Replacement Refs in the NFL

T-BONE

I'm not a Packers fan by any means, but they got screwed. For the last 3 Sundays, replacement refs have been blowing some pretty easy calls all over the NFL. Are they officially the 3rd team on the field now? Never thought I'd say this, but I may have to refrain from watching games until the real guys come back... :soapbox:

In the year 2012, a bunch of men escaped into the NFL background, now given the ultimate power, they wave their arms, blow their whistles, appear to be watching a different game, in a different dimension then the rest of us, if you've got the over\under, if your in a 5K$ and over Fantasy League, If you need help covering the spread, and you can find them, you might just want to hire, THE $$$ RENT-A-REFS TEAM!!! (enter The A Team opening theme song) when you see how much these jerk offs make, then you watch the calls they make, if you don't believe in the "it's a joke" theory, and you cant grasp that they could really honestly be that incompetent, or this fucking bad, then you must put some honest thought, into my theory, that at the salary's they are making, it would be financially profitable and in their interest, to help out their own fantasy players, or to blow some calls to help cover their bookies spread, or to tweak the over\under on certain players, they stand to make a large financial gain by working with bookies, I see NO! other reason when watching them make calls, that you can make absolutely NO! sense out of them making, it's almost as if they are just making calls, and blowing whistles so they look like they are actually doing something, you know like when you hurry up and start shoveling some dirt when the boss walks through your construction sight, something is absolutely going on, and it's not going on the up and up!!

There are bad calls in every game no matter what refs are being used. I,ve sat in a stadium for 3 or different games when the Patriots get 3 or 4 calls in their favor. All that Brady has to do is sit on the turf and raise his hands then the flags will fly. In week 2 I watched the Ravens get called for the only "offensive pass interference" of the week to take a touchdown away... there were 19 defensive pass interferences that same week.

As far as last nights game goes.. Good for the fans in Seattle... The;ve already been ripped of a Super Bowl win against the Steelers. Good for them... enjoy the wIN.

As far as last nights game goes.. Good for the fans in Seattle... The;ve already been ripped of a Super Bowl win against the Steelers. Good for them... enjoy the wIN.

I agree that the Seahawks got ripped in the Super Bowl but that has absolutely nothing to do with this NFL season and what happened last night. There's nothing "good for them", or anyone when shit like last night happens. It was embarrassing for the league, frustrating for the fans and terrible for the players and coaches (on both sides...the Packers feel robbed of the hard work and some of the Seahawks look like fools, in particular Pete "that was a good call" Carol and Golden "oh yeah, I caught the ball" Tate. There is a HUGE difference between the typical calls we would see out of the normal refs and these buffoons. The debacle we call officiating that has gone on this year in the NFL reached the pinnacle last night.

I agree that the Seahawks got ripped in the Super Bowl but that has absolutely nothing to do with this NFL season and what happened last night. There's nothing "good for them", or anyone when shit like last night happens. It was embarrassing for the league, frustrating for the fans and terrible for the players and coaches (on both sides...the Packers feel robbed of the hard work and some of the Seahawks look like fools, in particular Pete "that was a good call" Carol and Golden "oh yeah, I caught the ball" Tate. There is a HUGE difference between the typical calls we would see out of the normal refs and these buffoons. The debacle we call officiating that has gone on this year in the NFL reached the pinnacle last night.

As far a Pete Carroll goes... he is just a homo. I've never had respect for that deserter anyway. And what is Tate suppose to say?

The Packers could have done at least 2 things to prevent the ending... First, knock the ball down like every defensive player is taught to do in that situation. And number 2... score more than 12 points against the Seahawks.

That was one of the worst calls ive ever seen and there have been plenty more throughout the season so far. Sure the Pack should have scored more points but they still win if the correct call is made and im sure they would have knocked the ball down if not for a shove in the back that was a obvious pass interference. Even Marshawn Lynch admitted to Packer fans after the game that they got screwed.

So far just about every team from what I have seen has at sometime benefited and at other times been screwed by the replacement officials. My solution is simple. If you are the better team then outscore your opponent by enough that a bad call cannot affect the outcome of the game. As a Tarheel fan nothing irritates me worse than a bunch of Carolina or Duke fans talking about how an official cost them the game. I have never seen an official score a single point in any game, Basketball of Football. I listened to a bunch of "fans" talking about how the officials in the UNC-Louisville game didn't call a facemask at the end of the game when the Heels attempted a pass in the end zone that could have possibly won the game. My point was don't spot a team 30ish points in the first half. An official can only determine the outcome if the teams let them. If a person will look at the history of their team they will see that their team probably has benefited as much from bad calls as it has cost them so it usually equals out. So my advice to MY teams The Bills and The Heels: OUTSCORE the other team!!!!!!!! Early and often, then the officials can't "BEAT YOU".

Yeah but everybody knows, no team is constantly helped over the hump more by officiating then the Heels, it's almost as if Chapel Hill employs the refs!!

So far just about every team from what I have seen has at sometime benefited and at other times been screwed by the replacement officials. My solution is simple. If you are the better team then outscore your opponent by enough that a bad call cannot affect the outcome of the game. As a Tarheel fan nothing irritates me worse than a bunch of Carolina or Duke fans talking about how an official cost them the game. I have never seen an official score a single point in any game, Basketball of Football. I listened to a bunch of "fans" talking about how the officials in the UNC-Louisville game didn't call a facemask at the end of the game when the Heels attempted a pass in the end zone that could have possibly won the game. My point was don't spot a team 30ish points in the first half. An official can only determine the outcome if the teams let them. If a person will look at the history of their team they will see that their team probably has benefited as much from bad calls as it has cost them so it usually equals out. So my advice to MY teams The Bills and The Heels: OUTSCORE the other team!!!!!!!! Early and often, then the officials can't "BEAT YOU".

I just can't agree with this sort of reasoning at all. They DID score more points than the other team. You are saying every team should make sure they are leading by 9 points or more so that on the last play of the game the officials cannot screw you out of a victory. Uhhh, no. I thought the Packers played a horrible first half, but made excellent adjustments, played good in the second half and if not for a phantom roughing the passer penalty nullifying an Interception, and a phantom pass interference call on Sam Shields on bomb down the sidelines maybe the Packers would have been up by 9 points or more. How many plays does a team have to make to get 9 points ahead. I have heard a few people use this logic and the "he should have bat the pass down" logic and they just don't make sense. I've seen defenses bat the ball away and have it land in the arms of a receiver too. Then you would say "he should have batted the ball in the other direction".

The Packers are NOT the only team that got screwed so far this season. I hate the Vikings and I see them get screwed with timeouts against the 49er's. I've seen so many missed calls, bad calls, confusion, etc. We all have. The Packers just happen to be involved in a game that was on national TV, no other games going on, and the blown call happened with 0:00 time on the clock, it was an obvious blown call, they went to review and STILL got the call wrong, and it changed the outcome from victory to defeat. The final minutes of that game basically summarized how bad these officials are, how greedy the NFL is, what a stubborn dope Roger Goodell is and frustrated the fans...not because they like the Packers, hate the Seahawks or vice versa, but because they know it could happen to their team any game.

That's my thoughts....say I'm biased or whatever but I would feel the same way if it were another team.

And as for what Tate should say....yeah, I dunno, what do you say? I guess I liked the way Russell Wilson handled the questions afterwards. The interview I saw he sorta smiled and didn't confirm or deny anything, just said they worked hard, etc. "yeah, I caught the ball" just makes him look...like an idiot in my view.

Enough said, I'm done ranting. :taz:

I just don't see what difference it is wether a bad call is made with 0.00 on the clock or midway through the first quarter. You never know how momentum will work.. there is no way to prove that a bad call at the end of the game will change the outcome any more than a bad call in the first quarter.

As long as there is a human element to officiating there is a chance that this will happen. There is just nothing that can be done about it. I didn't hear much at all out of Seatle when they had 3 or 4 terrible calls go against them in the Super Bowl a few years back.. To me this just isn't a big deal. Bad calls happen all the time. It's part of the NFL and every other professional sports league.