Dan Reed - Signal Fire

Stefan

'Coming Up For Air' was one of the years highlights for me and a reallly great album. Look forward immensley to this one.

'Coming Up For Air' was one of the years highlights for me and a reallly great album. Look forward immensley to this one.

Yep. I think Dan Reed is a bit under-rated. He's got an excellent voice and I really like the stuff he did with Dan Reed Network.

So I'm looking forward to this as well...

Been a fan of Dan Reed Network since nearly the beginning around late 1986, early 1987 (pre Mercury / PolyGram debut) as I'm from their hometown of Portland, Oregon and they got a LOT of run around these parts back in the day.

A cooler bunch of dudes you will not meet. Dan Reed, Dan Pred and Blake Sakamoto still live here in town and have been on-stage together a few times (but not as the Network, unfortunately). If anyone needs a copy of the 1997 Generator CD with Pred and Blake (and Reed's good buddy and current traveling musician partner Rob Daiker) let me know. It's a really good slab of 80's minded, but more current (current in 1997) hard rock. Very difficult to find as it was a local / indie release only. The CD was "re-issued" under the name SLOWRUSH, but the record company made a LOT of changes, and pretty much gone was the 80's minded stuff (still good, however).

Been a fan of Dan Reed Network since nearly the beginning around late 1986, early 1987 (pre Mercury / PolyGram debut) as I'm from their hometown of Portland, Oregon and they got a LOT of run around these parts back in the day.

A cooler bunch of dudes you will not meet. Dan Reed, Dan Pred and Blake Sakamoto still live here in town and have been on-stage together a few times (but not as the Network, unfortunately). If anyone needs a copy of the 1997 Generator CD with Pred and Blake (and Reed's good buddy and current traveling musician partner Rob Daiker) let me know. It's a really good slab of 80's minded, but more current (current in 1997) hard rock. Very difficult to find as it was a local / indie release only. The CD was "re-issued" under the name SLOWRUSH, but the record company made a LOT of changes, and pretty much gone was the 80's minded stuff (still good, however).

Don't even hesitate for 2 seconds on that Generator disc, it has the Reed vibe all over it and I agree that the Slowrush disc is good, but much different than the Generator version...

Was fortunate enough to see Slowrush open for Kings X in seattle when they were still calling themselves Generator and also got to see DRN at the Rose Theatre New Years Eve on their Heat tour! The Cherry Poppin' Daddies opend that one, when they were trying to call themselves The Daddies...

Great bands!

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Its a good album. Very much in the same style as Coming up for air.

Had it for a few weeks now, but not been able to spin it too many times as have had a glut of new CDs to listen to recently.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nice disc. Safe and samey AOR and hard to separate tracks from start to end, but harmless and okay. I gave it a 65%.

• 6 months later...