• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final straw - Losing to fucking Pompy. I dispair, I really do :crying:

That was a very disappointing result, look forward to Ian`s comment/s :popcorn:

look forward to Ian`s comment/s :popcorn:

So do I ... ! ;)

:popcorn:

Bernd, after last nights 2-1 win over Madrid, what do you think of their chances of progressing to the final?

I was torn over who I wanted to win, like to watch both teams but thought maybe Madrid v Barcelona final would be more of a spectacle.

The final straw - Losing to fucking Pompy. I dispair, I really do :crying:

That was a very disappointing result, look forward to Ian`s comment/s :popcorn:

Not surprising really as we aren't playing well at the moment and Pompey need all the points they can get to stay up.

Bernd, after last nights 2-1 win over Madrid, what do you think of their chances of progressing to the final?

I was torn over who I wanted to win, like to watch both teams but thought maybe Madrid v Barcelona final would be more of a spectacle.

If next week Bayern play the way they played yesterday they might even have a chance to get to the finals. For me this would be sensational, of course, as I live in Munich. Madrid v Barcelona already took place three times this year and Barca won every time. Not sure how much of a spectacle that will be. Bayern need to stabilize their defence and use the many chances they are given in the front (Gomez).

If next week Bayern play the way they played yesterday they might even have a chance to get to the finals. For me this would be sensational, of course, as I live in Munich. Madrid v Barcelona already took place three times this year and Barca won every time. Not sure how much of a spectacle that will be. Bayern need to stabilize their defence and use the many chances they are given in the front (Gomez).

Could well be Chelsea vs Munich after last night !

That I would love to see. Would be much better than Madrid vs Barca imo.

I forgot to mention,Palace = What a bunch of fuckin' jokers :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Best to remember that there is always someone much worse off than yourself ...isn't there Ian?? :whistle:

Utd are blowing it, as long as we don`t lose at City next week :angry2:

that should be a belter now - Utd have really slipped up here...very unlike them!!

that should be a belter now - Utd have really slipped up here...very unlike them!!

Yeah, I really hope United win though. I hate Man City more than just about anything, including Charlton, QPR, Simon Cowell ... for me they are at the same level as Ricky Gervais and tooth infection.

Yeah, I really hope United win though. I hate Man City more than just about anything, including Charlton, QPR, Simon Cowell ... for me they are at the same level as Ricky Gervais and tooth infection.

:lol:

Yeah but Utd always win, so would be good for a change. I think they will sack Mancini even if he wins to be honest. I think Mourhino is on his way back, with a fat wage and a massive warchest!

Yeah but Utd always win, so would be good for a change. I think they will sack Mancini even if he wins to be honest. I think Mourhino is on his way back, with a fat wage and a massive warchest!

Have to agree to disagree on that one. Chelsea may have bought titles in the past, but this is that times 1000. Man City were shit and then one of the richest men in the world comes along and they can buy anyone. It's ridiculous. Completely undeserved success - at least Man U and Arsenal have a balance of a few big signings and players coming through the youth system, plus the money they generate is on the back of previous success. Man City is everything I hate about football clubs and Balotelli is everything I hate about professional footballers! I'd love to see the big investor walk away, wash his hands of them and leave them with massive liabilities.

Football has been broken for some time, but if Man City successfully buy the title, it will show just how soulless the Premier League is.

Have to agree to disagree on that one. Chelsea may have bought titles in the past, but this is that times 1000. Man City were shit and then one of the richest men in the world comes along and they can buy anyone. It's ridiculous. Completely undeserved success - at least Man U and Arsenal have a balance of a few big signings and players coming through the youth system, plus the money they generate is on the back of previous success. Man City is everything I hate about football clubs and Balotelli is everything I hate about professional footballers! I'd love to see the big investor walk away, wash his hands of them and leave them with massive liabilities.

Football has been broken for some time, but if Man City successfully buy the title, it will show just how soulless the Premier League is.

Well said :beerbang:

Of course I do agree with you...to a certain extent.

You could argue though that City & Chelsea were only playing 'catch up' with the likes of ManU, Arsenal, Liverpool etc who have been spending big for years prior.

ManU & Arsenal have previously done the same thing in essence but by a different route by delving into the bond markets and issuing securities to the tune of £500M & £250M respectively, both of which are in the process of being paid off and accruing massive interest charges. Hence their massive net debt.

New rules are of course coming in - is it next year or the year after? - whereby clubs will be required to balance their books, and surprisingly Abramovich and the City guy (cant recall his name) are the biggest supporters of that notion - WTF eh? The thing is everyone points the finger and says that City & Chelsea will be in problems, which they may, but they won't be alone. A lot of the smaller clubs will have issues as well. Taking a look at clubs whose wages represent more than 80% of t/o and the following will all be up shit creek -

Aston Villa

Wigan

Bolton

Newcastle (nobody ever accuses them of 'buying' their 3rd spot???!)

Sunderland

Blackburn

WBA

So in essence the premier league has been 'soulless' for some time and certainly before City took off.

And in any case surely it is every football supporters dream to have a rich owner take an interest in their club? You meaning to say that you wouldnt be doing cartwheels if suddenly Palace had a new owner and a huge warchest with which to make an assault on the premier league?? I sure as hell would love some rich b*stard to buy Southend and get them back on the road to glory lol !!

The next case in question is Reading. Promoted, deserved. Big time owner now in place....bound to invest in the club now - will they be the next to have the finger pointed and accused of buying success???

Cheers

Nice post Glen, well put. The main difference for me is that Man U and Arsenal have generated money from being successful on the field for years, whereas Man City (as well as other clubs like QPR, Southampton, etc) have done nothing to earn their (relative) success - it's non-football money and they've just been handed success on a plate. Personally, I resent QPR, as on merit we have been better than them for about 15 years, yet now they are in the top flight completely undeservedly because someone decided to invest their money in the club. (A bizarre decision in that case - where's the market in West London with 2 very rich clubs there already?) The same applies with Man U and Man C; one has earnt its success, the others has been handed it on a plate.

Yes, I would like someone to invest in Palace, but not on a Man City or QPR scale. £2-4M on players to generate some excitement and possibly success would be fantastic, but not an amount that would guarantee promotion. I'd like to support a club that retains at least some of its soul.

The whole system with big investors owning the whole club has already ruined many clubs and will explode eventually, not only in the UK, but also in other countries, i.e. Spain and Italy. Either the investor will go bancrupt or drain the club financially and invest the money elsewhere (Liverpool) or lose interest completely. Look at Real Madrid. Debts of nearly half a billion Euros !

As I mentioned before in Germany exists a law that prevents any investor to own more than 49% of any football club.

One step closer.........

Cracking game last night...Chelsea rode their luck but their defensive performance was amazing.

& the Torres goal at the end just made me laugh....his mistake left him further up field than he should have been and when the ball broke he was 40 yards clear lol !! Could nt make it up.

One step closer.........

Cracking game last night...Chelsea rode their luck but their defensive performance was amazing.

& the Torres goal at the end just made me laugh....his mistake left him further up field than he should have been and when the ball broke he was 40 yards clear lol !! Could nt make it up.

Yeah that was classic. Good finish though, even if his all-round game is (as it always was) terrible. Chelsea need to play him as an out-and-out striker who plays on the last defender and doesn't have to track-back, then he'll get goals.

Barcelona were frankly pretty predictable and don't have enough pace in their play to stretch the game. Means they're always liable to a defeat if a team is well organised or lucky enough (not many are!) I reckon Chelsea versus Madrid...

One step closer.........

Yeah that was classic. Good finish though, even if his all-round game is (as it always was) terrible. Chelsea need to play him as an out-and-out striker who plays on the last defender and doesn't have to track-back, then he'll get goals.

Barcelona were frankly pretty predictable and don't have enough pace in their play to stretch the game. Means they're always liable to a defeat if a team is well organised or lucky enough (not many are!) I reckon Chelsea versus Madrid...

..Agreed that it was a great game, but you both forgot to add that, pardon my French, John Terry is a complete and utter c**t and a disgrace to football!!The quicker the footballing world forgets about him the better imo.

Chelsea were bloody lucky yesterday. After the first 2 goals and Terry sent off I thought they would be slaughtered. And they should have been ! Why in hell didn't Barcelona then pull back and let Chelsea attack ?? Too predictable as you said, Tim.

But tonight it will be another HOT game !! I am not 100% convinced Bayern will succeed, but I certainly hope they do. All they need to do is to tighten their defence and score at least one goal. Nothing's as easy as that, right ?!?! ;)

Bayern , GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!! :headbanger: :headbanger: