Star Wars 3D

66 mustang

'Star Wars' to get the 3-D treatment

Lucasfilm has been hinting at a new rerelease for several years

Zap2it.com

If you've ever wondered what Princess Leia's cinnamon-roll hairdo looks like in three dimensions, you're in luck.

Lucasfilm has announced that it's giving all six "Star Wars" movies another rerelease, this time in 3-D. "The Phantom Menace" will be first on the slate, with a release due in 2012, Variety reports.

The company has been hinting for several years that it might do 3-D versions of the saga, and the recent boom in 3-D films led to the announcement late Tuesday. John Knoll, the visual effects supervisor for Industrial Light & Magic, is overseeing the conversion and tells Variety, "It's not going to look like [other 3-D conversions] we've seen in the past."

One thing the new versions won't contain is more playing around with the original trilogy's visual effects. "Star Wars" mastermind George Lucas updated a number of effects shots for the 1997 rerelease of "Star Wars," "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi," to the displeasure of a lot of fans.

Lucasfilm hasn't determined the timing of all six 3-D releases yet. It will depend in part on how quickly the conversion from two dimensions goes.

Yawn to Mr. Lucas and all his money making gimmicks. Let me know when they do a re-release that changes the entire cast into nude 19 yr old college girls. :quagmire:

Yawn to Mr. Lucas and all his money making gimmicks. Let me know when they do a re-release that changes the entire cast into nude 19 yr old college girls. :quagmire:

True That!!!

Or how bout finishing the last three movies in the series???

Or how about erasing the three "prequels" entirely?

Man, it honks me off when I hear some young toad refer to the original "Star Wars" as "Episode IV: A New Hope" nowadays... :hammer:

But anyway... meh, not really interested in seeing the oldies converted to 3D... George got my $$ again for all three in the 90s when he re-released'em as the "Special Editions"

True That!!!

Man, it honks me off when I hear some young toad refer to the original "Star Wars" as "Episode IV: A New Hope" nowadays... :hammer:

But anyway... meh, not really interested in seeing the oldies converted to 3D... George got my $$ again for all three in the 90s when he re-released'em as the "Special Editions"

:agree:

The original 3 films are classics, leave them alone. I only watch the originals, never the remastered versions, which I hated. Jabba The Hutt in 'Star Wars' was rubbish (and completely unnecessary).

True That!!!

:agree:

The original 3 films are classics, leave them alone. I only watch the originals, never the remastered versions, which I hated. Jabba The Hutt in 'Star Wars' was rubbish (and completely unnecessary).

Well said!!

Oh GOOD LORD!! Why re-release the movies AGAIN in 3-D??? Why not, just finish up the series by FINALLY releasing Episodes VII VIII and IX???? Sorry as someone who, because of eye problems, simply can't SEE 3-D?? I don't get all excited about it....

Oh and I saw the Special Editions too?? And, with the exception of a couple scenes, I prefer the Originals.... They completely fucked up the music in Jedi on the Special Edition....

I Just hope, when they are released on Blu-Ray?? They have the brains to release episodes IV V and VI with both the original AND Special editions in the same package.... :tumbsup:

Oh GOOD LORD!! Why re-release the movies AGAIN in 3-D??? Why not, just finish up the series by FINALLY releasing Episodes VII VIII and IX???? Sorry as someone who, because of eye problems, simply can't SEE 3-D?? I don't get all excited about it....

Oh and I saw the Special Editions too?? And, with the exception of a couple scenes, I prefer the Originals.... They completely fucked up the music in Jedi on the Special Edition....

I Just hope, when they are released on Blu-Ray?? They have the brains to release episodes IV V and VI with both the original AND Special editions in the same package.... :tumbsup:

Yeah I can't see 3-D either. So if this new 3-D fad takes off big time I guess I'm up shit creek.