FM - Only Foolin' EP & Rockville album (and part 2)

Stefan

YES!! FM are back! I've always had a weak spot for these fellows. From their forthcoming album.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXGtH1zNOo0

Trailer for ONLY FOOLIN' EP - out 26th November 2012 via Riff City Records.

This 9-track mini-album features the usual FM mixture of sneak previews, live recordings and brand-new studio tracks exclusive to this release. As well as the track "Only Foolin'" (which will feature on FM's forthcoming album), ONLY FOOLIN' EP also includes "Rainbow's End" and "Shot in the Dark" (exclusive new studio recordings), along with five live recordings from FM's Indiscreet 25Live shows in March 2012. Last but not least, DJ Juppy has been let loose on the desk to create another of his monumental remixes with Only Foolin' (Extended Mix).

ONLY FOOLIN' EP is out 26th November 2012 via Riff City Records, available from the webshop at www.fmofficial.com and all good record stores and internet retailers.

I guess the song sounds okay... pretty typical of recent output from FM.

Sadly, I expect this to be a plodfest, but I truly hope they prove me wrong. Not with this piece of shit waste of space and time "mini-album," but when they stop f*cking around and release the next full album.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I said a good EP, but Rainbows End sounded so like a 80s Beer commercial song, I almost cranked out a Raineer, and pounded it!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very safe. Not sure what else to say. This stuff does not excite me one iota.

Yep, sadly that's FM for you these days. I do like the verses on this new song quite a lot, but the chorus is pure nothingness. Just like the very basic EP from last year. Shame...

• 2 weeks later...

The new 'Rockville' album arrived this morning with 'Rockville 2' in tow as well. First signs that this is a damned good album..more to follow after a w/e of spinning action.

I heard this today and I have to say, with my expectations at zero, it definitely exceeded expectations. My main issue with the album is that there is a banquet of really great verses on the disc, but time after time the chorus is a flop. There were two complete songs that stood out - one was the ballad and one of the tunes towards the end I forget the name of.

It's a far from excellent album, and there are some fillers for sure, but I'd probably go as far as to rate it better than anything they've put out since 'Aphrodesiac.' Definitely lacking on the chorus front, though.

'Rockville' generated so much interest, FM decided to release part 2 of it.

62853abc40133e6186a02b5b279255c6.jpg

Tracks:

01. High

02. Bad Addiction

03. Guilty

04. Desolation Station

05. Runaway Train

06. Living For The Weekend

07. Forever And A Day

08. Paradise Highway

09. Brother Take Me Home

10. Last Chance Saloon

I got these both together when I made a pledge and have had them a few weeks now. Between the 2 albums, there are some very fine tunes, although I would say overall 'Rockville 1' edges the second one. Well worth picking up both though and certainly far from 'Crap' imo.