Black Sabbath Reunion w/Ozzy?

Fat Freddy

I've never heard of/seen the site that's pushing this "Exclusive" before so I honestly have no idea if this is true or not. What say you, folks? Could it be the real deal?? :unsure:

http://metaltalk.net/news/2010882.php#.TkmlZhhK3wC.facebook

EXCLUSIVE: ORIGINAL LINE-UP OF BLACK SABBATH HAVE REFORMED

15th August 2011: 1800 UK Time

black_sabbath_orig.jpg

The original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and have begun rehearsing for a forthcoming tour and possible new album.

While the MetalTalk.net troops converged on Bloodstock Festival, the spies went further afield to find Bill Ward and Geezer Butler lurking around in another part of the Midlands and today, we bring you our best ever exclusive and can tell you first that the original Black Sabbath line-up have reunited.

A decision was made fourteen days ago and this morning (Monday 15th August), Ozzy Osbourne, Tony Iommi, Geezer ('it will never happen') Butler, and Bill Ward gathered in their secret rehearsal studio and began the process of putting the show back on the road.

Much, much more to follow on this story. For now, the original line-up of Black Sabbath have reformed and will be back in action very soon...

It`s being discussed in the forum at black-sabbath.com but nothing official, would be great if it`s genuine :headbanger:

Any confirmation on this yet? Last night I kept checking Blabbermouth and BraveWords wondering if the story would be picked up by either of them, but so far, nothin'.

Well, looky what just popped up on Blabbermouth.net a few minutes ago... so I guess it is the real deal!! :woot:

It's Official: Reunited Original Lineup Of BLACK SABBATH Working On New Album - Aug. 16, 2011

BLACK SABBATH guitarist Tony Iommi has confirmed to Birmingham Mail that the band's original lineup has reunited and is rehearsing for a tour and new studio album.

Iommi and singer Ozzy Osbourne wrote new material in June for a record that will be released next year.

"We're really looking forward to it and I think the stuff we've been writing is really good," said Iommi. "It's more back to the old original stuff."

He added that the reunion has been kept under wraps for some time.

"It's all been very hush-hush. Ozzy's been the worst at trying to hold it back. He's doing a lot of TV and he's being asked stuff about a reunion and he's going, 'Well, I never say never.' He told me, 'I don't know what to say."

Iommi told the Birmingham Mail that his only concern about a reunion of BLACK SABBATH's original lineup was the health of drummer Bill Ward who in the past has suffered a heart attack.

"He hasn't been 100 percent. He had an operation a few months ago, so we'll see how he is."

Ozzy was asked by QMI Agency in a recent interview why the four members of SABBATH couldn't seem to agree on playing together again. Ozzy replied, "I haven't got a clue. If they want to call me, they can call me. I never say never. If it works, fine. If it don't, I'll move on. It ain't the end of the world. I ain't gonna get a box of Kleenex and cry my eyes out for the rest of my life."

Ozzy added, "I would love to do a great album with BLACK SABBATH. I would love to get the credit we so roundly deserve. At the same time, the pressure would be really intense. I could go tomorrow and make an album with them, but it wouldn't necessarily be something I would be proud of."

The original SABBATH lineup has not toured together since summer 2005, and last convened for their induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in early 2006.

SABBATH did try to record a new album 12 years ago, their first since 1978, but abandoned the attempt after just a couple of songs.

Osbourne and Iommi last year amicably resolved their problems over the ownership of the BLACK SABBATH name and court proceedings in New York were discontinued.

Ozzy filed a lawsuit against Iommi in May 2009, claiming that Iommi illegally took sole ownership of the band's name in a filing with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.

Osbourne sued Iommi for a 50 percent interest in the "Black Sabbath" trademark, along with a portion of Iommi's profits from use of the name.

The Manhattan federal court suit also charged that Osbourne's "signature lead vocals" are largely responsible for the band's "extraordinary success," noting that its popularity plummeted during his absence from 1980 through 1996.

Lawyer Andrew DeVore argued that Osbourne signed away all his rights to the BLACK SABBATH trademark after he quit the band in 1979.

Osbourne's lawyer, Howard Shire, called that agreement a "red herring" that was "repudiated" when the singer rejoined in 1997 and took over "quality control" of the band's merchandise, tours and recordings.

Guess I'm the only one here who could care less about this. Ozzy voice is shot and has been for awhile now.

Again... this is all for the mighty dollar. This isn't about the fans at all.

Seems to me a tad bit disrespectful to Ronnie James Dio... It's been just over a year since his passing and the band is now reforming with Ozzy who sued them just a few years ago over the Black Sabbath name.

Not Interested.

Honestly I was more excited about the Heaven & Hell reunion years ago (as I've always been a bigger fan of the Dio Sabbath lineup anyway), but this could still turn out to be cool, y'never know. As long as Ozzy throws himself "all in" and they keep Sharon locked in a closet throughout the proceedings... :rofl:

I guess this was to be expected sooner or later. I mean, what else is Iommi gonna do, get back together with Tony Martin and tour under the name "Headless Cross?" :blink:

Guess I'm the only one here who could care less about this. Ozzy voice is shot and has been for awhile now.

Seems to me a tad bit disrespectful to Ronnie James Dio... It's been just over a year since his passing and the band is now reforming with Ozzy who sued them just a few years ago over the Black Sabbath name.

Not Interested.

I was thinking the same thing as I saw this... CASH COW!

Tony just commented about what's going on with the band:

Tony Iommi Comments on Today's Posts:

I’m saddened that a Birmingham journalist whom I trusted has chosen this point in time to take a conversation we had back in June and make it sound like we spoke yesterday about a Sabbath reunion.

Thanks to the internet it’s now gone round the world as some sort of “official” statement on my part, absolute nonsense. I hope he’s enjoyed his moment of glory, he won’t have another

~source - Black Sabbath facebook page~

Yeah, I was just about to post that same thing, but Rick beat me to it.

*SIGH* I give up. I guess we'll just have to believe it when we see it, or hear it. Or don't. Whatever.

I'm not to interested in this as Ozzy can pull off the old songs and his recent solo output hasn't been very good either where at least with the H&H project RJD could still pull off the old stuff and the new stuff was stellar as well. I'd almost rather Geezer, Tony and Vinny carry on under a different name with a new vocalist or I'd love to see Iommi and Glenn Hughes do another disc together.

:gives:

Now if Glen Danzig reformed the original Misfits & the original G'N'R got back together, that would be AWESOME!!!!

I'm not to interested in this as Ozzy can pull off the old songs and his recent solo output hasn't been very good either where at least with the H&H project RJD could still pull off the old stuff and the new stuff was stellar as well. I'd almost rather Geezer, Tony and Vinny carry on under a different name with a new vocalist or I'd love to see Iommi and Glenn Hughes do another disc together.

You have hit the nail right on the head with Glen Hughes on vox,how bloody awesome would that be?

I never gave two shits about any other version of Sabbath (other than a few songs here and there) as the original line up is the only true Sabbath.

I had no desire to hear Heaven & Hell, and I would have even less interest in hearing a band fronted by any of their other vocalists over the years.

Ronnie, Glen, Tony or Ian are/were all good singers, and amongst them have a great catalogue of solo or side projects, but none of them are Sabbath.

Not Interested.

So you mean you do care about it? I think you mean you couldn't care less in which case I'd have to agree with you.

You have hit the nail right on the head with Glen Hughes on vox,how bloody awesome would that be?

It would be awesome as proven from the 3 albums he did with Iommie one of which was under the Sabbath name. If they did do it it would have to be under a new name or even just stick to the Iommi/Hughes name without Geezer or Vinny.

It would be awesome as proven from the 3 albums he did with Iommie one of which was under the Sabbath name. If they did do it it would have to be under a new name or even just stick to the Iommi/Hughes name without Geezer or Vinny.

I agree on that mate and Glen still has the voice to pull it off.