ref basically dry snitched on the league, he put up the front that he was confessing to his dirty laundry, but in reality, he was snitching out the entire NBA Ref rackett, cause he was soar, jealous, bitter, and most of all extremely fucking angry he got popped and could never make that money again, and he thought the other NBA Refs should have came to his aid, and then assumed that cause not one of them did rush to his defense, then they must have a hand in his getting popped, and they must have decided to scapegoat him, either way, pretty funny scenario that went down, wish I had time to google the douches name, If one of you hasnt posted it when I get home later, I will go find the story, so you all can read in complete and total amazement at the actions of a grown adult male, who is the lone bust in his circle of petty criminal NBA refs, and if he is going to get busted and go down, he sure the fuck aint going down alone, aint no way he's taking the only hit in what he sees as a group effort that he thinks should be all for one and one for all, no way baby, never in hell, I promise google it, find the story, and just read through the progressing news clips about it, it's fucking classic, each new newspaper story you read, shows him going from denial, to confession, to im sure naming the other guys names, but not having busted them and not having any evidence, he has no get with a publicist, and pull together away he can take his unloyal low level crime buddy's down with him, by using his press conference, and using the media, he is a spineless fucking coward rat, but it is pretty hilarious, and it did put the gigantic red eye of anyone who could look into it, over the NBA Ref situation, and forced David Sperm, to publicly acknowledge that there was maybe a tilt in the way refs called games, and that it's a completely reasonable situation and reason for the NBA Refs candy shading the way they called NBA games.

I dont believe most people knew what a dirty player Isiah was, probably because he was on the same team as Rodman, I do know, that when they picked the dream team members, one of the stipulations to Michael Jordon agreeing to be on it, was Isiah Thomas was not to be on it, I think that's a pretty telling story about what the rest of basketball thought of him, I always liked Dumars, and Salley, hell I loved watching Rodman, but no fan of Isiah,

I don't think Isiah was a dirty player (certainly no worse than Malone), but I'll admit my bias. He was captain of a team nicknamed the "Bad Boys" so some of that reputation was attributed to him. As for the Dream Team and Jordan... Jordan's dislike of Thomas stems from the 1985 All-Star Game in which Jordan blamed Isiah (the starting PG) for his sub-par game. He seems to think Isiah convinced the rest of the team to not pass him the ball. As if some 4th year dude had that kind of influence over legends like Bird and Erving and Moses Malone. And really, "If Isiah plays, I'm gonna take my ball and go home", kinda says something about Jordan too.

The "worst" thing Isiah did to the Jazz was score 44 points against them in the game before Malone clocked him. That ain't worth the huge scar he still sports over his left eye.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ORWrYvgxpI

LOL I wonder why I didnt know what you were talking about, dude thats some old fucking footage there, thats even before Jeff Hornacek was here, I was in 5th grade in Seattle Washington when that game was played, I had absolutely no link to the Jazz at the point in time, I liked the Supersonics, I never in a million years wouldve believed i would end up in Ogden Utah, being a Jazz fan, that to me is a no brainer, anytime I move to a different city, if that city offers pro sports, I will automatically root for the team of the city i live in, thats just common sense, at least to me, thats some funny shit, Karl looks like a baby, he hadnt yet mastered throwing that elbow into people and getting away with it yet, but we all know he eventually would perfect that elbow shot, and add a couple more moves, mainly his famous Left, Right Trigger, and hold A ., B buttons down at same time, move, LOL, the famous fast break going for the ball (illusion) and somehow getting his forearm into the lower back of the ball carrier, in one perfect motion, he would swipe away the ball with his left hand, while keeping his body close enough to put his right hand into the back and shove the ball handler straight into the front row and the ONLY way you would be able to detect what he had done, was if you were watching the telecast when Ron Boone picked up on it, and had them run it back, and slow motion, it was so blantantly obvious, so cheap, and unsportsman like, that you really were put into a crisis, your gut was telling you it was one of the dirtiest moves youd ever witnessed, but the shear genius of the entire shot, so that the refs could never even begin to detect anything had happened other then malone had stripped the ball away, and the ball carrier could not stop his forward motion in time to avoid crashing into the front row, I am going to go surfing to look for any clips of Malone doing this, it was a secret move on the NBA Jam game, but this was hilarious, we got a guy named Raja Bell, who decided to tell the coach to go fuck himself so is sitting home this season, but he took a cheap shot at Kobe a few years back, I believe when he played for the Suns, and fucked Kobe up,