New KINGS OF THE SUN....

glam_junkie

I was kinda looking forward to the new one from Kings of the Sun... pretty much until the pricing came out!!!!

You can pick it up here

http://www.kingsofthesunband.com/

but be prepared for a bit of a rude shock!

signed cd AUD39.95 (just over $US40)

shipping USA AUD25.00 (just over $US25)

so, about $US65-70 you can have the new cd at your door.

Even within australia they want $15.50 shipping, which is about 3-4 times the price it should be.

I appreciate this it may be a good album, but this is pretty outragous pricing in my opinion and i wonder how many they will manage to sell at this price.

When is this album from? On one of the Hobo images it says it was recorded in 1997!

Also, in the videos sections there is a video of a song called 'Bombs Away' and it's listed as a Kings of the Sun song but it aint on the first 3 albums or the new Hobo one. Anyone?

Ridiculous ! :screwy: I sent them a message via their website. Not really expecting a response, but let's see ... !

Ridiculous ! :screwy: I sent them a message via their website. Not really expecting a response, but let's see ... !

what did you say?

i posted something on facebook regaridng it and got a response which basically said they could not change the price of the cd but could do something with the postage.

Ok, they did respond .......

======================================

Hi Bernd,

please go to this page http://www.kingsofthesunband.com/news.html, it explains everything that you get with it. There is also other choices of the cd without certificate $24.00 and we will be offering just a download for $19.95 after the 18th of April after we finish competition. That might be the cheaper option for you. The $39.95 is for a rare limited edition, collectors item !

Regards

Lisa

PS: All hardcopies come with a download,

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM, <home@bstuenkel.de> wrote:

Form details below.

First Name: Bernd

Last Name: Stuenkel

Email: home@bstuenkel.de

City: Kirchheim

Comments:

Hello,

I\'d love to buy your new CD, but $40 for 1 CD and $25 for shipping ?? What else are you shipping with the CD ? Who is going to pay so much ? You should seriously reconsider your pricing !

Cheers

Bernd

=====================================

Still ..., $20 for a download ??

and the second reply ............

========================================

Hey Bernd, unfortunely so much stuff gets lost in the mail these days and we have made an executive decision to have all postage registered. Just see it as a small investment with big returns, because I know that all the work that Cliff has done, he will not drop his price on his music. Where are you from ?

Regards Lisa

On Sat, Apr 9, 2011 at 9:51 PM, Bernd Stünkel <home@bstuenkel.de> wrote:

Thanks, Lisa. Yes, I've seen that, but why is the shipping so expensive ? That's about 3 times the actual rate. I mean, together it's still $50 for a CD. Download only is not an option for me.

Thanks & regards

Bernd

Not sure why they wouldn't have gone with many of the rock/metal labels these days, am sure a heap would have lapped it up. Anyway, does anyone have any info about this CD... where and when it was recorded, why it wasn't released initially etc.

I asked the same questions via the site a few days ago but no response.

Not sure why they wouldn't have gone with many of the rock/metal labels these days, am sure a heap would have lapped it up. Anyway, does anyone have any info about this CD... where and when it was recorded, why it wasn't released initially etc.

Yeah, good questions ! Regarding the postage they sent me another email saying that they changed the shipping price to Europe/mainland (AUD 16.95). That's a AUD 8 drop. Lindsay, within Australia it is now AUD 7.70. Not sure what it was before.

still unbelievably expensive.

With utmost respect to the band, why the hell should they consider this a small investment and forced the listeners to pay expensive prices for the music they make ? or maybe they think Led Zeppelin, Metallica, AC/DC, Whitesnake, Journey, and the rest 'A class' bands that been selling their disc for only $8-$10 is crap ? :D

Yeah, good questions ! Regarding the postage they sent me another email saying that they changed the shipping price to Europe/mainland (AUD 16.95). That's a AUD 8 drop. Lindsay, within Australia it is now AUD 7.70. Not sure what it was before.

originally aussie postage was about $16, so $7.70 is a much better, althouhg still a little on the pricey side.

originally aussie postage was about $16, so $7.70 is a much better, althouhg still a little on the pricey side.

True for Germany as well. I won't pay $42 for a brand new CD. I rather wait for it to be sold by AORHeaven or MBM.

