The new BANDS IN CONCERT #4

LV KIX

And here is another list. A list of artists who have also been members of major bands.

Who have you seen? Who sucked..? Who rocked...?

Who do you wanna see..? Have no desire to see...?

1.) STEPHEN PEARCY (solo)

2.) DAVID LEE ROTH (solo)

3.) ACE FREHLEY (Solo)

4.) JOHN WAITE (solo)

5.) SAMMY HAGAR (solo)

OK... go at it...

Nope, again I haven't seen any of these. :( John Waite would have been nice, though.

Nope, again I haven't seen any of these. :( John Waite would have been nice, though.

I wasn't expecting much from John Waite... I actually went to the show to see the opener... The Ravyns (local band whos claim to fame was having a song on the "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" soundtrack). I didn't even know if I was gonna hang around for John Waite or not. I figured I'd give him a song or two. I've gotta say... GREAT SHOW. Of course I ended up staying for the whole set. John Waite actually ROCKED.

Haven't seen any (except for Sammy in Van Halen). John Waite would be cool, love his stuff and Ace and Sammy would be worth a look.

Ace Frehley lived in Franklin Lakes, NJ for a while in the early 90s so he was constantly doing local club gigs around that time. I'm trying to remember how many times I saw him now, at least 5 or 6 times. Two of those shows were with Peter Criss' band "CRISS" in late 1995, which was billed as the "Bad Boys Tour" -- we know now, of course, that the tour was intended to whip both Ace & Peter back into road shape for the upcoming KISS reunion.

If I remember correctly, the first Ace show I saw was at Studio One in Newark and that was Thanksgiving night, 1992.

Then at least twice (possibly three times) between 1993-94 at a place called Rock The House in Wallington, NJ.

Then the two gigs w/Criss - one at the Birch Hill Nightclub in Old Bridge and again at a blink-and-you-missed it club in Greenwood Lake, NY called "The Sterling Room" (which I swear opened and closed within a matter of weeks)... the gig in Greenwood Lake was the last show of the tour. My friend Ralph and I got totally lost looking for the place as it was in an unfamiliar region, and got there just as Criss was taking the stage. We didn't feel so bad about our directional retardation when Ace came onstage later and sez "How you doing everybody? Welcome to... where the f**k are we again? It took us FOREVER to find this place!" :rofl2:

The Ace/Criss gig at the Birch Hill apparently broke the attendance record for the club.

So, yeah...Ace rules. :banger:

Saw Mr. Roth on the Eat Em & Smile Tour. Cinderella was the opener supporting the Night Songs release.

Both bands were good, Dave did all of Eat Em plus the EP and a bunch of classic Halen. Bill Sheehan on bass and Steve Vai on guitar. Dave's voice sounded great and he is a showman bar none, tons of theatrical jumping and costumes/outfits and crowd interaction galore.

Of note the keyboardist for Cinderella was actually hidden behind all the Marshall's. We went up and around in the arena and could look down behind the stage and were like wtf???

Haven't seen any of the others solo, like Jez I did see the Hagar fronted Halen. As for Pearcy I would think his voice is hashed and would be a dissappointment live today...

I saw DLR on the Skyscraper tour, It was AWESOME. Faster Pussycat opened, they were good also.

I also saw Ace open for Maiden back in the day (Seventh Son Of A Seven Son and Second Sighting I think).A great show by Maiden and a good show by Ace and the boys.

Ace Frehley lived in Franklin Lakes, NJ for a while in the early 90s so he was constantly doing local club gigs around that time. I'm trying to remember how many times I saw him now, at least 5 or 6 times. Two of those shows were with Peter Criss' band "CRISS" in late 1995, which was billed as the "Bad Boys Tour" -- we know now, of course, that the tour was intended to whip both Ace & Peter back into road shape for the upcoming KISS reunion.

If I remember correctly, the first Ace show I saw was at Studio One in Newark and that was Thanksgiving night, 1992.

Then at least twice (possibly three times) between 1993-94 at a place called Rock The House in Wallington, NJ.

Then the two gigs w/Criss - one at the Birch Hill Nightclub in Old Bridge and again at a blink-and-you-missed it club in Greenwood Lake, NY called "The Sterling Room" (which I swear opened and closed within a matter of weeks)... the gig in Greenwood Lake was the last show of the tour. My friend Ralph and I got totally lost looking for the place as it was in an unfamiliar region, and got there just as Criss was taking the stage. We didn't feel so bad about our directional retardation when Ace came onstage later and sez "How you doing everybody? Welcome to... where the f**k are we again? It took us FOREVER to find this place!" :rofl2:

The Ace/Criss gig at the Birch Hill apparently broke the attendance record for the club.

So, yeah...Ace rules. :banger:

Great story as always Keith. Around that time I was in Ace's Rock Soldiers fan club but he never played anywhere near where I lived so I never had a chance to see him. I was a huge fan of him at that time and still am and would love to see him live especially if I could go back and see his first few tours from 87-89.

Seen Sammy Hagar a couple of times solo and he was awesome! Great!

Dave Lee Roth on the other hand, I saw him with Warrant as support and they both sucked, in fact I left before DLR had finished and went to Rockworld/Banshee so I didn't have to mess about with the crush leaving the venue. The Labour party just had their conference there and much as I hate that bunch of tossers it probably rocked more.