Favourite song of 2011

In 2008 it was an easy choice, Wildest Dreams from BROTHER FIRETRIBE, in 2009 it was Caroline from THE POODLES and in 2010 it was Chemical from CRASHDIET

But so far in 2011 I'm having a tough time finding a really good one that blows me away. Although the better releases of the year should be coming out in the second half of the year, so maybe I just haven't heard it yet.

Here are my favs so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS4-mvXyxBw&feature=related

Brilliant song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usTEnERgLtc

Easily the best ballad so far this year, my wife asked me if I had a stiffy when I first heard it. Although as good as the pre-chorus and chorus are, the verses are not that great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3klAEgIuOA

My frontrunner at the moment, a blissfull chorus and the rest of the song is great as well. The Poodles have to be my fav band of the past 5 years. Caroline was my pick in '09, One Night Of Passion was up there in '06 and Band Of Brothers was my fav track of '07. They don't release the best or most complete albums, they all have some fillers, however their good songs are freakin' killers.

So what's your pick so far for 2011?

please add a video or a sample if possible. :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

My frontrunner at the moment, a blissfull chorus and the rest of the song is great as well. The Poodles have to be my fav band of the past 5 years. Caroline was my pick in '09, One Night Of Passion was up there in '06 and Band Of Brothers was my fav track of '07. They don't realease the best albums, they all have some fillers, however their good songs are freakin' killers.

My favourite from Performocracy is probably "Into the Quiet Night." It's actually probably my favourite track of the year.

Other favourites, granted I'm behind on this year's releases, are:

Put Your Arms Around Me - Electric Boys (I know you girls are too busy hatin' on the new Electric Boys, but I'm lovin' 'em!)

Queen of the Night - Lovex (I just love those horns!)

Undertow - Mr. Big (Did any of us really expect Mr. Big to come back like this?!!)

One of These Days - Whitesnake (Such a beautiful song)

http://youtu.be/JrCyVXIyPVY

It's going to be something off Toby Hitchcock - probably 'Tear Down The Barricades'. Totally awesome song.

Aside from that I love the following

The Great Fall - Work Of Art

Emergency - Miss Behaviour

Rivers Of Destiny - Edens Curse

Love Song - Ten

Outloud - The Night That Never Ends

Night Ranger - End Of The Day

Destrophy - It Ends Tonight

Bad Habit - everytime You Cry

• My Little Pony

I like how you started off listing song followed by artist, then you switched it up halfway. It had me confused for a bit.

"Now That It's Over" - FarCry

"Best of Me" - FarCry

"Undertow" - MR Big

"All the Way Up" - MR Big

"Love Will Set You Free" - Whitesnake

"Tell Me How" - Whitesnake

"On the Road" - Hell in the Club

"Save Me" - Black Country Communion

"Feel Your Spirit" - Black Country Communion

"Cyberfreak" - Scheepers

"Saints of Tomorrow" - Edens Curse

"Rivers of Destiny" - Edens Curse

"Bang" - Benedictum

"Epsilon" - Benedictum

"Cuts Like a Knife" - The Poodles

"Bring Back the Night" - The Poodles

"Fools Bleed" - Black N Blue

"Target" - Black N Blue

"The Last Straw" - Warrant

"Dustys Revenge" - Warrant

"I Remember You" - Reece/Kronlund

"King of Your Dreams" - Voodoo Circle

"I'm in Heaven" - Voodoo Circle

"Walk In Neon" - Symfonia

There's probably 50 others I could name but right now my fav of 2011 is:

"Samurai" - Reece/Kronlund

2011 has been a shit year for me thus far in terms of buying CDs. There are lots 'n' lots that I'd like to get but haven't had time/$$$ to buy'em with. F*ckin' economy...

So anyway, as of right now the only 2011 releases I've heard have been the new Stryper and Anvil. And with only those two to choose from I'd have to go with this track off of Anvil's JUGGERNAUT OF JUSTICE...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GXTzMWJUa8

It's going to be something off Toby Hitchcock - probably 'Tear Down The Barricades'. Totally awesome song.

Aside from that I love the following

The Great Fall - Work Of Art

Emergency - Miss Behaviour

Rivers Of Destiny - Edens Curse

Love Song - Ten

Outloud - The Night That Never Ends

Night Ranger - End Of The Day

Destrophy - It Ends Tonight

Bad Habit - everytime You Cry

A few more corkers -

Airrace - Two Of A Kind

Bai Bang - Come On

Lovex - Queen of the Night

Lionville - Thunder In My Heart

Coldspell - Seven Wonders

Shakra - Back On Track

Hell In The Club - On The Road

On reflection though there are at least 4 songs on the Toby Hitchcock which are better than any of these songs. Such is the quality of that album!

TOP 5 for me are (though after one spin of Toby Hitchcock I'd expect at least one to end high on this list)...

1. ALYSON AVENUE - Will I Make Love

2. TRIVIUM - In Waves

3. FALLING IN REVERSE - Sink or Swim

4. DAVID COOK - Circadian

5. WILLIAMS/FRIESTEDT - Say Goodbye

TOP 5 for me are (though after one spin of Toby Hitchcock I'd expect at least one to end high on this list)...

IMHO every song on the new Toby Hitchcock is better than that tune :P

The song I like the most on the Alyson Avenue is 'Amazing Days'....even if it does rip off Mitch Malloy's 'Nobody Wins In This War'.

Cheers

IMHO every song on the new Toby Hitchcock is better than that tune :P

You're probably not far off. Although I like all those albums I've listed there has been no major league album this year (like Treat/H.E.A.T/First Signal from last year), until the Hitchcock disc IMO. Night Ranger is a big album but it doesn't have a big standout tune for me. Frankly there are probably 3 or 4 songs on Toby Hitchcock's disc that are as good if not better than most in my list...

P.s. I still think the Alyson Avenue disc is damn good...

Can't believe no one else is talking about Reece/Kronlund "Samurai".

That tune is monsterous IMO.

well, its a decent rocking tune, with a slightly dodgy chorus..............surely 'My Angel Wears White' destroys it tho ??! I think that 'solid' is the right title for this album cos whilst it has a few standouts it is definitely solid, but not more.....

Some of my faves so far:

Bad Habit - In The Heat Of The Night (even though the rest of the album was boooring)

Lionville - Thunder In Your Heart

Mr. Big - American Beauty

Night Ranger - Time Of Our Lives

Rob Moratti - Power Of Love

Airrace - What More Do You Want From Me

Robin Beck - Baby I'm Not A Bitch

well, its a decent rocking tune, with a slightly dodgy chorus..............surely 'My Angel Wears White' destroys it tho ??! I think that 'solid' is the right title for this album cos whilst it has a few standouts it is definitely solid, but not more.....

I absolutely love the album and it gets better with each spin and sure "My Angel Wears White" is awesome but "Samurai" is just killer IMO and the chorus is in no way "dodgy".

I absolutely love the album and it gets better with each spin and sure "My Angel Wears White" is awesome but "Samurai" is just killer IMO and the chorus is in no way "dodgy".

lol, I think it is............

I'm not sure exactly what dodgy means but I'll just leave this to differing opinions I guess. :tumbsup:

• My Little Pony

I'm not sure exactly what dodgy means but I'll just leave this to differing opinions I guess. :tumbsup:

You can leave it alone, but now I'm curious as to what his definition of "dodgy" is.

The 2 stand-outs for me so far:

'She should have been an angel' - 7th Heaven

'Oh My God' - Sixx AM

A lot of other good 'uns from Bai Bang and Miss Behaviour especially, and that one by Hell in the Club, which is my 3rd fave song of the year. Can't remember the title - song 4, I think. Hopefully I get a second tomorrow to have a decent go at this thread.

• My Little Pony

'Oh My God' - Sixx AM

Oh, yeah. Two fantastic tracks. I still need to pick up that 7th Heaven disc. How is their Jukebox release(s)?

'Oh My God' - Sixx AM

Oh, yeah. Two fantastic tracks. I still need to pick up that 7th Heaven disc. How is their Jukebox release(s)?

I don't have the Jukebox thing either. Maybe one day.

Indeed they are two amazing songs. Far ahead of the pack for me, but here are the next best:

'Good enough' - Adelitas Way

'Heart in your hands'- Trust Company

'You're not alone' - The Blackout

'Keep on moving' - The Blackout

'What happened to emotion (Killing me)' - Forever The Sickest Kids

'Since you're not here' - Hell In The Club / 3rd best song of 2011 so far

'Cynthia' - Miss Behaviour

'Emergency' - Miss Behaviour

'The other way' - A Change of Pace

'Confession' - Coldrain

'Never should have let you go' - Saliva

'Shout' - Syndicate

'No Return' - Victory

And a few tracks of the Destrophy, David Cook and Stealing Eden discs, as well as Toby Hitchcock. All have too many to pinpoint, and the quality is so high it's hard to pick clear winners.

• 3 months later...

Here's my top 20 - pretty dominated by 4 albums!!!

1. Toby Hitchcock - Tear Down The Barricades

2. The Magnificent - Lost

3. Toby Hitchcock - Just Say Goodbye

4. The Magnificent - Smoke & Fire

5. Vain - Worship You

6. Steel Panther - Gold Digging Whore

7. The Magnificent - Angel (best ballad)

8. Work Of Art - Castaway

9. Work Of Art - Never Love Again

10. Toby Hitchcock - Summer Nights In Cabo (best solo)

11. Miss Behaviour - Emergency

12. Steel Panther - Tomorrow Night

13. Work Of Art - Emelie

14. Work Of Art - The Great Fall

15. The Magnificent - Cheated By Love

16. White Widdow - How Far I Run

17. Shy - Ran Out Of Time

18. Steel Panther - Let Me Cum In

19. Bai Bang - Come On

20. Lovex - Queen Of The Night

Summary

1-5 = 10

6-9 = 9.75

10-20 = 9.5

This is my list as of today (without ratings yet for Vain, Magnificent, Issa, Kimball/Jamison, Shotgun Alley, James Durbin amongst others):

1. Shy - Over you

2. Sixx AM - Oh my god

3. 7th Heaven - She should have been an angel

4. Reckless Love - Fantasy

5. Toby Hitchcock - How to stop

6. Adelita's Way - Good enough

And then these ones not in order yet... maybe later in the year, but I gave them all the same score (9.5):

Destrophy - Closer

Toby Hitchcock - Let go

Toby Hitchcock - One day I'll stop loving you

Toby Hitchcock - I should have said

Toby Hitchcock - Summer nights in Cabo

Trust Company - Heart in my hands

Trust Company - Almost there

Bad Habit - In the heat of the night

Forever The Sickest Kids - What happened to emotion (Killing me)

Stealing Eden - Better off

Simple Plan - Gone too soon

Simple Plan - Last one standing

Hell In The Club - Since you're not here

Lovex - Time of your life

A Change of Pace - The other way

Work Of Art - Never love again

Work Of Art - Until you believe

Work Of Art - Emelie

Yellowcard - Sing for me

3 Doors Down - Heaven

Xorigin - Crying for you

Mr Big - All the way up

Syndicate - Shout

Saliva - Never should have let you go

Moritz - Should've been gone

Reckless Love - Hot

Reckless Love - On the radio

Shy - Only for the night

Steel Panther - 17 girls in a row

Steel Panther - Gold digging whore

White Widdow - Cry wolf

White Widdow - Strangers in the night

White Widdow - Reckless nights

White Widdow - How far I run

Daughtry - Louder than ever

Hedley - Bullet for your dreams

surprised you dont rate 'Emergency'...that is still bordering on perfection for me.

That's actually one of the CDs I've pinpointed in my list as possibly being under-rated, so I'm going to check it out again. For your peace of mind, my 9.25's:

Trust Company - Letting go

Trust Company - We are the ones

Miss Behaviour - Cynthia

Miss Behaviour - Emergency

Bai Bang - Die for you

Work Of Art - Call on me

Work Of Art - Castaway

Xorigin - Can't keep running

Mr Big - Undertow

Oliver Weers - Hero

Reckless Love - Dirty dreams

Shy - Ran out of time