If you buy a copy, please let us know what it sounds like.

• 4 weeks later...

Never was even a partial fan of this band, but this thread is ridiculous. I would not even consider paying au$7.70 for shipping of a single CD from any overseas destination, let alone from within my own homeland. That is just robbery.

I really doubt they'll sell anything with the prices discussed in this thread. $16.95 for postage overseas? HAHA! I could almost buy a house in the bush for that.

• 1 month later...

Hey Geoff, not liking their first 3 CDs is blasphemy. May the metal gods spank you with a pink strawberry flavoured paddle!

Anyway, did anyone buy this? Is it any good?

The actual CD is just a CDR with some Art work labelled to it. I paid 30plus bucks for that! Great............

I`m a huge KOTS fan and i have to say was pretty disappointed with it!

Just sounds like some demos and left overs they threw together. Production is demo quality at best.

Definitely nothing like the must have 3 previously releases they put out.

The actual CD is just a CDR with some Art work labelled to it. I paid 30plus bucks for that! Great............

Just sounds like some demos and left overs they threw together. Production is demo quality at best.

Too bad ! This sounds like a major rip-off ! There is no way that I will be buying this one. :angry2:

Yeah, Lindsay, based upon what you've said I think I'll pass on this one. I'm sick of bands releasing cheap packaging, crap artwork and CDR's.

That wasn't me... i passed on it a long time back. Never got it myself. Too many other discs i could spend that sorta coin on.

But.... WTF!!!!!.... they are charging this price and it's a f**king cdr? What a joke. I can fully understand a band selling cdr for $10 or so. Hey they need to cover their costs, but $40+ bucks for a cdr... WOW!!!

Personally i'd be asking for a refund. At that sorta price i would have never even contempated that it was a cdr.

Sorry to hear someone had to tes tthe waters and get stung like that.

Yeah, Lindsay, based upon what you've said I think I'll pass on this one. I'm sick of bands releasing cheap packaging, crap artwork and CDR's.

That wasn't me... i passed on it a long time back. Never got it myself. Too many other discs i could spend that sorta coin on.

But.... WTF!!!!!.... they are charging this price and it's a f**king cdr? What a joke. I can fully understand a band selling cdr for $10 or so. Hey they need to cover their costs, but $40+ bucks for a cdr... WOW!!!

Personally i'd be asking for a refund. At that sorta price i would have never even contempated that it was a cdr.

Yeah, I totally agree with Lindsay. Seriously, Badhabit, I really hope you follow this up and get your money back off the thieving c*nts. Like Lindsay says, if it was a legit, proper CD I'd still despise the pricing, but you could understand where they're coming from. Charging this much for a CDR of old demos... mate, that is pure robbery.

And yeah, John, the band never did a single thing for me. Even wearing my most patriotic ears I thought they were shithouse at best. ;)

Too bad ! This sounds like a major rip-off ! There is no way that I will be buying this one. :angry2:

Look i understand they are trying to make a bit of money and i`m all for supporting the band etc...but i would agree i would not have paid what i did for what i got.

Still love KINGS OF THE SUN and all their official releases are just fantastic! Like i said previously, i`m a huge fan but i would rate DADDY WAS A HOBO MAN probably 6 outta 10 and that`s being generous unfortunately. Some good songs on there, but they would have never made any official release i`m sure.

Enjoy the Self titled, Full Frontal Attack & Resurrection - These are all AWESOME!!!!

Yeah, I totally agree with Lindsay. Seriously, Badhabit, I really hope you follow this up and get your money back off the thieving c*nts. Like Lindsay says, if it was a legit, proper CD I'd still despise the pricing, but you could understand where they're coming from. Charging this much for a CDR of old demos... mate, that is pure robbery.

And yeah, John, the band never did a single thing for me. Even wearing my most patriotic ears I thought they were shithouse at best. ;)

Look i wasn`t happy bout it but i`m a fan and they have given me great pleasure over the years.

I`m not making any excuses for it - i understand they are probably struggling these days but to take advantage of their loyal fans like that isn`t right that`s for sure.

Hence they will probably never get another cent from me - but it is what it is i guess and the best way is to say NO by not buying it I guess.