Club football 2011/12

Wotty

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Job security = A Youth team player at Man City,at least Utd. give youth a go........ :whistle:

Yep, another reason I despise Man City so much. Man U often have players who have come through the ranks, Man City have just outright bought the title, moreso than any club has before. I can't see the point of Man City even having a youth team.

Went to Fulham v Sunderland yesterday as I had a free ticket. Premiership football is sooooo much better than what I'm used to watching!

Job security = A Youth team player at Man City,at least Utd. give youth a go........ :whistle:

Yep, another reason I despise Man City so much. Man U often have players who have come through the ranks, Man City have just outright bought the title, moreso than any club has before. I can't see the point of Man City even having a youth team.

Went to Fulham v Sunderland yesterday as I had a free ticket. Premiership football is sooooo much better than what I'm used to watching!

I NEVER hoped Man Utd would win the title as much as I do this season,it seems extremely unlikely,but I agree with James,City seem to have bought the title........

Well bought it or whatever they won it & I think it is hilarious!!! Just to see ManU & Fergie suffer is blissful. Very noisy now aren't they!

Gutted. Really, really gutted. Man City pissed me off, but QPR annoyed me even more. One club that does not deserve its success in buying the title and another that does not deserve to be in the Prem. Both were pretty rubbish when the money came along - none of it generated through football. Hate these clubs. :angryfire:

Gutted. Really, really gutted. Man City pissed me off, but QPR annoyed me even more. One club that does not deserve its success in buying the title and another that does not deserve to be in the Prem. Both were pretty rubbish when the money came along - none of it generated through football. Hate these clubs. :angryfire:

As I said before no point in hating clubs for playing catch up - others have been doing it for years (yes ManU) only by other means - and their fans have had the gall to slate other clubs which were not so affluent - spare no sorrow for Utd.

As I said before no point in hating clubs for playing catch up - others have been doing it for years (yes ManU) only by other means - and their fans have had the gall to slate other clubs which were not so affluent - spare no sorrow for Utd.

Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for Man U at all, I just resent Man City's bought success. The difference between Man U - a worldwide brand, bringing in lots of money from footballing success and related merchandise and Man City - a bottom half top flight club suddenly being given the means to buy any player for any price is huge. I can't begrudge Man U buying players when most of their money is earnt through football and they gradually add to their squad over the seasons, also bringing in youth players, whereas Man City's squad is completely fabricated from nothing. Stepford FC!

I'm sick of the mega-rich, money mad Premier tbh. The football can be amazing to watch, but at what price?

Congrats to City for buying,err I mean winning the Title,but thanks to Utd for the,"fuckin' hell we've won it,then the no we ain't"expressions.......Priceless !!!!

I agree to some extent, but as long as QPR stayed up I couldn't have given a toss about anything else. I'm actually proud of how well we played, especially given we have Joey Barton desperately trying to lose the game for us by being a twat. And given 2 weeks ago we totally caved-in against Chelsea. We deserved to stay-up. Bolton beat us 3 weeks ago after we scored a goal that crossed the line and wasn't given, so they can have no complaints about yesterday. They had to win. We didn't. I'm personally glad City won it as they've played the best football all year, and scored the most goals. Man Utd didn't deserve anything. Sure we've spent cash, but most of that was wasted by Neil Warnock on players like Barton/Wright-Phillips/Anton Ferdinand - who have all done nothing. Our best players (Mackie/Taraabt) were there before...

How exciting was all that, real edge of the armchair stuff, I was shouting at the tv as I couldn`t believe what I was seeing, when Barton (a disgrace) was sent off I thought it was all over, City nearly blew it but absolutely deserved the championship.

Utd`s final position and points tally was a little flattering in my opinion and they need to improve their team by buying some top quality players.

Well done Man City

I agree to some extent, but as long as QPR stayed up I couldn't have given a toss about anything else. I'm actually proud of how well we played, especially given we have Joey Barton desperately trying to lose the game for us by being a twat. And given 2 weeks ago we totally caved-in against Chelsea. We deserved to stay-up. Bolton beat us 3 weeks ago after we scored a goal that crossed the line and wasn't given, so they can have no complaints about yesterday. They had to win. We didn't. I'm personally glad City won it as they've played the best football all year, and scored the most goals. Man Utd didn't deserve anything. Sure we've spent cash, but most of that was wasted by Neil Warnock on players like Barton/Wright-Phillips/Anton Ferdinand - who have all done nothing. Our best players (Mackie/Taraabt) were there before...

Nice response mate, glad for you (I didn't know there was a QPR fan on here). The money situation has ruined football and I just have to vent about it now and then. Also part of the reason for my dislike of your club is the whole Neil Warnock thing; I know he's long gone, but these things take time to heal. And as for Mark Hughes... :cussing:

No doubt that your lot deserved to stay up - I saw the run-in you had with about 10 games left and thought you'd finish bottom. By far the toughest run of games of the bottom six clubs, yet managed to survive.

Yeah and on the flip side of that, sure Man City have splashed cash since 2008/9, BUT this cash has to be wisely spent (not wasted) on quality players who can influence a game.....look at Liverpool, they splashed millions on Carroll and Saurez and they were shite, lets not beat around the bush on this. Chelsea spent millions on Torres and he's been a donkey ever since.

Mancini might have been gifted cash, but he's still had the vision to put together a winning side and to make those players gel and operate as a team which is no mean feat. For me the key area & difference between Utd and City at the moment is midfield. Its a fact that City have spent circa £80M since 2008 on midfielders whereas Utd have spent exactly zilch...leading to the weird situation where Ferguson has to ask Scholes to come out of retirement to fill a key position. City's best signing has be to Toure - he has been instrumental in turning big games this season and if utd want to compete in 2012/13 they will need to buy to counter Toure and the City midfield.

Looks as tho Fergie has been given a £100M warchest for the summer so it will be interesting to see how he spends it. Fergie is a wise old donkey tho and you could hardly accuse him of poor spending unlike some of the other clubs. I hope that Utd are strengthened to the point whereby next season will be as exciting as this one.

We can only hope.........

League 2 for another season :-(

Gutted for you mate. Really wanted to see Southend go up.

They put in a spirited home effort (2-2) but was too little too late...they rode their luck as well in the first as Crewe could have gone in at half time 0-3

They put in a spirited home effort (2-2) but was too little too late...they rode their luck as well in the first as Crewe could have gone in at half time 0-3

Was looking forward to you maybe coming up to see The Dons play Southend and have a few beers aswell. Maybe next season.

Was looking forward to you maybe coming up to see The Dons play Southend and have a few beers aswell. Maybe next season.

indeed. :drink:

Blackpool v West Ham............I quite fancy West Ham to nick it.

Nice change ;-) in fairness they deserved it after being so clear in 3rd spot

Well I've finally seen a german team lose on penalties. BM were better on the night but missed so many opportunities. Chelsea grafted tho and deserve to win after so many years.

Well I've finally seen a german team lose on penalties. BM were better on the night but missed so many opportunities. Chelsea grafted tho and deserve to win after so many years.

Well done Chelsea.... :bananamac: :bananamac: :bananamac: