03 Go Your Own Way

04 When You Think Of Me

05 New Horizon

06 Simonai

07 Not The One I Love

08 Come My Way

09 Make Up In The Morning

10 In The Night

11 Lasting Love (bonus, live in Amsterdam)

Vangouw.png

This CD has been released through Demo-licious Records and is now for sale on Amazon. I'm told that it is Limited to 500 copies only. I'm not sure if they are silver pressed or CDR but who really cares. If you like this band, get one before they're gone.

Available here for $14.95 + postage.

Vangouw - Passion Rules

vangouw_pr.jpg

Line-Up:

Pascal Groenen - bass

GG - guitars

Gerard Vangouw - lead vocals

Han Neijenhuis - drums

Ruud Schoof - keyboards

Track Listing:

01 And Your Love

02 Leave The Night Behind

03 Go Your Own Way

04 When You Think Of Me

05 New Horizon

06 Simonai

07 Not The One I Love

08 Come My Way

09 Make Up In The Morning

10 In The Night

11 Lasting Love (bonus, live in Amsterdam)

Vangouw.png

This CD has been released through Demo-licious Records and is now for sale on Amazon. I'm told that it is Limited to 500 copies only. I'm not sure if they are silver pressed or CDR but who really cares. If you like this band, get one before they're gone.

Available here for $14.95 + postage.

Its a CDr release & sadly isn't the anthology type release I am expecting so the bands left off a few songs. But nevertheless a fantastic AOR / MHR album

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

How good is this one? And how soft is it? There aren't many reviews around, but those I've seen suggest it's very good and the vocals are highly praised.

Wowser. Followed the link and it was only us$6.12 on Amazon. Even with shipping it only cost au$12.65 all up. I have no idea who these guys are but I trust your tastes, Justin, so I took the chance. Looking forward to this one now. :)

is it factory pressing or CDR for the price you paid, mate ?

I can only assume it's the same CDR the guys above purchased. Sucks to pay that much for a CDR but this is one of those situations where I don't think there will be any other format in which these tunes will be available. Plus they sound very interesting, and they're from my (parents') homeland! :D

I'm not good with making comparisons to other bands, but they are along the lines of Dalton/Treat/Da Vinci/Glory - that kind of thing. Some great songs on here, very melodic, nothing particularly heavy, in fact it's pretty light weight with a good dose of keyboards. The sound quality is a bit demoish but not too bad, very listenable. I wouldn't worry about the fact that it's a CDR, the overall package and booklet are quite good. A nice pick up for $12 Geoff, you won't be disappointed.

I'm not good with making comparisons to other bands, but they are along the lines of Dalton/Treat/Da Vinci/Glory - that kind of thing. Some great songs on here, very melodic, nothing particularly heavy, in fact it's pretty light weight with a good dose of keyboards. The sound quality is a bit demoish but not too bad, very listenable. I wouldn't worry about the fact that it's a CDR, the overall package and booklet are quite good. A nice pick up for $12 Geoff, you won't be disappointed.

Haha. That's the exact type of bands I was thinking after seeing the band photo and reading what little I did about them. For $12, I'll give any band who sounds anything like that a go. Plus I always have a soft spot for Dutch bands too. :)

Haha. That's the exact type of bands I was thinking after seeing the band photo and reading what little I did about them. For $12, I'll give any band who sounds anything like that a go. Plus I always have a soft spot for Dutch bands too. :)

well i guess the parent's homeland is the strongest reason to pick this up bro

still remember years ago i visit Amsterdam's red light, well i guess the term 'heaven on earth' is real there! :D

will check out this one later :tumbsup:

I managed to find a couple of tracks online and the answer to my earlier question is that it's very soft. The songs weren't too bad, but I would say this is pretty close to being straight up pop music. I'll avoid.

I managed to find a couple of tracks online and the answer to my earlier question is that it's very soft. The songs weren't too bad, but I would say this is pretty close to being straight up pop music. I'll avoid.

It is definately at the softer end of the Hard Rock spectrum, but I certainly wouldn't call this anything remotely like straight up pop music. IMO.

It is definately at the softer end of the Hard Rock spectrum, but I certainly wouldn't call this anything remotely like straight up pop music. IMO.

backed!

• 7 years later...

Hi guys,

I am so happy with all of your reviews. Oh by the way: I am Gerard Vangouw, singer of the band Vangouw...now in my 50-ties but still rocking. I have got some great news for those who are interested. I struck a deal with our former record company to re-release Passion Rules for a period of 3 years and (unfortunately) again for 500 copies only. This due to the fact that 4 recordings are still the property of the record company. But...because of the many requests, I thought this was pretty sweet. Available at amazon.com for $9,95 only this time. The guys from the band are also happy with this and with all your reviews. Have a good day and leave your thoughts.

Oh yeah...I am thinking about releasing a cd with demo versions of some of the songs on passion Rules. Also, this cd should contain some unpublished songs. But remember, this is really demo quality! Also playing with the idea of releasing some live versions on it. Please, give me your feed back and tell me what you think. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, Ger said:

Hi guys,

I am so happy with all of your reviews. Oh by the way: I am Gerard Vangouw, singer of the band Vangouw...now in my 50-ties but still rocking. I have got some great news for those who are interested. I struck a deal with our former record company to re-release Passion Rules for a period of 3 years and (unfortunately) again for 500 copies only. This due to the fact that 4 recordings are still the property of the record company. But...because of the many requests, I thought this was pretty sweet. Available at amazon.com for $9,95 only this time. The guys from the band are also happy with this and with all your reviews. Have a good day and leave your thoughts.

Oh yeah...I am thinking about releasing a cd with demo versions of some of the songs on passion Rules. Also, this cd should contain some unpublished songs. But remember, this is really demo quality! Also playing with the idea of releasing some live versions on it. Please, give me your feed back and tell me what you think. Thanks again!

Gerard, thank you for posting this information and yes we here are fans and definitely interested in all the efforts you have your name on. The demos and live materials would be amazing to nab definitely. Please keep us posted.

• 1 month later...

Hi again, I'm glad to announce that the 2nd cd by Vangouw called: The Demo's '88/'92 has been released and available through amazon.com. It contains demo versions of some of the Passion Rules cd songs, a live version of Simonai, 2 new ballads, 2 new songs and some remixes. But remember, this cd has not been professionally produced and mixed so the sound quality is not top notch! Still proud though that after 29 years, we were able to re/release and release 2 cd's!! Thank you all for your honest comments.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Vangouw&ref=nb_sb_noss