Love.Might.Kill - 2 Big 2 Fail

Stefan

I really liked their release from last year 'Brace For Impact' on Massacre Records. The new cd '2 Big 2 Fail' is released Oct. 26th and below is a track from the album. Good melodic metal!

Track listing:

1. Save My Soul
02. XTC
03. Burn The Night
04. The One
05. Restless Heart
06. Home
07. The Great Escape
08. Too Big To Fail
09. We Fall
10. The Big Screen Pleasure (And Pain)
11. Alone
12. The Perfect Mistake

LOVE%20MIGHT%20KILL-2%20BIG%202%20FAIL.j

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpE8BrAIdjI

I really liked their release from last year 'Brace For Impact' on Massacre Records. The new cd '2 Big 2 Fail' is released Oct. 26th and below is a track from the album. Good melodic metal!

Track listing:

1. Save My Soul

02. XTC

03. Burn The Night

04. The One

05. Restless Heart

06. Home

07. The Great Escape

08. Too Big To Fail

09. We Fall

10. The Big Screen Pleasure (And Pain)

11. Alone

12. The Perfect Mistake

LOVE%20MIGHT%20KILL-2%20BIG%202%20FAIL.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpE8BrAIdjI

I think these guys do a better job when they play a Melodic Rock style like this song, rather than a Metal style.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've avoided this thread because of the word "prog" and I'm sure I tried and promptly deleted the debut album from these guys, but 'Restless heart' sounds pretty good there. Might be worth seeing if there's some good stuff on this one.

• 2 months later...

Surprisingly good CD. It's the kind of CD I'm actually really surprised is not more widely acknowledged here. Killer hard rock sound - some really killer riffs, and great musicianship. Good vocals and very good song writing. Surprised lovers of stuff like Allen/Lande and the like aren't more interested.

A few fillers let the overall score down a bit, sadly, but there are a few musts on this CD like XTC, Restless Heart, The Great Escape and the title track. All excellently played hard rockers, and there are other good tunes here. Do yourself a favour and check this CD out if you've not yet.

• 3 weeks later...

This album should be placed in Heavy metal because there's always a mix of melodic heavy metal and hard rock and I guess nothing's prog at all about this album. Out of 11 tracks (minus the intro), half of them are in the 7/10 to 7.5/10 territory and probably only 'The Big Screen Pleasure (And Pain)' that I rated 6.5. Some great tracks here are 'Restless Heart', 'The Great Escape', 'Too Big To Fail' which is the best track, and 'We Fall' - that's probably the fastest track that's close to power metal. Shame the last two tracks are kinda average, because if they put up something like 'Restless Heart', this disc could be bigger for me.

Production is good and the rhythm section is very solid. Good disc

77%

• 6 months later...