Worst Holiday Music Gift received?

SUICIDE

Either sadly or thankfully, no one dares buy CDs for me. I often receive CDs as gifts but it's always via way of funds transferred to me for me to buy the CDs myself. I hate people paying too much for a CD I know I can get cheaper and it's too hard for anyone I know to find the music I enjoy anyway. :)

The last time someone bought me a cd for Christmas was back in 2000, my girlfriend, now wife bought me Lillian Axe -Love And War off of Ebay for a hefty price. I basically got a 'you're on your own I'm not buying music for you anymore' kinda look after giving her a big wet kiss after getting a cd that I had been after for over 10 years. Just like most of us here, my tastes are not the norm and most of what I listen to can't be found at the Wal Mart or Best Buys of the world.

No disasters, thankfully. Each year my brother and I give each other a short list of 4 or 5 CDs that we would like, and have been doing it for years now. We take care of each other cuz nobody else in the family would even know where to begin looking for the weird crap we listen to.

I don't get c.d.'s for christmas anymore :( . My wife now refuses to buy me a Gift certificate for a record store. She claims "I get you that every year". So! I like gift cards, you get what you want and never having to return your purchases ;)

Throw this suggestion out to your wife:

Ask her wife to wear something really naughty from Victoria Secret, all the while having placed a music store gift card between her boobies, or between crack you wish for that matter....and Voilà!!! Something different allright and you still get your card plus getting it out with your teeth is also a bonus for both parties.

I should just quit my day job and become a sex and cd addict therapist full time....OK, who's next in line for help?

it's too hard for anyone I know to find the music I enjoy anyway. :)

Too true !! ;)

No, no music CD gifts for me anymore. People have given up on me .. ! :(

I don't get c.d.'s for christmas anymore :( . My wife now refuses to buy me a Gift certificate for a record store. She claims "I get you that every year". So! I like gift cards, you get what you want and never having to return your purchases ;)

Ask her wife to wear something really naughty from Victoria Secret, all the while having placed a music store gift card between her boobies, or between crack you wish for that matter....and Voilà!!! Something different allright and you still get your card plus getting it out with your teeth is also a bonus for both parties.

I should just quit my day job and become a sex and cd addict therapist full time....OK, who's next in line for help?

Can you change my wife into Kate Beckinsale? :quagmire:

Can you change my wife into Kate Beckinsale? :quagmire:

I'm supposed to be a therapist not a magician.

Like most others on here, I don't get CDs as Christmas presents, due to my minority musical tastes. However, a group of friends and I celebrate Christmas in March to allow the finances to recover a bit and due to hectic calendars around Christmas/new year. The occasion has been dubbed 'Marchmas' and we exchange CDs or DVDs. We each come up with a list and people buy from it, so there is no disappointment. Therefore, I end up having to buy awful music like electronica, ambient instrumental, disco, etc, while fans of those genres have to buy me rock and death metal CDs. A tradition has developed whereby the others find great amusement in reading out song titles from the metal CDs they buy me, e.g. 'Blessings Upon The Throne Of Tyranny', 'At the Behest of Their Death', etc. For some reason, they find it amusing.

Like most others on here, I don't get CDs as Christmas presents, due to my minority musical tastes. However, a group of friends and I celebrate Christmas in March to allow the finances to recover a bit and due to hectic calendars around Christmas/new year. The occasion has been dubbed 'Marchmas' and we exchange CDs or DVDs. We each come up with a list and people buy from it, so there is no disappointment. Therefore, I end up having to buy awful music like electronica, ambient instrumental, disco, etc, while fans of those genres have to buy me rock and death metal CDs. A tradition has developed whereby the others find great amusement in reading out song titles from the metal CDs they buy me, e.g. 'Blessings Upon The Throne Of Tyranny', 'At the Behest of Their Death', etc. For some reason, they find it amusing.

It is! I learnt my English from death metal lyrics! :tumbsup: