Circle Of Light

AlphaMale

Okay wow..... while checking out the recent videos from Lillian Axe's reunion in Dallas, I stumbled across this.

This apparently is the original Lillian Axe, calling themselves CIRCLE OF LIGHT. The band features Johnny Vines on vocals, Steve Blaze on guitars, Michael Maxx on bass, and Danny King on drums.

Here's the video of the band performing live recently:

Found another great video of the show on 4.9.11:

JOHNNY VINES STEVE BLAZE DANNY KING MICHAEL MAXX THE 4 ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF LILLIAN AXE REUNITED AS CIRCLE OF LIGHT RECORDED 4/9/2011

King Of The Beast

It also says a new album is in the works!! Count me mildly interested.

THIS IS FOR ALL OF THE DIE HARD LILLIAN AXE FANS WHO STUCK BY THIS BAND FROM THE BEGINNING LOOK FOR THE FIRST COL ALBUM DO OUT LATE THIS YEAR.

• 5 months later...

Musically really good! The singer.... eh. I'm sure I'M no better, but not a fan. (Stage banter doesn't help him out, either.)

I'd listen to some studio stuff, though, with an open mind/without prejudice just because I like the music that well.

I'd rather Stevie get the original band that actually played on the early albums back together well at least Ron Taylor and Jon Ster.

That certainly would be the bigger hit with the fans, but I'm guessing nowadays, it's more about what the artists want. (Though putting food on the table would have to rank up there too, especially with some artists more than others.)

Had a quick search, but couldn't find any information on this. No mention even on Blaze's Myspace page.

Have to say though, as a massive fan of Lillian Axe's 'Love & War', an absolute classic album, I didn't like these 2 songs at all.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...