Who gets your award for Worst Sophomore Album?

Evil Rick

The winner is -Hardline-II, their debut was fantastic but the second was so weak, I can't remember a single song, a boring album. The new one Danger zone is very good.

I agree about Wild side, but this great band was a victim of the grunge era.

About Thunder, Backstreet s. was great, the second-laughin on j.d. boring.

The second Steel panther-ball out- is a not a bad album , but compared to their debut is weak (IMO).

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOL Sahara is awesome and my fav disc of theirs. There is nothing weak about it. I like the debut but its too AOR for me where the next two had more balls IMO.

Agreed, Sahara is my fav HOL album as well. I love their cover of "Can't Find My Way Home". The debut is fantastic but I would put Sahara at the top.

Finally someone else that has good taste like me! :beerbang:

I've been talking up Sahara for years and most around here seem to think it's weak when compared to the debut and Demons Down. I also love that cover of "Can't Find My Way Home" and "Remember My Name" has to be one of the best ballad ever and loved that video back in the day when it was on dial MTV. Plus Doug Aldrich played on this album although I've never been sure which songs he played on. Demons Down is an excellent album as well but Sahara has always been my fav.

The debut may have been softer, but the debut had 'Edge of Your Life' and 'Hearts of the World', 2 of my absolute favourite rock songs of all time. Nothing House of Lords (or most other bands) have done since gets anywhere near the perfection of these 2 songs for me.

Picking which of the first 3 albums by HOL is best is like picking between Megan Fox, Mila Kunis and Scarlett Johanssen. All are various shades of awesomeness.

... and all so far out of your league that they may as well be in another dimension. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a comfy seat here in my glass house :)

HOL Sahara is awesome and my fav disc of theirs. There is nothing weak about it. I like the debut but its too AOR for me where the next two had more balls IMO.

Agreed, Sahara is my fav HOL album as well. I love their cover of "Can't Find My Way Home". The debut is fantastic but I would put Sahara at the top.

I've been talking up Sahara for years and most around here seem to think it's weak when compared to the debut and Demons Down. I also love that cover of "Can't Find My Way Home" and "Remember My Name" has to be one of the best ballad ever and loved that video back in the day when it was on dial MTV. Plus Doug Aldrich played on this album although I've never been sure which songs he played on. Demons Down is an excellent album as well but Sahara has always been my fav.

The debut may have been softer, but the debut had 'Edge of Your Life' and 'Hearts of the World', 2 of my absolute favourite rock songs of all time. Nothing House of Lords (or most other bands) have done since gets anywhere near the perfection of these 2 songs for me.

Picking which of the first 3 albums by HOL is best is like picking between Megan Fox, Mila Kunis and Scarlett Johanssen. All are various shades of awesomeness.

... and all so far out of your league that they may as well be in another dimension. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to take a comfy seat here in my glass house :)

With Kylie? ;)

Like Pink Cream 69, Brother Firetribe and The Poodles, Scarlett Johanssen is one of those things in life that I just don't get. :huhsign:

With Kylie? ;)

Like Pink Cream 69, Brother Firetribe and The Poodles, Scarlett Johanssen is one of those things in life that I just don't get. :huhsign:

And there you go on queue, right after I validly referred to you as a creep in the Kirstin Bell thread. ;) Nah, I kid - to each their own. For me, though, I'd take a full figured woman over a rake 100% of the time, 7 days of the week, 10/10 times.

With Kylie? ;)

And there you go on queue, right after I validly referred to you as a creep in the Kirstin Bell thread. ;) Nah, I kid - to each their own. For me, though, I'd take a full figured woman over a rake 100% of the time, 7 days of the week, 10/10 times.

I completely agree on figure and don't usually like thin women at all. However, for me, by far the most important thing about a female to lech over (which, let's be honest, is all we're talking about here) is the face. And in my humble opinion Kristen's face is absolutely knockout, she is stunning, whereas I see nothing attractive about Scarlett's looks at all.

by far the most important thing about a female to lech over (which, let's be honest, is all we're talking about here) is the face.

Surprising to some perhaps, I totally 100% agree.

And in my humble opinion Kristen's face is absolutely knockout, she is stunning, whereas I see nothing attractive about Scarlett's looks at all.

And then we disagree 100% again. ;)

Haha... nice job finding the most rubbish photo of her ever. ;) I fell in love with her during my first viewing of 'The Island' so here's just a random screenshot from that movie where she was pretty much covered neck to toe in a white suit for the whole movie but still looked stunning. This is a pretty ladee to me for sure:

4f2f619e_Scarlett_Johansson_the%20island.jpg

Honestly. Anyone who has anything critical to say about Scarlett Johansson needs to seriously question whether they're standards are too high. :)

Honestly. Anyone who has anything critical to say about Scarlett Johansson needs to seriously question whether they're standards are too high. :)

I think when we're only looking our standards can be sky high. If these are women we're only going to fantasise about, we might as well be picky. I would be far less choosy with 'real' women, but with women I'm never likely to meet, what the hell?

And as for Scarlett, I hardly had to look hard for that photo. The first page of matches on Google had plenty of pictures of her looking similar to this one. Looking at the photo above, it's not like she's pulling a silly face or anything, but she still looks rough. Just. Don't. Get. It.

With Kylie? />

And a big ol' tub of Bird's custard :)

Honestly. Anyone who has anything critical to say about Scarlett Johansson needs to seriously question whether they're standards are too high. smile.gif

I think when we're only looking our standards can be sky high. If these are women we're only going to fantasise about, we might as well be picky. I would be far less choosy with 'real' women, but with women I'm never likely to meet, what the hell?

And as for Scarlett, I hardly had to look hard for that photo. The first page of matches on Google had plenty of pictures of her looking similar to this one. Looking at the photo above, it's not like she's pulling a silly face or anything, but she still looks rough. Just. Don't. Get. It.

Miss Johansson + looking like Black Widow = your argument is invalid, mate ;)

Honestly. Anyone who has anything critical to say about Scarlett Johansson needs to seriously question whether they're standards are too high. smile.gif

It's all okay - just had a quick chat with Scarlett and it turns out that's she isn't hugely upset that I don't find her attractive. Phew! :D

It's all okay - just had a quick chat with Scarlett and it turns out that's she isn't hugely upset that I don't find her attractive. Phew! :D

I'm sure that's a load off your mind :) Now, if you could just persuade her to opo across the river into darkest essex, that'd be great!

I'm sure that's a load off your mind :) Now, if you could just persuade her to opo across the river into darkest essex, that'd be great!

*pop* ... POP across the river ... sorry, hands shaking too much at the thought!

Will do. Good luck trying to decide whether to kiss those lips or unblock your drains with them. ;)

Will do. Good luck trying to decide whether to kiss those lips or unblock your drains with them. ;)

I've got a drain pipe she could unblock with those lips.

3/4 of the Mafia have spoken. Loves me some Sahara as my fave :woot: