Top Gear

KarpetRydOFunk

• My Little Pony

I just finished watching the first episode of Top Gear Australia and, as an avid fan of the original 2002 British edition, I had a hard time getting through it. The boys don't seem to have the same chemistry as Clarkson, Hammond, and May, although, in their defense, it was only the first episode. But, the challenges seemed rushed, the jokes seemed forced, and there didn't seem to be a good balance of fom-toolery and seriousness.

I will, however, soldier on. I plan on watching at least the entire first series--primarily, due to the fact I'm completely caught up on the British edition. The American edition is s'pose to start sometime soon, but who gives a shit about that? We North Americans don't know shit about building decent automobiles--beautiful?: yes.

The primary purpose to this thread is to discuss the differences, your preferences, or even specific episodes as they air or even previous gems. I'm not sure if a similar thread has been made before, and I was too lazy to look too far into it.

• My Little Pony

Ill watch the english one. The Aussie one isnt the slightest bit funny. Totally scripted and forced. Just a bunch of idiots, and not in a good way like the English version.

I'm a little dissapointed, because a friend of mine said it was. I'm not so sure if I can trust his judgement anymore. So it doesn't get any better?

I'm also interested in the Aussie version, because you guys have different cars down there. Nearly everything in the British version I can get in Canada, or it's a slight variation. And I like the English boys, because they review American cars with the right perspective--that being they're shit. I know I'm saying "shit" a lot, but I believe it's an essential word to be used in describing our vehicles.

Ill watch the english one. The Aussie one isnt the slightest bit funny. Totally scripted and forced. Just a bunch of idiots, and not in a good way like the English version.

I'm a little dissapointed, because a friend of mine said it was. I'm not so sure if I can trust his judgement anymore. So it doesn't get any better?

I'm also interested in the Aussie version, because you guys have different cars down there. Nearly everything in the British version I can get in Canada, or it's a slight variation. And I like the English boys, because they review American cars with the right perspective--that being they're shit. I know I'm saying "shit" a lot, but I believe it's an essential word to be used in describing our vehicles.

Ive been told by diehard fans who persisted believes it has got better... however i just think this happens when you persist with most tv shows and get use to it. Ive turned it on every few months and its still crap.

The U.S. version of "Top Gear" (with American hosts) starts here in a couple of weeks. I'm sure it'll suck compared to the U.K. edition. My son and I watch clips of their various "tests" and "challenges" from the Brit version via the Internet every once in a while and we'll laugh our asses off.

• My Little Pony

Watch the Brit one nearly every week and Clarkson is king. Great, entertaining show.

He seriously has great comedic timing! Simply hilarious! I find myself giggling like a little girl, the more I watch it.

I think it's possible that I may very well be the only human alive who truly, truly despises this show. Whichever version it is. Plus, it's always on before 'Survivor' and runs 2 hours overtime and shits me to tears even further.

Watch the Brit one nearly every week and Clarkson is king. Great, entertaining show.

Love the programme, agree that it's hugely entertaining and Clarkson is great at what he does, but I do think he's a bit of a git.

I think it's possible that I may very well be the only human alive who truly, truly despises this show. Whichever version it is. Plus, it's always on before 'Survivor' and runs 2 hours overtime and shits me to tears even further.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/motoring/proof_only_gay_men_hate_top_gear.xhtml

Sorry your page was not found ...

The link was dead but I did see in the url thing it said that 'proof only gay men hate top gear.' :lol: I'd love to see the article. Seriously, I love beer, footy, norks and vaginas but I would rather lick a man's ballsack than try to pretend to be remotely interested in something car related. It's just something I never "got" and the moment a topic of conversation turns to cars I wish immediate death on myself. I use mine to get to work and the beach and aside from that I really don't care about it. And seeing this show drone on painfully before 'Survivor' starts only justifies my decisions. :)

The link was dead but I did see in the url thing it said that 'proof only gay men hate top gear.' :lol: I'd love to see the article. Seriously, I love beer, footy, norks and vaginas but I would rather lick a man's ballsack than try to pretend to be remotely interested in something car related. It's just something I never "got" and the moment a topic of conversation turns to cars I wish immediate death on myself. I use mine to get to work and the beach and aside from that I really don't care about it. And seeing this show drone on painfully before 'Survivor' starts only justifies my decisions. :)

:rofl2:

• My Little Pony

I didn't realize anyone still watched Survivor. Anyway, Top Gear is so much more than a 'car show.' Well, the original is, but the Aussie one sadly still isn't--it's trying, but trying a little too hard. I've got friends who don't care about cars, just like you, Geoff(you puff), but they love the show.

I am not a gearhead at all, I know next to nothing about cars, but I love some of the crazy stunts they do on the British "Top Gear" -- my son's favorite was when Jeremy Clarkson test drove this crappy little Russian made car (a "Lada") and hated it so much that he drove to a quarry, chained it to two huge construction dump trucks, and they pulled it apart. My son made me play him that clip on YouTube over and over again :rofl:

They also had a great one where they drew a big dart board target on the floor of a canyon, then went up to the top of the cliffs above and shot cars at the target using some kind of hydraulic cannon. :rofl2:

• My Little Pony

Any of you English boys know when the next series will begin to air? I'm getting anxious and the Aussie version is rubbish.