Dirty Passion - In Wonderland

darin

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First of all they have a new singer, which I did not realise until I started listening to the new CD. The new singer voice is a little more gruff than the first. Little heavier musically and less polished production: yet still a good produced album. Similar to what Crazy Lixx did with their last album, which I liked. Album has a little of everything. Hard rockers, mid-tempo and your ballads. Also have new bass player. In style I would put it between the Crazy Lixx(Riot Avenue) & Fatal Smile's latest release.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all they have a new singer, which I did not realise until I started listening to the new CD. The new singer voice is a little more gruff than the first. Little heavier musically and less polished production: yet still a good produced album. Similar to what Crazy Lixx did with their last album, which I liked. Album has a little of everything. Hard rockers, mid-tempo and your ballads. Also have new bass player. In style I would put it between the Crazy Lixx(Riot Avenue) & Fatal Smile's latest release.

I must admit, songwise this album turned out to be a hell of a lot better than I was anticipating. It's actually a real nice hard rock disc, but the production is a real letdown for me. Like you say, it's not like it's really poorly produced, but it is, like you say, unpolished and just sounds a little half-assed to me. With a great, tight production I dare say this album would be in the mix for my top 20 this year. The combo of the two tunes 'Daughter of the reaper' and 'Light of the candle' should be one of the best one/two combo punches of the year. Two really sweet hard rockers in a row, but the production really lets the band down on these songs - strips them of the balls they should have.

Anyway, here's my review. Add probably at least another 10% if it was well produced:

1. Into The Wild - good hard rocking opener - production could be tighter, but a good song - 7.50

2. Dead End Street - another good hard rocker… better than the opener - 8.00

3. Lovers Lane - solid hard rocker, but not great - 7.25

4. When Darkness Falls - pretty damn nice ballad - not perfect, but some great parts - 8.00

5. Sinner - solid rocker - 7.00

6. Make It Last - good solid ballad - nice - 7.50

7. Addicted - nice balladic rocker - cool tune - 8.00

8. Daughter Of The Reaper - very cool hard rock tune - 8.50

9. Light Of The Candle - another pretty killer hard rocker - shame the production isn't a little crisper - 8.75

10. Stay - nice ballad - 7.50

11. Shadowland - solid hard rocker - not the album's best, but solid - 7.25

TOTAL SCORE - 77%

• 1 month later...