I know I'm becoming the "black sheep" of the family here

Being a teenager in the 70s, I did a helluva lot of partying. I think we were really a (the) Sex, Drugs & RnR Generation. But I went to more than a few parties that sometimes during the night they would blend in some Redneck Honky Tonk or Bluegrass music and most of us didnt mind it. I agree when its good, its good. Like country, Its rare that i listen to it, but I like it.

I am like 5150, A true ROCKER! But,I can handle different styles of music here and there. Growing up, (a preteen in the 70s ) I used to listen to my mother's albums in my room(the Temptations, the Four Tops the Platters, etc.), even some disco(sorry),of course 70's rock. Then the 80s came, there were Men At Work etc. Then came the good stuff, and here I am (THE ROCKER)!

I'm like Joe Dirt. "A rocker thru and thru".

Me too, to a degree. I like the odd song from other genres of music, but almost all of what I listen to is rock and metal.

No problems liking other music styles. I respect that.

Agreed, although if you came out as a fan of Boyzone, JLS, etc, I would find it very difficult to be tolerant.

• 1 month later...

I always liked country. Why not? It's one of the basics of rock 'n' roll.

Exactly. Throw in a little slide guitar and maybe a southern accent. Other than that it's the same thing. I can appreciate most music as long as it's "real" - no computerized crap, drum machines...

In fact, the new Steel Magnolia CD was my favorite for 2011.

• My Little Pony

I listen to nearly every style of music; bluegrass, blues rock, country, and southern rock often in rotation.

The way I look at it, it's all good so long as it's good.

:beerbang: