Outloud

Glen

Most will be familiar with this band and their debut offering 'We'll Rock You To Hell.....'. It was a solid debut with 2 amazing standout tunes 'We Run' and 'Tonight'. The rest of it whilst good didnt really do it for me and with so much excellent new music about it kind of fell back into 'the pack' so to speak.

Well Im glad to report that this sophomore release is much better.

Things start out shakey with ''We Came To Rock'....about as cliched title as you could get and whilst the song is OK, it completely rips off the chorus from 'Out In The Night' from the debut.

However after that things are much much better. Tracks 2-5 are all excellent and definitely up to the quality of the stand outs on the debut. 'Someday' is then a laid back ballad which is OK....followed by another 4 great tracks.

Really melodic stuff on offer here with some great solos to boot.

So if you were disappointed with the debut dont be put off and check this out as it is a great effort in my book.

Cheers

I like it, still want to give it a few more spins before I give my opinion about it being better than the debut"which is very good"!

i like it a lot and i only listen it once yesterday.

sure there are around 2-3 not-bad-at-all fillers, but the rest is melodic gems.

I don't recall the debut as I believe it's between average-and-good, is it heavier ? but this one is another surprise, think will pick one later as soon as it's out (late july?)

:party421:

I think I quite liked the debut, so looking forward to hearing this one. :) Sounds exciting.

• 1 month later...
  • My Little Pony

Bebut was a solid one, so will defo check this one out!

What's a bebut? Is it anything like a debut? If so, what are the differences?

Anyway, on topic, I think I recall enjoying the bebut so I'll give the new one a listen.

Really good CD - very solid. Weird lyrics on that 'Clean hands' song, but it's one of the highlights. Good one.

I like this cd also, but have not decided if it is as good or better than the debut.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

EP from 2012 was pretty sweet, I though. Titled 'More Catastrophe,' it featured 4 new songs and new versions of a couple from the debut.

1. Saints On Fire

2. Cross The Line

3. Mr. Long Gone

4. Last Days Of December

5. Falling Rain (Flamenco Version)

6. We Run (for Piano and Vocals

79861333307099_Outloud2B-2BMore2BCatastrophe2B2012.gif

All 4 songs are very good, right in line with the debut. The opener 'Saints On Fire' is my pack but all go alright.

EP from 2012 was pretty sweet, I though. Titled 'More Catastrophe,' it featured 4 new songs and new versions of a couple from the debut.

1. Saints On Fire

2. Cross The Line

3. Mr. Long Gone

4. Last Days Of December

5. Falling Rain (Flamenco Version)

6. We Run (for Piano and Vocals

79861333307099_Outloud2B-2BMore2BCatastrophe2B2012.gif

All 4 songs are very good, right in line with the debut. The opener 'Saints On Fire' is my pack but all go alright.

Take a listen to some tracks from it: