Madam Adam: "Madam Adam" review

My review of modern hard rockers Madam Adam: s/t is now available over at Hardrock Haven. Click the link below to check it out:

Madam Adam review

In short, pretty good stuff.

Upcoming reviews include:

Destrophy: "Cry Havoc"

Silence Betrayed: s/t

Sanchez: "Run the Streets"

Diamond Lane: "World Without Heroes"

Decent review, so I had a listen to "Sex Ain't Love". Had to turn it off after 43 seconds.

Just can't get on with that 'modern' sound for some reason. th_shrug.gif

I ended up downloading four tracks off this new release. "Sex Ain't Love" just cracks me up. Reminds me lyrically of "Sex Is Good" by Saving Abel.

Decent review, so I had a listen to "Sex Ain't Love". Had to turn it off after 43 seconds.

Just can't get on with that 'modern' sound for some reason. th_shrug.gif

I'm not saying you'd like this album at all, but for me that's easily one of the weakest songs on the album. I think about 80 modern rock bands have made the same song with the same title or some slight variation on it... and that was just this week.

I wouldn't recommend the CD to you knowing your tastes, but it must be known there are MUCH better songs than that on the CD. ;)

• 1 year later...

So did this ever get a physical release on cd? I thought they were signed to Roadrunner and I've been holding out forever to get it on cd rather than downloading it on ITunes. Had it preordered on Amazon but they cancelled my order when they couldn't get a hold of it. I see you can now preorder it on CDBaby. Anyone know anything?

So did this ever get a physical release on cd? I thought they were signed to Roadrunner and I've been holding out forever to get it on cd rather than downloading it on ITunes. Had it preordered on Amazon but they cancelled my order when they couldn't get a hold of it. I see you can now preorder it on CDBaby. Anyone know anything?

Hmmm very strange! I bought a copy over a year ago through Omega Order, but it seems as if this disc has vanished from every store. Just checked a copule of other online stores and they all carry it as either 'out of stock' or a 'pre-order'.

Anyway there are definately physical copies out there!

I have also tried to buy a physical copy of this disc since it's release, from several outlets, and never had any luck. If it is actually out there it sure as hell is not easy to come by. :(

I have also tried to buy a physical copy of this disc since it's release, from several outlets, and never had any luck. If it is actually out there it sure as hell is not easy to come by. :(

You really have to wonder how damn stupid people who are responsible for this are, as it's completely pointless to press an album only not to sell it properly.

And it's a damn shame cos it's actually one of my fave 'modern' albums of 2011...

Yeah, totally agree mate. It's a very good CD and one I'd really like in my collection, but whoever is responsible for it's distribution really f*cked these guys royally.

I have a physical copy of this disc, but cannot remember for the life of me where I got it?? Bands website maybe.....i'll investigate further.

I have a physical copy of this disc, but cannot remember for the life of me where I got it?? Bands website maybe.....i'll investigate further.

Mmm. yeah this would have been via RR Records, but as previously stated they appear to have screwed up the distrubution of this disc big time as every link leads to a blank page on their website. Looks like its only available now through itunes.