White Widdow / Wild Rose

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just watched this and just as I suspected (and I say this with all due respect Jules because you're a cool dude) , the pitch correction on the album is obviously very much needed...

Watch that and HEAR what I am talking about. White Widdow is a studio band , plain and simple...just like the highly overrated Eden's Curse fronted by that douchebag Michael "I started the whole bootleg craze with Ryan Northrup" Eden.

Sorry peeps , I am not a fan of autotune.

Well I just watched this and just as I suspected (and I say this with all due respect Jules because you're a cool dude) , the pitch correction on the album is obviously very much needed...

Watch that and HEAR what I am talking about. White Widdow is a studio band , plain and simple...just like the highly overrated Eden's Curse fronted by that douchebag Michael "I started the whole bootleg craze with Ryan Northrup" Eden.

Sorry peeps , I am not a fan of autotune.

Sorry mate, but the day I base my thoughts on an artist after seeing a youtube video shot by someone in the crowd, well, it won't happen. There is no way in the world you can gauge what was going on based on that. I saw Lindsay's video he posted for Crashdiet's 'Beautiful Pain' and having been there, I know that there is a full 100% polar opposite between what it sounded like live and what it sounds like on a tinny youtube recording. And same with Pete's video with Newman... it's all very entertaining to watch, but to rate a vocalist based on that... not at all fair, or remotely valid, imo.

Anyway, that said, I have seen The Deadthings and White Widdow about 6 times now, and they have never once disappointed. Jules puts everything into his perfomance each time, and if I'm being totally I honest, I actually possibly prefer his live vocal to the album vocals. Especially in the case of The Deadthings, where I was constantly asking why they sounded so good live, yet the production job on the CDs really let them down.

A couple of my mates were at Firefest and reported back that WW were pretty sloppy and generally very disappointing live, especially vocally (using backing tapes too, naughty boys). I wasn't there so can't really say, so maybe Glen can comment further.

A couple of my mates were at Firefest and reported back that WW were pretty sloppy and generally very disappointing live, especially vocally (using backing tapes too, naughty boys). I wasn't there so can't really say, so maybe Glen can comment further.

never heard of em using backing tapes before. this would surprise me if true...

• 1 month later...