Edge - Heaven Knows

Stefan

It has a "The Magnificent" feel to it, but not as good as that.That was my album of 2011.

Ex-squeeze me? A baking powder? I must listen to this immediately!

Remember!, I said not as good!!!

But even if it's half as good, that's still twice better than half the albums dropped last year.

Well, let me know what you think. I like it, and I tend to lean more towards stuff with a crunch to it.

• My Little Pony

It has a "The Magnificent" feel to it, but not as good as that.That was my album of 2011.

Ex-squeeze me? A baking powder? I must listen to this immediately!

Remember!, I said not as good!!!

But even if it's half as good, that's still twice better than half the albums dropped last year.

Well, let me know what you think. I like it, and I tend to lean more towards stuff with a crunch to it.

That was decent. Didn't make my pants tight, but teasers seldom do. ;}

Just finished couple spins and I'm pretty impressed with this fine AOR stuff, a great gift in the late January and hopefully more like this will pop up as 2013 progresses. I basically like all tracks here with a little complaint on 'Get Over It' which is practically the only ballad here and sadly, quite average, even bordering filler material I must say.

Now some three top stuffs here which I rated perfect are 'I Believe In Love', 'Right Now', and 'To Hell and Back'. What a splendid job, I'm still unable to pick which one's the best, I might go with 'To Hell' but all three are flawless. Next tracks that should be mentioned here are 'Nowhere To Hide', 'There Is No Other Way', and the last two tracks, 'Through That Door' and 'The End of The World'.

The production is good, not extremely great though, but it's fine as it is. Love this one and you need to check em out if you haven't!

87%

Just finished couple spins and I'm pretty impressed with this fine AOR stuff, a great gift in the late January and hopefully more like this will pop up as 2013 progresses. I basically like all tracks here with a little complaint on 'Get Over It' which is practically the only ballad here and sadly, quite average, even bordering filler material I must say.

Now some three top stuffs here which I rated perfect are 'I Believe In Love', 'Right Now', and 'To Hell and Back'. What a splendid job, I'm still unable to pick which one's the best, I might go with 'To Hell' but all three are flawless. Next tracks that should be mentioned here are 'Nowhere To Hide', 'There Is No Other Way', and the last two tracks, 'Through That Door' and 'The End of The World'.

The production is good, not extremely great though, but it's fine as it is. Love this one and you need to check em out if you haven't!

87%

Yes, I like this to. I'm going to go with "To Hell And Back" as my favorite.

My initial thoughts were as such:

1. Little Girl (3:57) - great opener - I just feel like the chorus needs an extra layer to make it a bit bigger and stronger - 8.25

2. How Long (3:55) - not overly exciting, but a solid hard rocker with a pretty good chorus - 8.00

3. Nowhere To Hide (4:46) - very nice melodic rocker - 8.25

4. Get Over It (4:03) - solid hard rocker - sounds familiar - 7.50

5. I Believe In Love (4:27) - more or less, sheer perfection - 10.00

6. There Is No Other Way (3:46) - corny lyrics, but a good melodic rocker - 8.00

7. I Could Never Live (3:34) - good kind of typical melodic rocker - 8.75

8. Right Now (4:54) - more really corny lyrics, but a good inspiro rocker - 7.75

9. To Hell And Back (4:08) - real nice melodic rocker with a strong chorus - 8.50

10. Through That Door (3:35) - some more pretty average lyrics, but another good melodic rocker - 7.50

11. The End Of The World (3:12) - really terrible lyrics again, but a very good melodic rocker - 8.25

Total - 83%

I really like the disc. Production wise, I think it sounds fantastic. There's some pretty weak, corny lyrics which put me slightly off a few songs, but the hooks and melodies themselves are generally very strong - no fillers on the disc. Very nice start to the year. I doubt this will finish in my top 10 in 2013, but it will remain a very nice album.

Jesus, I just finished through with this on Spotify.

Its not bad, but what is all the fuss about. Just pretty good accented melodic rock, nothing more in my book.

Sorry Geoff, but I skipped 'I Believe In Love'.....just dull.

My original comments stand.

Its not bad, but what is all the fuss about. Just pretty good accented melodic rock, nothing more in my book.

I got you Glen, I like it myself(It's not fantastic) but a nice listen.

Don't know if there's really much fuss about it, is there? I've only seen the couple of favourable views here but didn't think this'd be setting the world alight.

Anyway, I could have saved you 45mins of your life and told you straight out you wouldn't like this. I know if 2012 you lost interest in modern rock. Disliking bands like Diamond Dawn and skipping songs like 'I believe in love' may mean that in 2013 melodic rock might be next on the chopping block for you?

Watch out, mate, soon you'll just be stuck with a bunch of prog CDs in a few years and wonder why the hell you stopped liking all the good music! ;)

But yeah, seriously, if melodic rock isn't your thing any more fair enough. I certainly don't think this is amazing, but it's a very strong melodic rock release, without any obvious fault.

Didn't lose interest in modern rock, it's just only a handful of releases made the grade.

Of the releases so far in 2013, most have been weak.

Usual practice will be resumed when WET hits....and we hear some worthy melodic rock.

Don't know if there's really much fuss about it, is there? I've only seen the couple of favourable views here but didn't think this'd be setting the world alight.

Anyway, I could have saved you 45mins of your life and told you straight out you wouldn't like this. I know if 2012 you lost interest in modern rock. Disliking bands like Diamond Dawn and skipping songs like 'I believe in love' may mean that in 2013 melodic rock might be next on the chopping block for you?

Watch out, mate, soon you'll just be stuck with a bunch of prog CDs in a few years and wonder why the hell you stopped liking all the good music! ;)

But yeah, seriously, if melodic rock isn't your thing any more fair enough. I certainly don't think this is amazing, but it's a very strong melodic rock release, without any obvious fault.

Agree Geoff!

• 4 weeks later...

Great track(my favorite)from a good album.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I think the Japanese bonus track really does improve the overall scores I've seen for this album :)

Really? It brings it down for me. Very run of the mill ballad and worst of all, it really highlights those shockingly horrid vocals in their barest and most unhidden form. I think the album is much better off without this song.

• 6 months later...