Adler's Appetite

Captain Howdy

I downloaded (legally) the song Alive that they released last November, and just discovered today that they released two more songs in December, so just downloaded them (legally) as well.

Cant wait for a full album, and cant wait to see them at the end of this month.

The two rock songs (Alive and Stardog) are fantastic, and certainly bring back memories of Appetite era GNR without sounding exactly like them, but the ballad (Fading) is nothing like GNR.

I think Fading is the weakest of the songs, but I still really like it, just not sure it fits the other material.

Alive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M42bPkG_89s

Stardog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st9ASX-qpns

Fading

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHkjXjs1ZqE

I've heard songs from these guys at some point and I do recall being impressed. Would be nice to have a physical CD to add to the collection.

I've heard songs from these guys at some point and I do recall being impressed. Would be nice to have a physical CD to add to the collection.

There was a CD a few years ago of mostly covers, with Jizzy Pearl on vocals, but these three songs will all be on the new album.

From what Steven is saying, they hope to have something finalised when the European tour ends with regards to a CD, so that should be next month.

• 5 months later...

I guess I'm a little late to this party, but I just downloaded their three tracks "Fading", "Alive", and "Stardog" off Itunes. Count me impressed! I love long catchy choruses which I thought each song had. I gotta say, I tracked down samples off their older EP and was not digging it at all. But, if this is the new direction they're headed, I'll get on that train. Good stuff. Hope they put out a full length cd soon.

They were supposed to play Rock Fest here in a couple weeks but just backed out which is too bad because I was looking forward to seeing them.

They have replaced Rick on vocals since I they recorded those songs and I saw them back in Feb, but the new guy is supposed to be really good as well.

I'm guessing thats probably held up any chance of an album for a while as well.

They were supposed to play Rock Fest here in a couple weeks but just backed out which is too bad because I was looking forward to seeing them.

I was looking forward to seeing them too. Don't get me wrong Slaughter is always good and is an adequate replacement but I've seen them so many times over the years I'd rather them brought in another smaller band like FarCry, Bangalore Choir or even someone like Icon.

I was looking forward to seeing them too. Don't get me wrong Slaughter is always good and is an adequate replacement but I've seen them so many times over the years I'd rather them brought in another smaller band like FarCry, Bangalore Choir or even someone like Icon.

I agree. Kix would've been a nice replacement as well but I suppose they would want too much money.

I agree. Kix would've been a nice replacement as well but I suppose they would want too much money.

Yup it's hard for these small festivals because even some of the smaller B level bands of our beloved genre ask for upwards of $5,000-10,000 a gig. I'd love for Kix, Tesla, Great White, Danger Danger and bands like that but I doubt they can afford more than 4-5 bands on that level and still be able to make a profit. Look at last years DRF fiasco and what was rumored to be paid to Brett Michaels and Vince Neil. If it's true they were both paid 30-50K then there is no way they can turn a profit with only 3-5,000 fans showing up.

Yup it's hard for these small festivals because even some of the smaller B level bands of our beloved genre ask for upwards of $5,000-10,000 a gig. I'd love for Kix, Tesla, Great White, Danger Danger and bands like that but I doubt they can afford more than 4-5 bands on that level and still be able to make a profit. Look at last years DRF fiasco and what was rumored to be paid to Brett Michaels and Vince Neil. If it's true they were both paid 30-50K then there is no way they can turn a profit with only 3-5,000 fans showing up.

It's sad because even us little guys still need to charge something, if only just to break even. Travel, hotels, etc. it all costs $. I'll play anywhere, and don't really need (or expect) to make big bucks, but I can't afford to pay a ton of expenses out of pocket. The money a lot of the B level guys are asking for really isn't even that much when you take into account their expenses. It's one thing if you're actually touring and you can save on expenses by routing appropriately, but when you do one gig, it can be expensive. :(

It's sad because even us little guys still need to charge something, if only just to break even. Travel, hotels, etc. it all costs $. I'll play anywhere, and don't really need (or expect) to make big bucks, but I can't afford to pay a ton of expenses out of pocket. The money a lot of the B level guys are asking for really isn't even that much when you take into account their expenses. It's one thing if you're actually touring and you can save on expenses by routing appropriately, but when you do one gig, it can be expensive. :(

The closer it gets to Rock Fest, the more the reality of not seeing FarCry (or Pete in general for that matter) for the first time in three years is setting in and it sucks. Hopefully we will see you next year tearing it up Pete! :headbanger:

The closer it gets to Rock Fest, the more the reality of not seeing FarCry (or Pete in general for that matter) for the first time in three years is setting in and it sucks. Hopefully we will see you next year tearing it up Pete! :headbanger:

Backed and yes it sucks. I did my best with all of my annoying posts on the FB page but yeah hopefully next year.