Butch Walker And The Black Widows - 'The Spade'

Geoff

Agreed Geoff. My only hope at this point is that Butch's autobiography holds some good stuff. (And I'm pretty pissed that you can grab tracks (and a new one) through the iTunes store with the book, but nowhere else. Then again, I'm just a bitter old washout. I should just accept change and realize that it's all gravy. Oops, another example of words showing how old I am.)

Geoff, that's my dear wife, Kate Upton! (http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=27334) I was afraid she was getting jealous with my use of other women as my as siggy/avs and wanted her to know she still has my heart (and anything else she wants... the thing I pray she wants every day... 5 times a day... if I'm not too old to handle that without having a heart attack) and that I'm devoted to her. I'm honorable like that. :D

Agreed Geoff. My only hope at this point is that Butch's autobiography holds some good stuff. (And I'm pretty pissed that you can grab tracks (and a new one) through the iTunes store with the book, but nowhere else. Then again, I'm just a bitter old washout. I should just accept change and realize that it's all gravy. Oops, another example of words showing how old I am.)

Geoff, that's my dear wife, Kate Upton! (http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=27334) I was afraid she was getting jealous with my use of other women as my as siggy/avs and wanted her to know she still has my heart (and anything else she wants... the thing I pray she wants every day... 5 times a day... if I'm not too old to handle that without having a heart attack) and that I'm devoted to her. I'm honorable like that. :D

Wow, he has an autobigraphy out? I hadn't heard... man that excites me. Would love to read that one!

Oh Katie, Katie, Katie. How I remember now. I said it before and I'll say it again. I hope you're not offended by this (I can't see why this would offend a loving husband?) but mate, I really, really want to have sexual intercourse with your wife. ;)

I don't know if you do books on electronic readers, but supposedly, if you buy through the iBookstore or some crap like that, you can get the book and some songs.

Anyway, Amazon has the book and kindle version. Here's an ad: http://www.amazon.com/Drinking-Strangers-Lessons-Teenage-ebook/dp/B004XVN1KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319684661&sr=1-1.

I don't know if you do books on electronic readers, but supposedly, if you buy through the iBookstore or some crap like that, you can get the book and some songs.

Anyway, Amazon has the book and kindle version. Here's an ad: http://www.amazon.com/Drinking-Strangers-Lessons-Teenage-ebook/dp/B004XVN1KS/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1319684661&sr=1-1.

Nice. It is on my wishlist.

Here's an excerpt of the email he sent out on the release date of the book(I'd have posted it earlier, but I thought I deleted it. I just found it in the trash.):

Pick up “Drinking With Strangers: Lessons From A Teenage Bullet Belt” from:

- Amazon

- Barnes and Noble

- Indiebound

- iBookstore

There's also an enhanced version in the iBookstore that includes a few extras:

- Warrant for My Arrest an essay about Jani Lane

- 8 songs and lyrics, including the exclusive track "Are You Getting All the Love You Need?"

- classic photos not found in the insert

• 4 weeks later...

FYI, for all those who, in spite of being somewhat dismayed at his latest efforts, are big Butch fans, I read that not only is he now an author, but he is also in the process of putting together a documentary.

For what it's worth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Did anyone else end up getting Butch's bio?

It's' been awhile now since I read it, but I thought it was good. I felt there were some periods he glossed over in favor of spending a lot of time on others, but all in all, it was definitely worth the few bucks I shelled out for it. (That said, much as I love "hard copy" books, I wouldn't have minded doing the digital for the Jani essay. I'd say for the songs too, but with what I have heard lately, if there wasn't anything different in there, I don't know that It would have been worth it.)

I still don't have this but definitely plan to... if I ever get to read again. :(

Everybody poops Geoff, henceforth everybody can read...

On topic: I truly forgot about the book, but being a sucker for BW I will put it back on myto find list, along with that documentary and the latest recordings even if they may not be remotely good...