Anarchy In The UK

Nightrain

well i watched CNBC and the aftermath of Mark Duggan's death is ultimately scary, reminds me a lot to the chaos of Jakarta's 1998 riot. Hopefully everybody's here in UK, particularly London, are safe.

Please report here if there are any good development of the current crisis there

well i watched CNBC and the aftermath of Mark Duggan's death is ultimately scary, reminds me a lot to the chaos of Jakarta's 1998 riot. Hopefully everybody's here in UK, particularly London, are safe.

Please report here if there are any good development of the current crisis there

Seems quieter here today (I work in London and travel up at 6 a.m), but yesterday was chaos. Even on the trains on the way home there were hooded groups trying to rob people, in broad daylight. I got to the train station and had two teenage kids ask me to hand over my phone to them! This has now spread from the rougher parts of London to other parts of the country, even quite civilised cities (like Kent and Northampton). Crazy times.

I got to the train station and had two teenage kids ask me to hand over my phone to them!

Wouldnt have thought they'd want that brick :P

Yeah, its been pretty crazy stuff. Pretty much 90% of the goings on has absolutely nothing to do with protesting over an unlawful killing, but more just opportunist looting and criminality. Most of these people are just waiting for an excuse to vent their anger and hatred of society in general. Very sad state of affairs.

Thankfully I live some distance outside London and only work in the City so have been largely unaffected by the riots but I do feel very sorry for the innocent people who have had their livelihoods &/or homes destroyed by these thugs.

We had a few idiots here yesterday trying to cause trouble in MK, but the cops went in and broke heads (which they should have done in general days ago to be honest). Great fun to watch from my little red van as one of the scumbags got one right in the mouth from a rather large copper and started crying. Not much else here thank god, but I know parts of London and Manchester have had their moments shall we say. I think (and hope) the worst is over and these scumbag 'youths' get what will be coming to them. Glad to hear everyone is ok.

Haha! That's a cracking story Jez, I think everyone would like to see them all "twatted over" somewhat! Watched the Manchester bit on the news and it didn't seem there were as many as in London. I believe there were around 100 - 150....out of a city of 5 - 6 million ..... not bad should be able to sort it. Me I'd start using bullets ... real ones, if your there 30 mins after the trouble starts then obviously your there for 1 reason. Again as in good ol' London the Mancs community spirit came together and the centre was awash with people helping the tidy up from what I believe.

Not trying to get on a political pedestal here but all the do gooders saying you can't discipline a child have this at their feet, a lack of respect for authority for teachers, police or anyone but those who should have the authority don't have any powers to deal with miscreant kids. Add to that the Labour party who have deliberately created an underclass with their endless welfare payouts for people "who don't fancy working", an underclass created with the sole pirpose to ensure them votes in the polls have it at their feet too, pandering to the law on human rights is bollocks too, it's just a paycheck for lawyers but you can bet these scrotes will say their rights have been impinged somewhere along the line. At the end they and many of their parents are scumbags, dogs breed dogs...sterilise them too because they'll only breeed the same. They interviewed a couple of the looters on Radio Manchester and they could hardly string 2 words together .... the thick fucks didn't even seem to realise the contempt the reporter had for them...jeez for a hunting license!

• My Little Pony

Haha! That's a cracking story Jez, I think everyone would like to see them all "twatted over" somewhat! Watched the Manchester bit on the news and it didn't seem there were as many as in London. I believe there were around 100 - 150....out of a city of 5 - 6 million ..... not bad should be able to sort it. Me I'd start using bullets ... real ones, if your there 30 mins after the trouble starts then obviously your there for 1 reason. Again as in good ol' London the Mancs community spirit came together and the centre was awash with people helping the tidy up from what I believe.

Not trying to get on a political pedestal here but all the do gooders saying you can't discipline a child have this at their feet, a lack of respect for authority for teachers, police or anyone but those who should have the authority don't have any powers to deal with miscreant kids. Add to that the Labour party who have deliberately created an underclass with their endless welfare payouts for people "who don't fancy working", an underclass created with the sole pirpose to ensure them votes in the polls have it at their feet too, pandering to the law on human rights is bollocks too, it's just a paycheck for lawyers but you can bet these scrotes will say their rights have been impinged somewhere along the line. At the end they and many of their parents are scumbags, dogs breed dogs...sterilise them too because they'll only breeed the same. They interviewed a couple of the looters on Radio Manchester and they could hardly string 2 words together .... the thick fucks didn't even seem to realise the contempt the reporter had for them...jeez for a hunting license!

Harsh words, but absolutely true. Parents don't seem to want to raise their children. Instead they hand them over to the Almighty God of TV, Music and Video Games. Then they want to blame those mediums for poorly influencing the youth while they continue to neglect to teach their children how to be a proper, civilized, contributing member of society. As much as I wanna beat some of these kids with a lead pipe, my anger is primarily directed at the assholes who neglected to raise them. I work with a lot of kids in this particular situation. My heart bleeds for them. They don't seem to have a chance.

I was messing with the sterilization bit...I thought I'd throw that in to create a bit of contraversy I'm not some complete right wing nut job haha! But honestly you see these types everyday swearing at their kids, abusing people who complain about their objectional behaviour, wrecking communities with their behaviour and dragging everything down with them, why on earth would you want to live like that - it's not just a poverty issue, in the depressions of the past no-one was this feral, it's a case of lack of moral guidance and a lack of any consequence when they do something wrong - these people know they're doing wrong but they don't give a fuck. Their kids have no chance in life and you truly have to feel sorry for them, but the thing is because of their lazy assed and complacent parents they know no better.

Pity .... who know what these kids could have done given a decent upbringing and some good moral guidance, they could have added something to the world rather than drag it down.

Been watching this on the news here in the U.S. -- insanity!! I'm glad to hear that the cops are finally "busting heads."

Saw this bit on Facebook this afternoon... apparently these idiots burned down a warehouse in London that served as a U.K./Ireland distribution hub for most of the major independent record labels ... so these small companies just watched all of their stock go up in smoke. :angry:

sony-blaze-reuters.jpg

London rioters set fire to the UK and Ireland’s largest distributor of independent labels this week, burning CDs and vinyl belonging to over one hundred and sixty independent labels.

The Sony/PIAS distribution warehouse, which formerly stood in the Enfield neighbourhood of London, was burnt to the ground in the early hours of Tuesday morning (9 August), leaving a crippling amount of music labels with no stock.

WARP Records (Sheffield), Faith and Hope (Manchester) and Dance to the Radio (Leeds) have all been affected by the blaze, with Beggars Group (Matador, XL, Rough Trade, 4AD, True Panther, Young Turks, Too Pure) in London losing their entire UK stock – 750,000 copies, in all.

Deeply saddened that the independent music scene, an already-fragile sector of society, has been so massively hit, we spoke to Simon Raymonde of London-based label Bella Union (Fleet Foxes) and Sean Adams of music website DrownedinSound to find out what we, as music fans, can do to help get indie labels back on their feet…

Full article:

http://www.sevenstreets.com/music-and-listening/support-your-indie-record-label/