Black Sabbath MK1 back together,,, for a new album

Ali Rock

See below. I don't know how this is going to be. It might be really good but it can be just awfull,,, We have to wait and see.

From Blacksabbathonline,,,

At a press conference in Los Angeles this morning at 11:11AM on 11/11/11, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler, Bill Ward, & Ozzy Osbourne appeared to announce that Black Sabbath Mk I is back together again and will be releasing their first new full album of material since 1978's "Never Say Die!". Granted, the last official full album by "Black Sabbath" was 1995's Forbidden, and the last full album of material that could be called Black Sabbath was 2008's "The Devil You Know". And don't forget the 1998 Mk I release, "Reunion", which had two new tracks on it.

Announced today at the site of were two simple things.

They would be putting out a full new studio album with the original lineup. No release date (although Fall 2012 is mentioned), no title yet. It will be produced by Rick Rubin, though. It has been announced it will be on Vertigo Worldwide. Management has told me nothing has yet been recorded, but there has been writing going on for a few months now. I've also been told it's all new stuff. The material they wrote back in 2001, which included "Scary Dreams" won't be used. But until the album is in our hands, one can never be 100% sure, eh?

Just one live date - the Download festival on June 10, 2012. There will be more after that, but just one gig announced now.

Classic Sabbath line up, excited about new album but not sure what the quality will be like vocally, roll on next year :beerbang:

They got their work cut out for 'em to beat out the Heaven & Hell reincarnation.

To be honest, as much as I like Sabbath and think that the Ozzy years are the only years, this news just doesnt excite me.

Firstly because its not the first time they have reunited, as I saw them back in 1998, and secondly because I just dont think they can recapture the sound of the band from the classic years.

The band members have too many outside musical influences these days, and a modern production job will take away from their sounds as well.

The two songs on the Reunion album were good, but they just didnt sound like classic Sabbath.

With the great back catalog and the build up of another reunion they have their work cut out for them. The fan in me wants another album and holds out hope that it will get great but the realist in me would be surprised if they can do anything better than 'Never Say Die' or 'Technical Ecstacy' but I hope they prove me wrong. I do also realize that this lineup would of probably never happened again if RJD doesn't die since Tony and Geezer have been very vocal over the years about Ozzy having to play the same songs over and over again so it will be interesting if Ozzy can perform of the deeper cuts instead of the same ten songs every night that they did on the Ozzfest shows. I also hate how VH1 Classic has said all weekend that this will be the first Sabbath album since 1978 somehow forgetting about all the albums they released from 1980-1995. They should of said first original lineup album but instead the Dio years as well as the Martin years gets overlooked once again. Finally with the success of Heaven&Hell the band the Dio years were celebrated but now it will be like they never happened.

Finally with the success of Heaven&Hell the band the Dio years were celebrated but now it will be like they never happened.

...which is just how Sharon Osbourne wants it. You know it burned her ass that Sabbath successfully reunited without her husband even if it was only for a couple of years. She must've been like "They have to do another record with Ozzy, I refuse to let Sabbath's last work be with THAT guy"

But Sabbaths last work wasnt with Dio, it was with Ozzy on the Reunion album.

At the end of the day, the Heaven & Hell stuff was never as big a deal as the original Sabbath reunion back in 1998, so quite frankly this will probably be more beneficial financially to Iommi, Ward and Butler than it will be to Sharon and Ozzy. At the end of the day, while Sabbath were living in relative obscurity, Ozzy was making a multi billion dollar career for himself as one of the few metal artists who had more than a metal following.

I will grant you that he gained most of that fame through the 'reality' tv show, but it doesnt stop the fact that financially Ozzy is the one to gain the least from a Sabbath reunion, and I dont see why Sharon, as big a cunt as she is, would give two shits about the Sabbath name other than to make more money off it.

But Sabbaths last work wasnt with Dio, it was with Ozzy on the Reunion album.

At the end of the day, the Heaven & Hell stuff was never as big a deal as the original Sabbath reunion back in 1998, so quite frankly this will probably be more beneficial financially to Iommi, Ward and Butler than it will be to Sharon and Ozzy. At the end of the day, while Sabbath were living in relative obscurity, Ozzy was making a multi billion dollar career for himself as one of the few metal artists who had more than a metal following.

I will grant you that he gained most of that fame through the 'reality' tv show, but it doesnt stop the fact that financially Ozzy is the one to gain the least from a Sabbath reunion, and I dont see why Sharon, as big a cunt as she is, would give two shits about the Sabbath name other than to make more money off it.

Not sure if you were talking to me or not but if you were I didn't say that there was a Sabbath album since the Reunion in '98 I just said that I hated to see the Dio stuff and the H&H stuff being overlooked and acted like it never happened. But while it's being brought up the Heaven&Hell band was Black Sabbath with a different name.

Never mind I realize now you were talking Keef.

I should probably pay attention more.

I disagree to be honest, I think it has a lot of potential to be a great album, I just dont think that it will be a proper sounding Sabbath album because their is no way they can recapture what they had in the 70s as the ingredients that made the 70s albums are gonna be totally different to the ingredients that will make an album now.

They were struggling musicians back then. First financially, then due to dependencies etc. It was a different era, and production techniques were as much a part of the Sabbath sound as were the band members themselves.

By my reckoning, it wont be a million miles removed from the sound of an Ozzy solo album.

I disagree to be honest, I think it has a lot of potential to be a great album, I just dont think that it will be a proper sounding Sabbath album because their is no way they can recapture what they had in the 70s as the ingredients that made the 70s albums are gonna be totally different to the ingredients that will make an album now.

They were struggling musicians back then. First financially, then due to dependencies etc. It was a different era, and production techniques were as much a part of the Sabbath sound as were the band members themselves.

By my reckoning, it wont be a million miles removed from the sound of an Ozzy solo album.

I agree....I just hope they come up with something worth listening to....if they attempt to sound like they did years ago it will end up as a mess...should be interesting at the very least.

Supposedly the new VH is in the classic mould, and to be honest, with a band like VH it is possible to recapture that sound. Sabbath though I think is impossible to go back to that sound without sounding contrived.

VH were a party band who always had great production. Sabbath will find it impossible to do a classic album in my opinion. I mean, going on the songs they did on the reunion album, it just sounded like Ozzy solo material to me.

I love both bands, but just cant bring myself to be excited about the Sabbath reunion purely based on the fact that they have done the reunion thing already, where as although VH has toured with Roth in recent years, and even recorded together on the greatest hits CD a few years ago, its the prospect of a world tour that I am hoping for.

Have seen VH with Hagar, and seen Roth solo, but I wanna see Roth fronted VH, and that hasnt happened in the UK since the early 80s.

I seem to remember hearing somewhere that the last time the Ozzy/Sabbath was making the rounds about ten years ago (doing OzzFest every other year, etc.) they attempted to work on a new record and had five or six songs already in the can when the project was abandoned cuz Ozzy started working on his MTV show. I wonder if they're just picking up where they left off w/that stuff, or if it's gonna be all new material