Destrophy are back!

Glen

Good band. Think I missed their last disc though, but I remember them needing to get a better producer...

Just received this from the label a couple days ago in order to write a review for Hardrock Haven and while that full, formal review is probably at least 2 weeks out, I'm here to tell you this is a damn good album, several notches better than their previous one, and a prime example of how to combine balls with melodies.

Just received this from the label a couple days ago in order to write a review for Hardrock Haven and while that full, formal review is probably at least 2 weeks out, I'm here to tell you this is a damn good album, several notches better than their previous one, and a prime example of how to combine balls with melodies.

did we expect anything else ;-)

Cant wait for this to hit. cheers

This beauty dropped through my door this morning.

What a great album.....10 kick arse pieces of awesomeness. The whole thing is about 31 minutes which seems ridiculous but when each song is as good as this all you can do hit play again ;-)) !!

Anyone who is familiar with the debut its like having 10 'Ways Of The World'.........just love the direction they have taken, so much more melodic, every chorus is a winner, and it f kicks your arse !!

Love it.

here are a few tracks to sample -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVWgv4GyFGY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlfHoGJYizI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w5DjtmKENk&feature=related

thats just 3, but they are all f awesome.

Well worth checking out........

Cheers

Just spun 'Closer' and 'It ends tonight'... very nice. I also like this band and will certainly check this out.

Spun this one tonight... yep, it's a real good one. As Glen says, more consistently melodic than the previous album. Loved the whole album, especially 'Closer.' I also love the length of the songs / album. Seems short on paper, but they do what they need to do without dragging it out. I love that. Well done to the guys on a killer disc.

Spun this one tonight... yep, it's a real good one. As Glen says, more consistently melodic than the previous album. Loved the whole album, especially 'Closer.' I also love the length of the songs / album. Seems short on paper, but they do what they need to do without dragging it out. I love that. Well done to the guys on a killer disc.

There really is no filler.....just 10 great tracks. Love it!

There really is no filler.....just 10 great tracks. Love it!

Yeah, not a sniff of a filler. There's not enough time for one! :lol:

A lot bands could learn a quick easy tip on how to make a good CD from these guys.

Good band. Think I missed their last disc though, but I remember them needing to get a better producer...

Well the good news is they found a better producer (assuming you like an ultra-slick sound), the bad news is they pissed their original sound up the wall for bland sugar-sweet modern rock. I loved how their debut combined heavy modern metal with some anthemic choruses, but these days they're about as heavy as ALL TIME LOW or FALL OUT BOY. Every song sounds like the one before and any metal/punk leanings, as well as the heavy-as-hell bass and downtuned-guitar is all gone totally. I do like modern rock, but it has to sound fresh & original rather than dated and plodding, and these mid-tempo tunes bore the life out of me.

Well the good news is they found a better producer (assuming you like an ultra-slick sound), the bad news is they pissed their original sound up the wall for bland sugar-sweet modern rock. I loved how their debut combined heavy modern metal with some anthemic choruses, but these days they're about as heavy as ALL TIME LOW or FALL OUT BOY. Every song sounds like the one before and any metal/punk leanings, as well as the heavy-as-hell bass and downtuned-guitar is all gone totally. I do like modern rock, but it has to sound fresh & original rather than dated and plodding, and these mid-tempo tunes bore the life out of me.

You got the same album as us lol??!

I love this album. Every track is awesome for me. Hardly modern at all....more kick arse melodic hard rock??

I love this album. Every track is awesome for me. Hardly modern at all....more kick arse melodic hard rock??

Sums up why I don't like it mate, sounds like that Taking Dawn thing all you guys seem to like. When you first put me on to this band they sounded like a mix of Slipknot and SOTY but they seem to have gone backwards. I'll take the new HINDER over this...

Sums up why I don't like it mate, sounds like that Taking Dawn thing all you guys seem to like. When you first put me on to this band they sounded like a mix of Slipknot and SOTY but they seem to have gone backwards. I'll take the new HINDER over this...

Yeah the sound has changed a fair bit from the debut, but the transition was on the cards when they re-released the debut with a few extra tracks the other year - all the new tracks were far more in this styling.

I really liked the debut, but if Im honest my favourite track was by far 'The Way Of Your World' so Im personally thrilled they have gone the more melodic route.

Also, not sure where you get the 'plodding mid tempo' reference from - most of these songs kick arse...in a major way IMO.

Great anthemic melodic hard rock. Certainly not modern in any way IMO

'Still Bleeding' 'Closer' and 'It Ends Tonight' are excellent Glen. May have to check this one out

Haha. Only Tim could possibly hate this one. :lol: You evil, evil man. I need to start learning to not be surprised. Creep.