screamercd

So I have been after an original copy of Roko - S/T for a little while, its pressed in West Germany on Polydor. If anyone has any of the original Polydor West Germany pressed CDs, you know what they look like. Pretty think, Made In West Germany pressed in the inner ring. So I ended up winning a copy from screamercd on ebay (Ryan from Metal Mayhem). When it arrives, its a bootleg, the inner ring just says "Roko", nothing like a real West Germany Pressed CD, fresh ink smell on the booklet. I can scan it and post pics if anyone is interested. Just screams bootleg. This really sucks because I've bought from him in the past with no problems. I even asked him before I bid if it was the real deal and he told me yes (because I already know a lot of bootlegs are floating around of this CD, getting kind of hard to find a legitimate copy). I bet most of the people here on the board have bought from him or from Metal Mayhem before, I was pretty disappointed to say the least. Anyway, filed a Paypal dispute and he apologized and said he didn't realize it was a boot (one of the biggest collectors out there who owns his own record label and he didn't know? I was born at night but not last night man. So whatever, I knew he was full of it but he refunded my money. I haven't sent the CD back yet. Low and behold he has another auction going with another copy for sale. Now it ain't the copy he sold me cuz I still have it. So looks like some of Ryan's stuff he is selling under his screamercd ID are bootlegs, so be careful.

This really pisses me off because he purposefully tried to rip me off (because I asked him before I bid and he said it was a legitimate pressing) then lied about it when I called him out on passing me off a bootleg because he said he didn't know it was. Needless to say he has lost a customer and any sort of respect I had for him.

So DON'T bid on the Roko CD he has up now unless you don't care about getting a bootleg copy.

Unfortunately this is happening just way too often. Seems anybody these days can silver press a few hundred CDs and booklets and try to make some money. Good for you for spotting it and opening a dispute. You're right about him re-listing another as he obviously tried to pull one over you.

Funny thing is I have no problem with people or auctions labelling a CD as a private press or a bootleg, even though I wouldn't buy one. I would actually look at their items knowing they were honest and gave a crap about the people looking to buy the CD.

Anyway, filed a Paypal dispute and he apologized and said he didn't realize it was a boot (one of the biggest collectors out there who owns his own record label and he didn't know? I was born at night but not last night man.

:christmas:

My thoughts exactly. He said the same words to me when I've got the bootleg Damien cd. He still sells copies of it though...

There are so many boots out there and just about everything has been booted or soon will be....the only question I ask sellers these days is if it is silver pressed and I only pay reasonable prices since I know the odds are I'll end up with a boot...

• My Little Pony

It's getting ridiculous. Is there a thread on here about how to spot boots? I mean, I still consider myself a rookie, and I'd like to learn as much as I can.

It's getting ridiculous. Is there a thread on here about how to spot boots? I mean, I still consider myself a rookie, and I'd like to learn as much as I can.

I think it just comes with seeing a LOT of CDs throughout the years and knowing how to spot a legitimately old CD vs a CD pressed recently. Its pretty easy to tell after you see enough of them. Some boots however are very hard to tell vs others (most are just blatantly boots from my experience).

One suggesting is starting a category of thread where people can scan images of their CDs in question and post it so others can check it out and compare it to their CDs. That would be helpful I think.

I think it just comes with seeing a LOT of CDs throughout the years and knowing how to spot a legitimately old CD vs a CD pressed recently. Its pretty easy to tell after you see enough of them. Some boots however are very hard to tell vs others (most are just blatantly boots from my experience).

One suggesting is starting a category of thread where people can scan images of their CDs in question and post it so others can check it out and compare it to their CDs. That would be helpful I think.

there was a thread started a while back listing cds that had been booted and peoople were posting images in there.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13012&hl=bootlegs&st=0

anyone picked up KK Wilde from screamercd? Opinions?

• My Little Pony

anyone picked up KK Wilde from screamercd? Opinions?

After everything that's been said, would you still take a chance with him?

there was a thread started a while back listing cds that had been booted and peoople were posting images in there.

http://heavyharmonies.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=13012&hl=bootlegs&st=0

I thought there was. Thanks.

I know everyone doesn't want to pay the shipping but a lot of Japanese sellers are mixing indies in with their Japan pressed cd auctions. I'm sure it has happened but I have NEVER seen a Japanese seller sell a boot Japan pressed cd, let alone anything else. They take way too much pride in what they are selling.

If you find an indie being sold by a long time Japanese seller, it's 99.9999999% legit. Unfortunately, I can't say that about U.S. sellers... It's a shame.

I know everyone doesn't want to pay the shipping but a lot of Japanese sellers are mixing indies in with their Japan pressed cd auctions. I'm sure it has happened but I have NEVER seen a Japanese seller sell a boot Japan pressed cd, let alone anything else. They take way too much pride in what they are selling.

If you find an indie being sold by a long time Japanese seller, it's 99.9999999% legit. Unfortunately, I can't say that about U.S. sellers... It's a shame.

BACKED 100%! I also started picking up Japanese pressed cd's and man do these cats get it right. I buy from a few directly and a few on Ebay and man they put the CUSTOMER first. Like Mullethead already stated,some of my favorite Jap sellers are mixing in some nice Indies with their auctions. I have pretty much QUIT buying from anyone other than the gang here and my Japanese sellers. I bought from Ryan (Metal Mayhem) for years(haven't bought a cd in a couple of years now) and I hate to hear about Steve's cd buy from him. What's it coming to?? Thanks Steve for lettin' everyone know! Good HEADS UP!

They don't sell boot Japan pressed cds (from domestic bands), they only sell for example Queensryche bootlegs for $200 lol!

They don't sell boot Japan pressed cds (from domestic bands), they only sell for example Queensryche bootlegs for $200 lol!

I'm not sure I follow what you're saying?

Probably the fact that the japanese are the masters of the live bootleg releases.

Probably the fact that the japanese are the masters of the live bootleg releases.

Right but my original point was that you don't see Japanese sellers putting out boots of bands releases claiming they are legit. Every country has live boots of bands. Hell I have 3-4 in my Ebay store but I would never sell a Jillson boot and claim it's the real deal.

I just bought a live silver pressed bootleg of GNR from 1989. I know when I buy it that it's not an official release and I am okay with that because it's a cool little cd to have. now if someone advertised the GNT Appetite rape cover version to me and it was a boot, that would be different because it's an official release.

Right but my original point was that you don't see Japanese sellers putting out boots of bands releases claiming they are legit. Every country has live boots of bands. Hell I have 3-4 in my Ebay store but I would never sell a Jillson boot and claim it's the real deal.

I just bought a live silver pressed bootleg of GNR from 1989. I know when I buy it that it's not an official release and I am okay with that because it's a cool little cd to have. now if someone advertised the GNT Appetite rape cover version to me and it was a boot, that would be different because it's an official release.

yeah, agree totally. was just pointing out what the previous poster was actually referring to.

yeah, agree totally. was just pointing out what the previous poster was actually referring to.

No worries my friend...I'm just a little slow in the morning before coffee gets in the system ;)

• My Little Pony

I have been wondering about the KK Wilde CDs being offered by Ryan as well. He sure seems to have a good number of them!

I don't know, bud. If you know he sells boots of other discs, do you really wanna take a chance on his other product?

Whoa...Anyone read the section of Bobby Blotzers book about Ryan?

I have it scanned to my computer but I can't figure out how to post it in the thread for everyone to read. Photobucket doesn't show up when I upload it.

I have it scanned to my computer but I can't figure out how to post it in the thread for everyone to read. Photobucket doesn't show up when I upload it.

Sure would like to read this, no matter what he has to say.

Can you PM me the document through HH? If not, PM me and we will exchange emails and see if somehow we can get it displayed.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to post this?

Can you PM me the document through HH? If not, PM me and we will exchange emails and see if somehow we can get it displayed.

PM me your email addy. I will send you the file.

Please check your HH email. :headbanger:

• 1 month later...

Would you send me the file as well? I know of a Mr. Ron Keel who had some not so kind words to say about Ryan as well.

Would you send me the file as well? I know of a Mr. Ron Keel who had some not so kind words to say about Ryan as well.

Mullethead, did you ever send me this? I cannot find any record of it in my HH emails. Thanks!