Erotic Suicide

JamesEagle

A band I haven't really heard that seems to be very highly rated by HH-ers. Any comments on the music? Is their sound sleazy without any punk influence? Wondering if I need to download the 2nd CD (as apparently it goes for silly money)...

Cheers

No punk influence in my opinion. Closer to early Faster Pussycat if anything, although not as produced.

Hell, the first album is worth getting for the ballad alone.

The debut goes up and down in price all the time, but the second one, as you say, is silly money whenever it does show up.

No punk influence in my opinion. Closer to early Faster Pussycat if anything, although not as produced.

Hell, the first album is worth getting for the ballad alone.

The debut goes up and down in price all the time, but the second one, as you say, is silly money whenever it does show up.

Sounding very interesting. Probably has to be a download then. I just can't believe how many rock and metal CDs are completely unaffordable. So many good ones too; what were the record companies thinking when they deleted the albums about 5 minutes after releasing them? Tsk.

I think the deletion thing is probably just down to the labels being small indies, sadly.

Plus, from memory, the first ES album was released during the grunge era.

I actually ordered that one from MVC without hearing it, when it came out (think I saw an add in Hit Parader for it).

Erotic Suicide have a very heavy edge to their music IMO.

The Faster Pussycat comparison is a valid one, althouhg they didn't really go into the alternative sounds as faster pussycat did at times.

Straight forward sleaze, with a heavy edge. Definitely no punk influecne.

I always thought they were a mix of super glammed up poison and early pantera

Yeah, good band. The debut is pretty much straight up glam/sleaze whereas the 2nd disc is more sleaze metal.

Both great discs, probably about equal, imo, depending what mood you're in that day. I agree with Howdy, the ballad at the end of the debut is killer. Love the heavier more well produced 2nd disc too. Both would be recommended.

Both discs are awesome like everyone here is saying. You won't be disappointed (but may be hard pressed to find their 2nd one for a decent price).

as far as I remember, a good band but a very hard to find CD, looks like i've seen one or two sold for more than $30, so it's pretty nasty price to pay :(

if you can pick up the 2nd cd for $30 it's a steal. this one seems to sell around the $100 mark for the past few years.

as far as I remember, a good band but a very hard to find CD, looks like i've seen one or two sold for more than $30, so it's pretty nasty price to pay :(

if you can pick up the 2nd cd for $30 it's a steal. this one seems to sell around the $100 mark for the past few years.

damn, then i missed a treasure there! :christmas:

I found the 1st erotic suicide cd to be similar to say skid row's first 2 albums.

The 2nd erotic suicide is similar to the first gnr album.

All, very cool albums :)

I spose everyone hears something different, but I cant hear any Skid Row in this band, and dont really see how the first two Skid albums sounded anything alike either.

The first album was melodic hair metal, but the second one was pure metal, and the first ES certainly wasnt METAL.

I haven't been able to get the 2nd release because as mentioned it is rediculously priced.....I have the 1st one thou but don't listen to it often because of the poor production...

i thought my CDR's quality is poor but maybe that's because the real source is also poor, well maybe someday if there's an enhanced reissue, I'll empty my wallet for this one :)

I found the 1st erotic suicide cd to be similar to say skid row's first 2 albums.

I spose everyone hears something different, but I cant hear any Skid Row in this band, and dont really see how the first two Skid albums sounded anything alike either.

The first album was melodic hair metal, but the second one was pure metal, and the first ES certainly wasnt METAL.

as far as I remember, ES have a good combination of sleazy stuff from Faster Pussycat or LA Guns, the metallic edge of Motley Crue and yes a slight Skid Row, and the commercial hair metal element of Poison.

there's a used disc of 'Abusement Park' around $24 for this one, the seller is from UK

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000007YP5/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

somebody might want to check it out, if interested :)

The Faster Pussycat comparisons are encouraging, especially if we're talking about FP's debut. I'm currently watching this one on eBay, but it's already out of my price range: Erotic Suicide - Perseverance Any guesses as to what price this one will go for?

Seeing as it started at £10 and its already at nearly £17 with five days to go, I'd hazard a guess that the minimum will be between £30 & £40, but wouldnt be surprised to see it pushing double that.

Seeing as it started at £10 and its already at nearly £17 with five days to go, I'd hazard a guess that the minimum will be between £30 & £40, but wouldnt be surprised to see it pushing double that.

Ouch!

:doh:

I can hear a skid row attitude / vibe on quite a few songs off the the first e/s disc.

Ouch!

3 days to go and its £21 ... I reckon theres a chance it will push £30 before the end, then a good old snipefest will sort the men from the boys.

Ouch!

3 days to go and its £21 ... I reckon theres a chance it will push £30 before the end, then a good old snipefest will sort the men from the boys.

You may be right. My highest bid is like a speck in the distance now and getting smaller.

Heard a few Erotic Suide tracks today. One ballad seemed a bit lame, but all the other tracks rocked. Love the sound, great songs, really sleazy glam imo, which I feckin' love! So far I think I just prefer the songs from the debut CD.

I hope the ballad wasnt Sweet summer nights, as that ballad is for me the highlight of the debut.

I must admit the second album isnt bad, but apart from the cover of Travellin band, very little on that one clicked fully with me. I can happily listen to it, but damned if I will remember the songs afterwards.

I hope the ballad wasnt Sweet summer nights, as that ballad is for me the highlight of the debut.

I must admit the second album isnt bad, but apart from the cover of Travellin band, very little on that one clicked fully with me. I can happily listen to it, but damned if I will remember the songs afterwards.

I could actually say the same. But I should also point out that I've had the debut CD for about 10+ years now and I only heard the 2nd one in recent years... and as a CDR too. I'm not even sure where in my collection the 2nd album is (just a CDR on a spindle somewhere, unfortunately), whereas the original debut sits smugly in my collection.

"Weekend One Night Stand" was the ballad I think Title doesn't sound very balladish, but I'm sure it was.

Songs off the debut sound sleazier to me and I prefer them to what I've heard off the second album.

Stop Press: Price of the debut has just doubled on Amazon, so I won't be getting it! :crying:

I could actually say the same. But I should also point out that I've had the debut CD for about 10+ years now and I only heard the 2nd one in recent years... and as a CDR too. I'm not even sure where in my collection the 2nd album is (just a CDR on a spindle somewhere, unfortunately), whereas the original debut sits smugly in my collection.

In many respects that mirrors my own experience with them. I bought the original album the year it came out and only got hold of a digital copy of the second album a year or two ago on here (my memory is failing me as to who it was, sorry). The thing is though, the first album I liked instantly, so time shouldnt make a difference really, especially as I have all my music available at the touch of a button.