Bon Jovi - 'Greatest Hits'

Geoff

Don't know if anyone's bothered buying the whole thing, or if people have got the tunes off Itunes or whatever you crazy kids do these days, but has anyone heard the new songs and if so what are your thoughts?

For the record they are:

"This Is Love, This Is Life"

"The More Things Change"

"What Do You Got?"

"No Apologies

It seems these days that you're supposed to be embarrassed to admit you like new Bon Jovi songs, but I think three of these songs are great. 'The more things change' is kind of gay and irritating, but the other three are good, imo. No, they're not Bon Jovi circa 1988, but they're just good modern melodic rock tunes. Anyone else digging a few of the new songs?

There's actually five new songs.

The other one was a US CD preorder download, and possibly now available on iTunes. (This is our house).

I really like What do you got and No apologies, but the other two on CD2 I really havent listened to that much yet.

This is our house is a fairly decent tune as well, obviously in a similar vein to the others.

There's actually five new songs.

The other one was a US CD preorder download, and possibly now available on iTunes. (This is our house).

I really like What do you got and No apologies, but the other two on CD2 I really havent listened to that much yet.

This is our house is a fairly decent tune as well, obviously in a similar vein to the others.

Hmm, nice. Thanks for the info. Will try to track that track down too. :)

2 good ones = 'This Is Love, This Is Life' & 'No Apologies'

2 distinctly average ones = 'The More Things Change" & "What Do You Got?'

I really like What Do You Got, but the other 3 were kinda standard, lame, & forgetable to me. In fact, one of the songs on the 2nd disc (can't remember which one) sounded like it came from that Big Time Rush show my son watches... :puke::puke::puke:

Hmm, I hadn't even been aware that there was two versions until I saw this thread. I definitely got the bare bones, single disc version. Luckily Itunes came in handy and I just downloaded those two other studio tracks (which were both pretty solid imo). No way I was going to go back out and pay for another full album.

Actually, no, I didn't have all these songs already. This is actually the only Bon Jovi disc I now own (gasp, lol). I never felt like owning his whole discography for the two or three songs off of each that I would actually listen to. So, it was nice to see a 'greatest hits' finally that actually had the 'hits' on it I like. These new studio tracks are just a nice bonus because I actually like them.

Why are people even buying this??? Everyone prob has the stuff already, and you all knew the new tracks would be ordinary,

I think you'll find that if you open your pug-shaped eyes most people so far are actually pretty happy with the new songs.

I think the majority of people are probably just downloading the new songs, except for people like Chris who don't already have everything else.

Why are people even buying this??? Everyone prob has the stuff already, and you all knew the new tracks would be ordinary,

I think you'll find that if you open your pug-shaped eyes most people so far are actually pretty happy with the new songs.

I think the majority of people are probably just downloading the new songs, except for people like Chris who don't already have everything else.

Yeah Matt! Don't be so negative. Cheer up mate! :beerbang:

Must be a fucking short album in my book! :lol:

Actually no...not true...they've had loads of hits, but if it was a best of...then maybe......a 7" one sided flexi disc run at 78 rpm, may just do it.....and still have plenty space for an in depth look into Jon Bon Jovi's wit and wisdom!

• 6 years later...

Man, I hate it when bands do this.

I refuse to buy on general principle.

Just add a few songs to sell some old music.

How can the new songs be part of their 'ultimate collection'?

Bit of a contradiction in terms given that they are new tracks.

Kiss Killers sticks out as the first time I was sucked in to this.

Of course back then if you wanted the 2 new songs you had to buy the whole CD.

Nowadays it's a bit different...

Man, I hate it when bands do this.

I refuse to buy on general principle.

Just add a few songs to sell some old music.

How can the new songs be part of their 'ultimate collection'?

Bit of a contradiction in terms given that they are new tracks.

Kiss Killers sticks out as the first time I was sucked in to this.

Of course back then if you wanted the 2 new songs you had to buy the whole CD.

Nowadays it's a bit different...

Or Poison's 'Swallow This Live.' As if anyone ever wants to buy a live album, but you had to buy that for arguably three of the best songs Poison every recorded. And 'Souls on fire...'

Very arguably

So Tell Me Why

Souls on Fire

Only Time Will Tell

No More Lookin' Back

Some of them are pretty good songs, the stand out for me being So Tell Me Why

But I can think of 15 or more songs that are better than all of them

Very arguably
So Tell Me Why
Souls on Fire
Only Time Will Tell
No More Lookin' Back
Some of them are pretty good songs, the stand out for me being So Tell Me Why
But I can think of 15 or more songs that are better than all of them

lol, really? 'No more lookin' back' and 'Only time will tell' are probably my two favourite Poison songs. 'So tell me why' would be third of these three for me.

15 songs? I'd love to see that list out of curiosity.

I personally rate these ones 10/10;

I Won't Forget You
Look What The Cat Dragged In
Fallen Angel
Come Hell Or High Water
Ride The Wind
So Tell Me Why
Only Time Will Tell
No More Lookin' Back
Until You Suffer Some (Fire and Ice)
Theatre Of Soul
Blind faith

Here are 20

01 I Want Action

02 I Won't Forget You

03 Talk Dirty To Me

04 Want Some, Need Some

05 Nothin' But A Good Time

06 Good Love

07 Look But You Can't Touch

08 Fallen Angel

09 Every Rose Has It's Thorn

10 Your Mama Don't Dance

11 Unskinny Bop

12 Ride The Wind

13 Something To Believe In

14 Life Loves A Tragedy

15 Stand

16 Until You Suffer Some (Fire And Ice)

17 7 Days Over You

18 Theatre Of The Soul

19 Ride Child Ride

20 Cover Of The Rolling Stone

That said, I do like those songs, just not as much as the ones above

Here are 20
01 I Want Action
02 I Won't Forget You
03 Talk Dirty To Me
04 Want Some, Need Some
05 Nothin' But A Good Time
06 Good Love
07 Look But You Can't Touch
08 Fallen Angel
09 Every Rose Has It's Thorn
10 Your Mama Don't Dance
11 Unskinny Bop
12 Ride The Wind
13 Something To Believe In
14 Life Loves A Tragedy
15 Stand
16 Until You Suffer Some (Fire And Ice)
17 7 Days Over You
18 Theatre Of The Soul
19 Ride Child Ride
20 Cover Of The Rolling Stone
That said, I do like those songs, just not as much as the ones above

Oh wow. Okay mate. We like the same band - in fact, I love Poison... one of my all-time faves. But we clearly like them for different reasons, lol.

These ones would all be amongst my least favourite Poison songs pre-'Crack a smile;'

I Want Action
Good Love
Your Mama Don't Dance
Unskinny Bop
Stand
Cover Of The Rolling Stone
As much as I love the band, I don't like those songs. Well, except 'I want action.' That's harmless fun, but not a fan of the others. You seriously like them better than 'No more lookin' back?' Wowser. ;)

Yeah, I mean Unskinny Bop isn't really anything too out there. It was a pretty big hit for them. I'm not the only one who likes it. But it's cool if you don't.

Good Love is not going to be for everyone. Same with the two covers.

Stand is one of my favorites :)

Yeah, I mean Unskinny Bop isn't really anything too out there. It was a pretty big hit for them. I'm not the only one who likes it. But it's cool if you don't.

Good Love is not going to be for everyone. Same with the two covers.

Stand is one of my favorites :)

Haha. ;) Yeah, the bigger part of my surprise is just how good 'No more lookin' back' actually is. Probably the ballsiest song they ever recorded as Poison, and it sounds good one them. Probably the closest song to their Paris days too. I would have given both nuts for a full album in that style in 1991/1992.

But it obviously wasn't a hit with all their fans then. ;)